District 14A the best in the State in Single A?

volfan007

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Bigster is right. We're not talking about the best team in the state. We're not even talking about which district has the best two teams, or three teams. But, which district is the toughest to play in...night in and night out!!!!!!

District 14A is a very tough district top to bottom. Every game...just about...is a war. I'd have to think that District 14A is the toughest in the state. It makes watching the girls games fun and interesting.

Also, all of yall need to remember that this is a discussion. There's no need for people getting mad and slinging mud in people's eyes!!!!! It's a discussion. Please.

I agree its our opinion for discussion and each person has a tendency to believe your area is superior because thats who we see and we want our teams to be better,and I believe that clay co. RBS. and pckett co. will play and compete with the 3-6 teams in 14a. Why is because Jackson co. and Clarkrange have a harder time iwinning district than they do in region and sectionals. Now this may be true in other areas also but generally speaking the farther you go the better the teams. Very seldom anyone in 7a goes undefeated in district play even when they win state.

who give a darn! the way a few of you are acting you'd think state tournaments were run like elections. yall look like you're running negative campaign ads! lol... all these facts and comebacks saying these facts are wrong and "idiots" here and "idiots" there. They were both good and they are both still good. Its about the kids remember... not a bunch of people that have nothing to do with the teams outside of being a fan arguing over trivialities! geez... calm down.

• 2 weeks later...

I might should have left that recruiting jab out but that one Red Boiling Spring girl made a world of difference last year for Jackson County to win the Gold Ball. I dont really know if any recruiting went on but that was the rumor.

Its not nice to throw accusations out like that. I can assure you that no recuiting goes on there. These girls have a falling out with their old coaches and want to play for a winning program and a winning coach who has proven he can get girls to the next level. It makes it easy for the parents with the vast amount of job opportunities available there. Not knocking the place, just stating the truth.

I think the original poster meant to ask does Dis 14 have the most parity. Which it might but it certainly is not the best district in A. The winningest program in A is Clarkrange which also has the most state titles with seven. Since Jackson County has moved to A they have made quite an impact and they have four AA and one A title. Both play in the same district which is, in fact, the strongest in the state in Class A. I would hate to see an all star team from Dis 7 play any other in the state as it would not be pretty. Clarkange beat Wilson Central in summer ball this year and we all know about that AAA program don't we. Back to back AAA state champs I believe. Of course anything can happen and it's a long season so we'll all just have to wait and see.

I had almost forgot how much fun this message board is, my 14A buddies sure know how to affect some serious 7A fans attitude /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I knew this thread was headed for controversy when 7A fans saw it. How's it going 7Awatcher? I havent talked with you lately. There is no question who the best two teams in Class A are in my mind, Clark Range and Jackson County.

I was sure hoping that Jackson County would be moving back up in AA next year. We may need to combine a few schools down here to play with you big dogs. We may put together a 14A All Star team and send it to Murfresboro this year so we can compete. My 14A friends are going to shoot me for siding with you guys.

I knew this thread was headed for controversy when 7A fans saw it. How's it going 7Awatcher? I havent talked with you lately. There is no question who the best two teams in Class A are in my mind, Clark Range and Jackson County.

I was sure hoping that Jackson County would be moving back up in AA next year. We may need to combine a few schools down here to play with you big dogs. We may put together a 14A All Star team and send it to Murfresboro this year so we can compete. My 14A friends are going to shoot me for siding with you guys.

This may be a good year for a pilgrimage over your way come Feb. Jackson Co. has a ways to go this year as Clarkrange will most likely rule the roost over this way, but it is a while to post season and anything can happen. I'll keep a check on you and we will have us a chat around Christmas time.

Greenfieldfan, What are you talking about? An All-Star Team? If i can remember correctly Bradford played Clarkrange to the wire last year and should have won. Two years ago Gleason went to the state tournament and made District 7A look like a bunch of junior high teams! Beating everybody by 20 pts. and could have been 50!!! I know Jackson County and Clarkrange are Great teams, but dont degrade 14A teams.