HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

I keep hearing the name Steve Fickert come up in conversations. Word is , he would come to Heritage as head coach and his son, Mike, would come as offensive coordinator. The offense would feature the "full-back dive" play almost exclusively. Of course, this may just be speculation on my part. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

One of them coached at William Blount and got in all that trouble for spending money?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only know of one for sure and he thought it went well. He is in Alabama , won a state championship in 5A and played for another, been a head coach for 20 years. He is an excellent, excellent coach, but he is an even better man. The kids would love him. Runs a disciplined program but it is the same for everyone, no exceptions. I don't know everyone that Heritage is interviewing but I would be hard pressed to think any of them has all the intangibles that this coach brings to the table. If you want a name,, that will have to come from Chip. I hope Heritage gets him, you want be disappointed.

I believe we are talking about the same coach, and from what i have heard it is. I don't know who the others that Heritage is interviewing are, but the coach from alabama is one heck of a coach! And a good man. If this guy gets the job you folks will get a excellent coach. I also think that this guy would be a great fit at Heritage. Good luck own your search!

I keep hearing the name Steve Fickert come up in conversations. Word is , he would come to Heritage as head coach and his son, Mike, would come as offensive coordinator. The offense would feature the "full-back dive" play almost exclusively. Of course, this may just be speculation on my part. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Gov-Man if 'un tha Fickert's git tha job...Eye jest hope thay dont send in tha plays usin' thair middull fangers ennymoore....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Any news lately?

Still waiting..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I do know one thing, the new strength and conditioning coach has got off to a good start. My son has complained all weekend about how sore he is from his first few days of workouts last week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gov-Man if 'un tha Fickert's git tha job...Eye jest hope thay dont send in tha plays usin' thair middull fangers ennymoore....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The "four horseman ride again" ... ha, ha

Stars, it's one thing when one of them girls of yours dates an Alcoa boy ... but my goodness, when they start hanging out with those William Blount boys you better watch it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Truthfully, sounds like she's a pretty good picker of young men ... DK is a fine one. He's one of mine and Rhonda's "other kids" ... we have several. Course I'm sure you know what that's like.

The "four horseman ride again" ... ha, ha

Stars, it's one thing when one of them girls of yours dates an Alcoa boy ... but my goodness, when they start hanging out with those William Blount boys you better watch it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Truthfully, sounds like she's a pretty good picker of young men ... DK is a fine one. He's one of mine and Rhonda's "other kids" ... we have several. Course I'm sure you know what that's like.

Sounds like she's got better taste in boys than Mamastars does.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Any word on the coach yet?

Now Fellers....

* Furst off Solly.....Eye wuz a rasslin' fan and mommaSTARS wuz a rassler...A match maid inn frum enside and outside tha rang..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

* Gov-Man.....Aint nothin' rong wif tha Pups daitin' these fellers frum othur skools....We's haiv got two find out whut tha othur teems runnin' befour Awgust ennyway we can...Wonce thay eat at momma's beens and skillit cornbread wif nanner puddin'...hits like truth sear-um...

* Eye wont two wush Rebullsman a Happy 50th Burfday...Alcouh Farr Dept. thawt thay haid a 3 alarm farr when'st APB lit all them candulls last weak out at Twin City.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ..........

* Pee Ess....Eye'm glad my 3000th post on coachT wuz used on sech wurthy subjicts..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Sounds like she's got better taste in boys than Mamastars does.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Any word on the coach yet?

Heard last night its down to 3 candidates. Will make the final decision next week. No names were given......