CAK vs. Alcoa

tornadogold

Mak'it uh sasuhfuras root bur fur me! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> thanks STARS!.........................

BeeCee that iz my favritt.....momma likes a sewyside....All flavurs mixed twogethur..... Big Arnge, graip, strawburry, churry, limmun, lyme, sassy frass, root beer, cream, and cream gravy....... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BeeCee that iz my favritt.....momma likes a sewyside....All flavurs mixed twogethur..... Big Arnge, graip, strawburry, churry, limmun, lyme, sassy frass, root beer, cream, and cream gravy....... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Please tell me she don't stir em all up with those Pillsbury dough feet you've describe /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I just wanted to take a second to thank Budrock for the donuts last night. Honestly, I tried to get there in time to meet FBD and come over to meet and shake hands with you and your fellow Tornado fans, but I got there right at 6:00 and he had already made the connection and was with you guys at the press box I suppose. FBD gets really motivated to get there early if food is up for grabs! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You Alcoa fans are a classy bunch (dog gone it) and I can't pull against you guys now! I've enjoyed talking with you guys this season. I wish we would get to see you guys in BB season. Anyway, thanks again to you, BC, Bridge, Rank, and the rest of your crew. Good luck and hopefully FBD and I can repay the favor next year.

I was happy to do it GVK. I honestly believe those are some of the best donuts you will ever eat. But, I am partial because I grew up eating Richey Kreme donuts. Not only that, Mr. Marion Richey, original owner of the Richey Kreme establishment, sponsored my dad's little league team for several years. Anyways, we always want you to enjoy your trip to Alcoa. Regardless of the outcome of the game. Best of luck to CAK during basketball, I don't mean that to be ugly, and we will look forward to our future meetings during football season.

God bless!

Budrock

I just wanted to take a second to thank Budrock for the donuts last night. Honestly, I tried to get there in time to meet FBD and come over to meet and shake hands with you and your fellow Tornado fans, but I got there right at 6:00 and he had already made the connection and was with you guys at the press box I suppose. FBD gets really motivated to get there early if food is up for grabs! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You Alcoa fans are a classy bunch (dog gone it) and I can't pull against you guys now! I've enjoyed talking with you guys this season. I wish we would get to see you guys in BB season. Anyway, thanks again to you, BC, Bridge, Rank, and the rest of your crew. Good luck and hopefully FBD and I can repay the favor next year.

I hate that I did not get to meet you GVK. I sure did enjoy the games with CAK this year. These matchups are always hard fought battles and make us Alcoa fans nervous. That is a testament to the fine program CAK has. I hate that CAK's path has to cross with Alcoa so early in the playoffs. I truly believe CAK could play very deep and even win it all if they played all games as hard as they play Alcoa. I look forward to next years games! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Ov coarse knott.....She uses her fangers.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Sheila,

I think Footballdad will be able to fill you in on the details of CAK's scheduling. BTW, congratulations on Powell's outstanding season.

Thank you! We came on strong and some young players stepped up. Confidence breeds success!

I can't imagine why CAK would travel to upper east tennesse when local schools (that they have played well against) are very willing to play. I am very surprised.

Thank you! We came on strong and some young players stepped up. Confidence breeds success!

I can't imagine why CAK would travel to upper east tennesse when local schools (that they have played well against) are very willing to play. I am very surprised.

I don't know specifically about Powell. I think FBD may know the scoop. I do understand we had trouble getting non region opponents. I understand that several declined that I would have thought would have been a yes. CAK is going to have their work cut out for them next year with their region and nonregion schedule. I personally would have liked to see CAK play Powell, but when you look at school size it's probably not going to happen. Even with the multiplier, CAK has "enrollment" of 734 (multiplied enrollment) and will be 3A while Powell has 1403 non multiplied enrollment and will be 5A. CAK already has one 5A opponent and four 4A opponents on the schedule, not to mention three of the 3A opponents we have are Alcoa, Loudon, and Kingston. I'm not sure that CAK needs to be trying to find more 5A programs to schedule with. I can't imagine what would be in it for Powell anyway.

Any idea Why CAK would not schedule Powell and why they dropped Webb?

I am not priviledge to any info regarding an opportunity for CAK and Powell to play in 2009. Sounds like you believe there was discussion between the two schools and CAK refused. I had only heard about the possibility of a scrimmage next year. If Powell wanted to play, I'm not sure why CoachB would opt to drive to NET for a game rather than take one closer. However; I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case and here's why. I know that coaches all over are being very selective about non-regional games. In 09 only the top 2 teams from each division are given automatic bids to the playoffs, and the rest are determined by wildcard births. The wildcards are determined by overall record. Looking at next years regions, it looks pretty promising for Powell to be one of the top two in their region, whereas, CAK is going to be very challenged to do the same. So overall record is probably more of a concern for CAK than Powell. Opting to play a game against a school as big and athletically strong as Powell (1000 more students than CAK) that they could easily get beat by would be risky for CAK. The Warriors already have Alcoa, Kingston, Loudon, & Seymour to contend with, not to mention a couple other tough teams that it looks like they will pickup. While adding a Powell vs CAK game to the schedule would be pleasing to many Panther and Warrior fans alike, it really doesn't seem to be smart scheduling. What would Powell have to gain? Small gate, so what if you win, looks bad if you lose. Redemption maybe, but just over a couple jamborees? So I think it is risky for Powell as well. Of course, it could be something as simple as the available weeks to play wouldn't coordinate. I'm sure the same could be said for Webb. Anyway, thats my take on your question. I in NO WAY speak for anyone at CAK, just my opinion. Congrats to the Panthers for a good season! They worked hard and kept getting better. What an exciting year for them. Looking forward to watching them next year whenever CAK isn't playing. I follow the Panthers closer than you might believe, and hope they win every time they play...almost /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />