Way Too Serious

Wave80

So many have missed the point of my original post.

I love football. I love competition. I love that two teams can engage in a fierce, skillful battle for 48 minutes and shake hands like gentlemen afterward (reference the McKenzie vs. Manassas game). There are great things about football and sports in general and I'm definitely against, as one poster put it, feminizing everything. I'm not even trying to evangelize on here. There's just a few folks (and I really mean a FEW) whose TONE in their writing sounds like they want to do bodily harm to a rival that disagrees with them. Again, nothing wrong with some good natured barbs and verbal jousting between rivals. I guess I'd better shut upon this.

Not at all. Good thread. Point well taken.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has to be one of the most true posts i have ever read.I sir agree with everything you have said, boy scouts and football truly are what makes a young boy into a man,plus its two of the few things that hasnt been corrupted or FEMINIZED. its been three decades and i to still have the same dream, awesome lessons come from this great game that god has given us. GREAT POST sir.

Thank you Skippy. I appreciate the kind words.

I love football. I love competition. I love that two teams can engage in a fierce, skillful battle for 48 minutes and shake hands like gentlemen afterward (reference the McKenzie vs. Manassas game). There are great things about football and sports in general and I'm definitely against, as one poster put it, feminizing everything. I'm not even trying to evangelize on here. There's just a few folks (and I really mean a FEW) whose TONE in their writing sounds like they want to do bodily harm to a rival that disagrees with them. Again, nothing wrong with some good natured barbs and verbal jousting between rivals. I guess I'd better shut upon this.

I agree completely....I love to trade barbs and verbally joust. I have been the recipient of a threat last year....it was very unsettling. Person said they would take an issue up with me at a ball game.....heck I am not a big person AT ALL...this was a man saying this. I'm sarcastic....freely admit that. I am against talking about kids. Wave80, I have been sarcastic with you /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> YOU got that I was just kidding around....sure didn't mean anything personal by it!!! I love the game of football...love that it can provide many life lessons that will carry on waaaaay after the game ends.

Good post. I have replied sarcastically to your post, but I seriously agree with you. Most of the ones that post as though they want to do bodily harm really do take it too seriously. The anonymity of this forum allows for more emotion than you would witness in person.

Good post. I have replied sarcastically to your post, but I seriously agree with you. Most of the ones that post as though they want to do bodily harm really do take it too seriously. The anonymity of this forum allows for more emotion than you would witness in person.

I too poked a little fun at the orginal posts but that wasn't to say that I didn't agree. You made a very good point and with the palyoffs some people get even more way out of control.

I completely understand why people want to back there team or they wouldn't be on this message board talking about their team. I wish the teams that are still in the playoffs the best of luck and that no team has any injuries. Let's also remember the Sophomore at South Pittsburg that passed away on Sunday from a 4-wheeler accident and to keep that family in your thoughts and prayers over the next weeks and months. Just imagine what Christmas is going to be like this year for the family. Football is just a game in comparison to what happened to that young person.

I completely understand why people want to back there team or they wouldn't be on this message board talking about their team. I wish the teams that are still in the playoffs the best of luck and that no team has any injuries. Let's also remember the Sophomore at South Pittsburg that passed away on Sunday from a 4-wheeler accident and to keep that family in your thoughts and prayers over the next weeks and months. Just imagine what Christmas is going to be like this year for the family. Football is just a game in comparison to what happened to that young person.

If you want to read something cool, read the thread on Manassas-McKenzie final thoughts. Those two schools fought tooth and nail with each other, but still maintained good sportsmanship. I'm pretty sure that's what most people are still about.

Just an observation but some poster on here take it way to serious . . . I know some is good natured barbs back and forth between rivals that are five miles apart like but some of you sound like you think this is life or death and your well being in life depends on the outcome of the games or whether or not your region sweeps another in the first round.

Some of you are just having fun but some of you are a little over the top. I personally wish some people would get this fanatical about witnessing about Christianity or volunteering at a local charity.

Good luck to all and hope nobody has any injuries at games or traveling to or from games.

I PLAYED IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE AND NOW I LIVE IN FLORENCE ALABAMA. YOU SHOULD SEE HOW SERIOUS THEY TAKE IT DOWN HERE. NOW THAT BAMA IS #1, I ONLY THINK A FEW KNOW ABOUT COACH T. IF NOT THEY WOULD POST LIKE MANIACS AND NO DISRESPECT TO YOU BUT THEY RAG YOU FOR THIS POST