Powell at Rhea

BackValleyRally

If you're not a Rhea County fan then what are you? Almost every one of your posts have been on Rhea County threads. No one believes you. I also find it interesting that you CAPITALIZE random words in your posts just like a certain friend of mine on this board who you just, as always, backed up. Is it just me, or does anyone else out there think it may be more than a coincidence that you write in the same manner and think the exact same thoughts? Get a life. If you want to have a factual discussion about this then it's alright, but just yelling out "WE'RE 9-2", though it may be a fact, does not attest to the coaching ability of Fitzgerald. In my opinion, he's hurt us way more than he's ever helped us with his defense. Cameron, at times, has been just as bad, but at least his side of the ball produces.

that defense is pretty pathetic i must say.. fitz has done quite a terrible job... especially that goaline stand 1 and 2 on the 2 and the stop them four plays in a row and the blocked extra point again soddy and the entire Red Bank game hold a high scoring offense to six points... stop them on two 4 play series i mean i dont get it i dont think anyone does.. 9-2 (loses to a team projected to win the region which we won and loss to a team who beat the number one team in 5A last week in the first round) and still the coaching is bashed i dont understand.. obviously coach fitz and company is doing something right because a 9-2 season a region championship and a second round playoff game and still no one is happy so basically unless the boys go win the state then its gonna be blamed on the coaching.. for the teams sake i hope they do win the state and make you eat your words and shut up because im tired of this coach bashing after the success they have had but enough about that lets go eagles beat powell this week and lets bring the Rebels to our place /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that defense is pretty pathetic i must say.. fitz has done quite a terrible job... especially that goaline stand 1 and 2 on the 2 and the stop them four plays in a row and the blocked extra point again soddy and the entire Red Bank game hold a high scoring offense to six points... stop them on two 4 play series i mean i dont get it i dont think anyone does.. 9-2 (loses to a team projected to win the region which we won and loss to a team who beat the number one team in 5A last week in the first round) and still the coaching is bashed i dont understand.. obviously coach fitz and company is doing something right because a 9-2 season a region championship and a second round playoff game and still no one is happy so basically unless the boys go win the state then its gonna be blamed on the coaching.. for the teams sake i hope they do win the state and make you eat your words and shut up because im tired of this coach bashing after the success they have had but enough about that lets go eagles beat powell this week and lets bring the Rebels to our place /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

AMEN!

good luck Rhea County because your really going to need it. Powell is a great football team with way more athletes than yours. Powell's spread offense will give them fits, and with Clinton basically running at will last week with a running back who played wide reciever all year long, and without there star running back, a quaterback that couldnt practice all week, and a few more players missing action, i would have to say that this wont be much of a contest. #10 for Rhea County is pretty good, wouldnt say there quarterback is really good from watching him, and there defense features 2 good players, Powell might score 50.. Rhea County is lucky to even be playing right now.

You say Clinton didn't have their starting running back in there last week who it is probably safe to say is your best player.. But Rhea didn't have in their starting receiver who was on his way to breaking a couple of school records... We had a guy playin slot where #3 played who started out the year playing running back... he came in and took over that position and has done a great job.. either way Rhea is still playin and clinton is out... So why don't you go start a thread for next year and let us talk about the season that WE ARE STILL playing in

There's no doubt the defense is good. You don't get this far without one. What I and others have said is that when Rhea runs a 4 man front, they're better at stopping the run. We ran it against Walker Valley, and it worked. Notice how the only TD allowed that night was against the 3-5 on the first drive of the second half (go check that week's thread). We ran it a ton against Red Bank, and it worked. When we ran it last week against Clinton, it worked better than the 3-5. Everytime we've run the 4 man front, its worked and I've given the staff credit. (Again, go check previous threads.) I am also willing to bet that those defensive plays you referenced were when we were in at least a 4 man front.

I am not saying the D is bad. It is good. And when they're in a 4 man front, they're VERY good.

Nobody to my knowledge is rooting against the boys. Everybody I've seen here wants them to win. I want them to win. There's no words for anybody to eat if they win. Somehow what I've just said will be called coach bashing...

There's no doubt the defense is good. You don't get this far without one. What I and others have said is that when Rhea runs a 4 man front, they're better at stopping the run. We ran it against Walker Valley, and it worked. Notice how the only TD allowed that night was against the 3-5 on the first drive of the second half (go check that week's thread). We ran it a ton against Red Bank, and it worked. When we ran it last week against Clinton, it worked better than the 3-5. Everytime we've run the 4 man front, its worked and I've given the staff credit. (Again, go check previous threads.) I am also willing to bet that those defensive plays you referenced were when we were in at least a 4 man front.

