HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

It can't come soon enough....I can't wait..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The last thing I heard was sometime in May. Coach Russell is still in North Carolina teaching and trying to sale his house. He is commuting about once a week to check on the progress in the weight room by all the players. Seems to be working out pretty good for now since we have the new weightlifting coach. (Waters). This guy is great. I can see the differance in my son just after about a month of lifting with this guy. Hiring coach Waters and Russell has also inspired some more kids to play football again. There seems to be a buzz around the school about a lot of the athletes coming back out to play and a few new ones have shown some intrest. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just have to wait and see.......

............GO MOUNTAINEERS...........

Hey Scoot

Glad to hear things are looking up. Atheletes walking the halls instead of competing on the field has been a problem at Heritage and WB for a long time. Coaches must make it a priority to get these kids.

Have ewe ben attendin the Starznbars scool four spellin and grammer? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I think coach should try to sell his house but with the economy in the can he may have to put it on "sale". Thay shure learned ewe good at Hairitege...... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Just kidding. Say hello to our "little ole lady" friend..

tpoole12

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Scoot

Glad to hear things are looking up. Atheletes walking the halls instead of competing on the field has been a problem at Heritage and WB for a long time. Coaches must make it a priority to get these kids.

Have ewe ben attendin the Starznbars scool four spellin and grammer? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I think coach should try to sell his house but with the economy in the can he may have to put it on "sale". Thay shure learned ewe good at Hairitege...... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Just kidding. Say hello to our "little ole lady" friend..

tpoole12

Yea, starznbars aint got nuttin on me. I never claimed to be good at spellin or grammer, my Hritage education has done me proud........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll try to do better in my future post, Thanks..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rumors

branton - no

leatherwood kid - no

rang - no

young - no

also heard that rankin is looking for a qb coach. reed is in final for oak ridge job. could he be interested in any of our young coaches? is russell driving these guys away?

how many kids will play for a guy that isn't getting the local talent he can get to stay here?

I hope this is all rumor. I think Young and Leatherwood can help the program but if Coach Russell don't think they fit into his plan then we will just move on and wish them the best. Leatherwood has done a great job with the Freshman team the last couple of years and really relates well with the kids, it will be a great loss. I think coach Young got the raw end of the deal last year and never really got the chance to show his abilities. Both are great people and coaches.

Don't no anything about Brantons coaching. Has he coached anywhere before?

Who is Rang?

Who is in at Oak Ridge? John Reid?

I don't think Coach Russell is driving anyone away, I think he is trying to build his staff that fits his program, you can't blame a new coach for that. I hope he gets the best he can. I don't think they will have any trouble getting the kids to play for them. Everything I have heard from the kids has been positive, and a lot of new intrest in the team from other athletes in the school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

heard from my stepson that the cline boy might be moving to alcoa. any truth to that? i know he ran good as a freshman. he'd have to stand in line at alcoa before he got any play time.

i saw on the thread that he likes to run the spread. how is he gonna do that at hhs? those boys can't catch a cold and are not fast enough to beat anyone deep.

heard from my stepson that the cline boy might be moving to alcoa. any truth to that? i know he ran good as a freshman. he'd have to stand in line at alcoa before he got any play time.

i saw on the thread that he likes to run the spread. how is he gonna do that at hhs? those boys can't catch a cold and are not fast enough to beat anyone deep.

Coach Russel said that he has ran the spread but can also do other things. I think he will use whatever he thinks will work with the players he has. I don't expect him to try and run the spread with the QB situation like it is. Whos to say he wont get an athlete out of the halls that can run it tho? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You never know? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

As for your comment about the boys not fast enough or cant catch? There is some good speed out there and some real good hands, we just have to have better throws from the QB spot.

No truth to the rumor about the "Cline boy". I talked to him and a few of his friends the other night at the basketball game and they seem hyped up about the new strength and conditioning coach, Waters, and Coach Russell. He did have a great Freshman season and would probably get some play time if he did go to Alcoa, maybe not at RB but at receiver or DB. But I don't think we will have to worry about that.

It is painfully obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about. I think those football players out there would disagree with your comments completely. But... you do have a right to your opinion. It appears that you should be a coach... being that you are so knowledgeable about the game of football.

Rumors

branton - no

leatherwood kid - no

rang - no

young - no

also heard that rankin is looking for a qb coach. reed is in final for oak ridge job. could he be interested in any of our young coaches? is russell driving these guys away?

how many kids will play for a guy that isn't getting the local talent he can get to stay here?

RUMORS..... what a wonderful word. It allows those who knows absolutely nothing about a subject to express an opinion that nobody wants to hear. Has there not been enough negative energy from those who love to talk in this county? Coach Russell was hired to revive this program and already RUMORS have started because he has yet to announce his staff. Give the man some time. He still has obligations in NC and yet travels here on the weekends. Atleast give him time to be a full time Blount County resident before you decide he's not the guy. I was fortunate enough to meet Coach Russell a while back and let me say his knowledge of football is almost as great as his character. He is a class act and will help our kids become better football players, and also citizens.

Good luck to Coach Russell and the Heritage Football team.

I also heard a RUMOR over the weekend. The kids are lifting hard, the team attitude is high, and the kids can't wait to go to work for Coach Russell. But that's just a rumor!

It is painfully obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about. I think those football players out there would disagree with your comments completely. But... you do have a right to your opinion. It appears that you should be a coach... being that you are so knowledgeable about the game of football.

i've forgotten more about football than most know.

coach russell has his work cut out for him. the ME and I attitude that soaks hhs boys sports programs is like a stink on their programs. there is little concern for TEAM as many of those boys have been told by their parents and others that they are special. they don't teach them how to work to get what they want. i pray that coach russell is a tough as nails disciplinarian who will fire kids who pollute the team with their loser mentality. that has been something i have observed as i look at the sideline behavior of the hhs football players the past years. it's not all of them but quite a few of them.

all hhs boys programs need a dose of discipline and work ethic. there are too few boys who exhibit it. they have to be willing to unlearn losing and learn how to win. they need to know what it is like to put themselves second to the team. if they can do that they can win games. if they can't then no amount of schedule changes can make a winning program there.