HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GQ needs to send Heritage's coach a thankyou card if this is true...

HAH!

I heard a lot of great things about Jon Young until last year and I will agree that he did not get to do what he was "Promised" as so many have said. From the stands on Friday nights, Monday nights, and through the week I saw a coach who gave up on his players. When things got bad on Friday he just stood towards the end of the game away from everyone with his arms crossed while other coaches continued to coach. I was very disappointed with the great and creative Jon Young, but maybe he will coach his position better when whoever he is coaching is winning. Watch out when things go bad.

I think Heritage is better off without him. Good luck Heritage!

HAH!

I heard a lot of great things about Jon Young until last year and I will agree that he did not get to do what he was "Promised" as so many have said. From the stands on Friday nights, Monday nights, and through the week I saw a coach who gave up on his players. When things got bad on Friday he just stood towards the end of the game away from everyone with his arms crossed while other coaches continued to coach. I was very disappointed with the great and creative Jon Young, but maybe he will coach his position better when whoever he is coaching is winning. Watch out when things go bad.

it is remarkable what professional EA NCAA and Madden players think they know. obviously you have no idea what has gone on in the disfunctional hhs football program. having followed hhs football for a while i'll explain what i know from observation and conversations about the hhs football program in its last two years.

first, anyone - and i mean anyone - who watched a hhs football game the last two seasons saw a very undisciplined group of players. this isn't to say all of them were undisciplined. however, there were enough players running the team that it was clear the coach did not have a grip on them. i watched a few practices. they were pathetic. rewis ran everything while kids and coaches stood around wondering what to do. in fact, i saw young bring enthusiasm to his scout teams as they could score on the first team defense at will. the rewis brothers offered excuses for failure. it was obvious the kids loved playing for coach young.

second, anyone who watched a game the past two years saw young men who gave up on themselves first. last fall i thought that after the seymour win, then playing tough first halves against farragut and maryville that perhaps they had turned the corner as a team. unfortunately, whether it was coaching, attitude, or whatever their season fell apart. that was clear after the drumming they took at campbell county. the rest of the season they played like they were in a fog and didn't care if they were on the field or not.

third, i have watched several hms middle school football games. to my knowledge they were never more successful than when they were under john young's direction. i saw both of their appearances in the county championship game in 2006 & 2007, which they nearly nearly won. those kids played quality football. at no time did i see young give up on the kids or the game.

forth, young walked into a no-win situation with the rewis brothers and that disfunctional offense they ran. with the players they had, and the physically weak offensive line, it was stupid to line up and run that offense. it was clear that coach rewis did not listen to his assistants. young was treated no differently.

finally, as a supporter of the county football programs it pains me to see good, young coachs seeking opportunities elsewhere. however, young coachs who have an opportunity to hook up with g.q. or rankin is a smart move for them. and it says a lot about what quality coachs think of these young men when they offer them positions on their staffs. the revolving door that passes for head coaching positions in the county schools doesn't offer young coaches stability or in some instances quality coaching experiences. budget problems are not going to make it better as good coaches will migrate to better paying jobs.

let the flaming begin!

HAH!

I thought I heard he was in the press box? My neighbor who's son plays at hhs said that young was the most competitive coach out there . thats ok though im sure there are lots of other schools that would like to have him....and i would say mhs or ahs are pretty good ones

sounds like someone is upset because their kid did not get enough playing time last year.........

I thought I heard he was in the press box? My neighbor who's son plays at hhs said that young was the most competitive coach out there . thats ok though im sure there are lots of other schools that would like to have him....and i would say mhs or ahs are pretty good ones

sounds like someone is upset because their kid did not get enough playing time last year.........

it sure does... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I saw a different game than you did at MC that day. It was against Alcoa....Anytime a pass play had to be called it was their running back that threw the ball. One of their TD passes was a halfback pass that went to Cutshaw. Patton still has not showed me anything. May prove me wrong when he is a fifth year senior though.

keep your eyes open /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hey starz , how many of our REBELS live with GQ?

keep your eyes open /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hey starz , how many of our REBELS live with GQ?

Patton still has not showed me anything. May prove me wrong when he is a fifth year senior though.

Thats funny...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will say as a parent of a son that played for Jon Young, that he was one of the better coaches I have been around. He was well liked by the kids and parents, knows a tremendous amount of footbal & he showed a lot of spirit at practices and games. The kids played hard for him.

A comment was made about him giving up on players and games last year. That is not a fair statment.

I think what you saw was a person that had been lied to and dumped on. My opinion is that he was frustrated and bitter about the way he was treated. He never gave up on players he gave up on the Head coach. The one that hired him to be the QB coach and offensive cord. but then would not allow him to install his system or call plays. All he got to do was run scout "O" and work with QB's during drills. Which he done both very well.

I think whoever gets coach Young will get a competitor, motivator and very good coach. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO MOUNTAINEERS..............

I will say as a parent of a son that played for Jon Young, that he was one of the better coaches I have been around. He was well liked by the kids and parents, knows a tremendous amount of footbal & he showed a lot of spirit at practices and games. The kids played hard for him.

A comment was made about him giving up on players and games last year. That is not a fair statment.

I think what you saw was a person that had been lied to and dumped on. My opinion is that he was frustrated and bitter about the way he was treated. He never gave up on players he gave up on the Head coach. The one that hired him to be the QB coach and offensive cord. but then would not allow him to install his system or call plays. All he got to do was run scout "O" and work with QB's during drills. Which he done both very well.

I think whoever gets coach Young will get a competitor, motivator and very good coach. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO MOUNTAINEERS..............

I agree Scoot. I LMBO at fans from the stands making statements such as the one earlier.

Why does everyone keep talking about the past? Who cares about Jon Young! Who cares about where he goes! The one thing I do know is that we have a motivated young coach and a motivated staff! This staff loves these kids and has them fired up! Brint has a lot of great ideas. The things we need to do as a community is get behind these coaches, stay positive, support the players and challenge excuses and good things will happen! Keep up the good work Brint! You and coach Fuller have put together a great staff!

Why does everyone keep talking about the past? Who cares about Jon Young! Who cares about where he goes! The one thing I do know is that we have a motivated young coach and a motivated staff! This staff loves these kids and has them fired up! Brint has a lot of great ideas. The things we need to do as a community is get behind these coaches, stay positive, support the players and challenge excuses and good things will happen! Keep up the good work Brint! You and coach Fuller have put together a great staff!

Great post.

I really don't care where he goes or what he does from here. I just wanted to say how I felt about the issue with Jon. I have said my peace now we can move on.

I have been very pleased with the practices and the one scrimmage we have played so far. The coaches have been great. The kids are responding very well to what they are teaching and enjoying it. I love the way practice is so detailed and timed, everyone is so focused.

Keep up the good work guys.