I am not saying the D is bad. It is good. And when they're in a 4 man front, they're VERY good.

Nobody to my knowledge is rooting against the boys. Everybody I've seen here wants them to win. I want them to win. There's no words for anybody to eat if they win. Somehow what I've just said will be called coach bashing...

First and foremost, I don't think that our defense is bad. I think that they are good enough to get the job done. They played a great game against Red Bank (they need to give some thanks to the wind and Josh Davis as well). If you look at our losses, two of the biggest factors of those games have been, not only our defense, but how our defense was aligned. Not switching to a cover 2 defense during the McMinn game is what allowed them to score nearly 50 points on us. If you can't understand why that's the case then go read up on your defensive coverages please. In the Cleveland game, why do you think they can come out and score those points in the second half? Because they were able to adjust. They knew that they could run the jet sweep and the QB draw, and they knew we weren't going to change. It doesn't take a genius to stop two plays. On that jet sweep, the end is basically taken out of the play by alignment. Once the end is sealed off, you just get a dynamic athlete like Parks out in the open field and they run all over us. And, for the record, putting your ends on the outside edge of the tackles doesn't count as adjusting. It just means the QB is going to keep it up the middle. It doesn't matter if our defense is "tired" if they're so badly out of position they can't stop 2 basic plays.

I know we're 9-2. This season has been a pleasant surprise. I'm proud of our boys and I think the coaches, for the most part, have done a good job. Most of my complaints have been formulated by watching the last decade of Rhea County football, especially since the induction of the 3-5-3. Before 2006, I thought Fitzgerald was a good coach who didn't keep a disciplined team. Since then, he's managed to change my opinion. That being said, nothing would make me happier than Rhea Counting upsetting Maryville and heading up to MTSU.

That's my last coaching post until after the season.

Powell will run through Rhea County. Houston is way to good for there defense which only was two good players on it. Rhea County is luck Clinton wasnt health last week because if they were, they would be at the house watching this week.

IF CLINTON WAS AT HEALTH? What about if Rhea was at health... we had one of our best players out too... and another one of our defensive linemen has been out for weeks now. You have to be able to make adjustments to injuries and not rely on one player. Rhea has made adjustments and are still doing great.

And about just having 2 defensive players... We have Caleb Price who has more tackles than most two people combined. John Finch and Newt Cagle are out to hurt you and they can do it, they are some of the most aggressive players i know. Then you have Jacob Moffett who makes plays anywhere on the field. No doubt in my mind, would he be a big D-1 prospect if he was a little bit bigger (my opinion). Swafford can hit, intercept, or score anytime during the game and be ready to get back out there and do it again. Even the players that aren't as talented have enough pride to do the best they can and that has got us to be 9-2.

I also believe that the coach's have gotten us this far. You can say what you want about them but they put the players where they should be and we win games. The players execute what they're coached to do and the fans should support us all the way. I say that to say this, fans shouldn't try coaching the team because they can't do it. We should let the coach's do what they do cuz it's working. Tomorrow is Powell, not Cleveland, Clinton, Maryville, or anyone else and that should be all that matters right now. I see us winning tomorrow and moving on. We'll all see how our predictions end up tomorrow at Eagle Stadium.

IF CLINTON WAS AT HEALTH? What about if Rhea was at health... we had one of our best players out too... and another one of our defensive linemen has been out for weeks now. You have to be able to make adjustments to injuries and not rely on one player. Rhea has made adjustments and are still doing great.

And about just having 2 defensive players... We have Caleb Price who has more tackles than most two people combined. John Finch and Newt Cagle are out to hurt you and they can do it, they are some of the most aggressive players i know. Then you have Jacob Moffett who makes plays anywhere on the field. No doubt in my mind, would he be a big D-1 prospect if he was a little bit bigger (my opinion). Swafford can hit, intercept, or score anytime during the game and be ready to get back out there and do it again. Even the players that aren't as talented have enough pride to do the best they can and that has got us to be 9-2.

I also believe that the coach's have gotten us this far. You can say what you want about them but they put the players where they should be and we win games. The players execute what they're coached to do and the fans should support us all the way. I say that to say this, fans shouldn't try coaching the team because they can't do it. We should let the coach's do what they do cuz it's working. Tomorrow is Powell, not Cleveland, Clinton, Maryville, or anyone else and that should be all that matters right now. I see us winning tomorrow and moving on. We'll all see how our predictions end up tomorrow at Eagle Stadium.

I think you forgot England and Keist. These two guys are studs.