HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

yea, this is driving me crazy,but lets look at it this way,....becouse it's taking some time to decide on a coach,it seems there is alot of careful thought going into our new coach /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> allthough my boy will graduate this year I still LOVE heritage football!!!!!!!!! c'mon chip....pic us a goodern

You make a great point. I hope you are right.

My son has a few more yrs to enjoy high school football and I hope for him, it is a great experience. One sure fire way for that to happen is to play for a great coach and win a lot of football games.

Take your time Chip, get the best one out there available. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heritage middle school 4-4

eagleton middle school 0-8

and a few kids from carpenters middle school..... not sure on carpenters

as far as what coach rewis ran

he ran a 3-5 on defensive with alot of blitz i dont think that there was a single play we didnt blitz over the last 4 or 5 years he was at heritage

as far as offensive it changed alot... take this season for example... started the year with a flex sex with 2 wings

then he ran an overload set with both of his tackles to one side leaving on a guard and tight end on the back side with split backs in the back field and a running back lined up between the two tackles

a few weeks later he switched to a i-formation which was effective for a while but once it quit working

he moved to a spread shotgun formation and with tyler edmonds at quarterback it was very effective but he couldnt stay healthy

How did they go, and who were the with? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I only know of one for sure and he thought it went well. He is in Alabama , won a state championship in 5A and played for another, been a head coach for 20 years. He is an excellent, excellent coach, but he is an even better man. The kids would love him. Runs a disciplined program but it is the same for everyone, no exceptions. I don't know everyone that Heritage is interviewing but I would be hard pressed to think any of them has all the intangibles that this coach brings to the table. If you want a name,, that will have to come from Chip. I hope Heritage gets him, you want be disappointed.

i believe the jv had winning season every year under rewis except for his first season at heritage

as far as the good at heritage for the next coach

despite what people say

the kids on the team do want to win

and are dedicated to that

things just havent worked out the last few years

the kids love the weight room and getting stronger

and as long as the next coach keeps in competitive to see who can get stronger

and be the strongest on the team the kids will continue to want to get stronger

he will get a strong defense led by cermak and shell

along with minh tran

major weekness

offensive line

heritage at the offensive line

are losing

Costner at guard

Malone at center

Dixon at guard

and although he didnt last long

garland at tackle

all four were very good lineman

while evan crockett, alex ogle, and caleb allen have all had playing time they were all tackles

caleb allen can play center but i look for the luke eldirdge boy to take over for Malone

you will probably see crockett and ogle at tackles while todd merriman and caleb allen will be at guard with a mix of ming tran

there are alot of doubts in this offensive line for next year. especially at tackle. heritage all last season was getting killed off the edge. while last season the middle three could move 3 or 4 guys themselves

luke eldridge- plays alot like malone... just not as dirty and plays a little lower

todd merriman- already being short has a low center of gravity and he plays even lower and he is a strong kid

minh tran- loves to hit and brings the pop every play

evan crockett- play like he is very unsure of himself and he just needs to let himself loose and play the game he has the potential to be good

alex ogle- good pass blocker stays infront of his man... but not a good run blocker. way to receptive

I agree with your offensive line line-up. For the most part i believe they will get the job done. All of them have seen significent time in varsity games except for eldridge. The biggest issue will be if they can stay healthy, every guy on that line has had injuries that kept them out of games. Also size may be an issue, Ogle is going to be the biggest guy on that line and he's somewhere around 6 foot 1 265.

I only know of one for sure and he thought it went well. He is in Alabama , won a state championship in 5A and played for another, been a head coach for 20 years. He is an excellent, excellent coach, but he is an even better man. The kids would love him. Runs a disciplined program but it is the same for everyone, no exceptions. I don't know everyone that Heritage is interviewing but I would be hard pressed to think any of them has all the intangibles that this coach brings to the table. If you want a name,, that will have to come from Chip. I hope Heritage gets him, you want be disappointed.

Sounds like a keeper.... Do you know if he would bring some of his other coaches or not?