HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

RUMORS..... what a wonderful word. It allows those who knows absolutely nothing about a subject to express an opinion that nobody wants to hear. Has there not been enough negative energy from those who love to talk in this county? Coach Russell was hired to revive this program and already RUMORS have started because he has yet to announce his staff. Give the man some time. He still has obligations in NC and yet travels here on the weekends. Atleast give him time to be a full time Blount County resident before you decide he's not the guy. I was fortunate enough to meet Coach Russell a while back and let me say his knowledge of football is almost as great as his character. He is a class act and will help our kids become better football players, and also citizens.

Good luck to Coach Russell and the Heritage Football team.

I also heard a RUMOR over the weekend. The kids are lifting hard, the team attitude is high, and the kids can't wait to go to work for Coach Russell. But that's just a rumor!

"It allows those who knows absolutely nothing about a subject to express an opinion that nobody wants to hear."

how do you know what i know? i know that the boys are working harder than they ever have. i know that waters knows what he is doing (followed him for years). i know that there is more to be done there than "hope" and "change" can accomplish. i don't wish ill on this program. i just think there is something wrong when an incoming coach don't seem to be able to get in school coaches that can help him to stick around.

btw, nobody will "hear" my opinion here. it's all text! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RUMORS..... what a wonderful word. It allows those who knows absolutely nothing about a subject to express an opinion that nobody wants to hear. Has there not been enough negative energy from those who love to talk in this county? Coach Russell was hired to revive this program and already RUMORS have started because he has yet to announce his staff. Give the man some time. He still has obligations in NC and yet travels here on the weekends. Atleast give him time to be a full time Blount County resident before you decide he's not the guy. I was fortunate enough to meet Coach Russell a while back and let me say his knowledge of football is almost as great as his character. He is a class act and will help our kids become better football players, and also citizens.

Good luck to Coach Russell and the Heritage Football team.

I also heard a RUMOR over the weekend. The kids are lifting hard, the team attitude is high, and the kids can't wait to go to work for Coach Russell. But that's just a rumor!

Great post..... I am glad to see someone else with some sense on here. Give the guy time..... As for the rumor you heard, It's all TRUE, not a RUMOR. The kids are working there tails off in the weight room, some are doing a little extra running and agility drills. The TEAM attitude is great. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can't wait for spring practice.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Phoosball.... the more you "talk" on here.... or "text" as you like to call it, the more apparent it becomes that you have no idea what you are talking about. Everyone knows that it will take hard work and a new attitude to turn this program around. Secondly, you have no idea who the new staff will be and if any "Heritage boys" will be on that staff. Why don't you sit back and let the professionals handle this. I promise you that Coach Russell knows what he is doing. Maybe it would be more beneficial for you to sit back and wait until the new staff is announced and then pass your judgements.

i am wishing him the best of luck. i hope the kids grow into young men and put in the work that is necessary to become successful. i want them to learn and understand what it means to be a team and work as a team. i am optimistic that true leaders will emerge on this team. i pray that the parents let the man do his job. i have high expectations that he will hold them accountable... in the classroom first and on the field.

having coached for many, many years and having played for a great coach i know that these are things that will begin to lead to success. coach russell will have to make tough decisions. i hope he is up to it. he will have to let some kids go that do not tow the line. discipline is rule number one and if he manages to pull that off he will have cleared a high hurdle. if he doesn't then it will be a long, long year.

by the way, i have watched the "professionals" handle it for too many years. if i lack blind optimism i hope you will forgive me.

i am wishing him the best of luck. i hope the kids grow into young men and put in the work that is necessary to become successful. i want them to learn and understand what it means to be a team and work as a team. i am optimistic that true leaders will emerge on this team. i pray that the parents let the man do his job. i have high expectations that he will hold them accountable... in the classroom first and on the field.

having coached for many, many years and having played for a great coach i know that these are things that will begin to lead to success. coach russell will have to make tough decisions. i hope he is up to it. he will have to let some kids go that do not tow the line. discipline is rule number one and if he manages to pull that off he will have cleared a high hurdle. if he doesn't then it will be a long, long year.

by the way, i have watched the "professionals" handle it for too many years. if i lack blind optimism i hope you will forgive me.

I just heard tonight that the Freshman Coach (Leatherwood) will not be coaching next season. That is the only one that I have heard for sure that wont return. I really hate to hear that because to me he was one of the better ones thay had. The kids enjoyed playing for him and he was a very good coach.