Page vs. Giles County

timeflies

so you were close to the ref whose had a bead missing in his whistle.

Sure was. He wasn't 20-25' from me. As I said in an earlier post the Side Judge came running in "he was down" / "he was down". He glanced back at the Refree and then just let play continue to unfold.

No bean bags thrown to indicate a fumble.

Result: TD Giles.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the DL talent that makes them a great team every year. Its the coaching system. These players start by running the basic version of the offense during middle school and gradually learn more and more. In the 9th grade the freshman do not play with the varsity unless the chose to do so at the end of the season. In the 9th grade they run the same offense and defense the varsity does. This is carried over when they get to the 10th grade in the jv games. By the time the players see action on Friday nights they have the offensive and defensive formations down to a science. This is why most players have to wait till their senior year to be in the spot light, with the exception of a few juniors and occasionally sophomores.

Page gave a strong effort and has nothing to be ashamed of. They had a great season and accomplished more than most of this regions players a priveledged to achieve by not only making the playoffs, but taking out a 1 seed from an opposing region. Congratulations to Page and all they achieved this season. They stood toe to toe with Giles and Lipscomb this year. Best of luck to the Patriots in years to come!

GC runs the same system through the high school years as well, I would assume Page does as well. I agree its a process that comes with getting and keeping a good coach. DL has been very lucky to keep such a quality coach for such an extended time.

GC runs the same system through the high school years as well, I would assume Page does as well. I agree its a process that comes with getting and keeping a good coach. DL has been very lucky to keep such a quality coach for such an extended time.

I had a nephew who played at Lipscomb in the early 2000's. Got him ring in 2002.

He started playing for the "Colts" (think that's what they're called) when he was about in the 5th-6th Grade. They use the same system, teach the same fundamentals, etc. Then they all move up together through Middle School, then on to High School.

So by the time he got to be a Senior, he had been in the "system" for about 6-7 years.

Most high school programs do not have that luxury.

Lipscomb keeps Coach Mac because he is a great coach.

They also don't have to live by a pay scale that is set by a revolving county commission and/or school board.

Let" alltherash" continue to live in his dream world.

Coach Daniels knows about the call. It happens sometimes.

Page did have a great season. Considering our biggest lineman went a whopping 205lbs.

BS69...let it go.

With the final score what it was, seven points wouldn't have mattered. You get on here and cry and holler about our coaches when the third stringers continue to score a few years back and you cry when its a great game and close to the end.

What you need to do is get a play station, create an awesome page team and a bad GC team and go at it. Untill then the game will be played on the field. Unlike you I think Page has some really fine players, regardless of their size they showed great heart in both games this year.

GC middle schools do not run the same offense and defense as the high school and up until 2 years ago the freshman did not run the same as the jv and varsity. I have heard people say that they should all run the same to help the boys better prepare for the Varsity team.

I had a nephew who played at Lipscomb in the early 2000's. Got him ring in 2002.

He started playing for the "Colts" (think that's what they're called) when he was about in the 5th-6th Grade. They use the same system, teach the same fundamentals, etc. Then they all move up together through Middle School, then on to High School.

So by the time he got to be a Senior, he had been in the "system" for about 6-7 years.

They also don't have to live by a pay scale that is set by a revolving county commission and/or school board.

I dont see any reason for them to not. Please make corrections to my statement because I dont know exactly how most of this regions students are filterd into the high school. But i do know that the public schools in my area (Brentwood, Ravenwood, Cenntinial etc.) have set middle schools where the students attend before they are in high school. All of those programs are public schools and could start whatever system they have as early as the 6th grade just like DL. I dont know if they schools in this region are the same way or not because i am not located in the area of any.

Its great they can have a system like that, great for the players. The Middle school system here the players come from several smaller schools and the coaches are all volunteers with usually a school rep that works with them at some level. We are quite often at the mercy of the principal of each feeder school as to who can do what. In SH do all of the students come through the same school system or are there several feeder schools? I know bridgeforth played EA Cox at your field this year.

BS69...let it go.

With the final score what it was, seven points wouldn't have mattered. You get on here and cry and holler about our coaches when the third stringers continue to score a few years back and you cry when its a great game and close to the end.

What you need to do is get a play station, create an awesome page team and a bad GC team and go at it. Untill then the game will be played on the field. Unlike you I think Page has some really fine players, regardless of their size they showed great heart in both games this year.

Bub...what you need ...well I can't say on here. I must of really got under your skin!!

Why is it when someone says something to you in rebuttal you instantly take an immature stance that the person is whining or crying or hollering? People are going to disagree with others. You have a long way to go when it comes to respecting other people's opinions. You are the last one to lecture me on the heart of the page players since i have been around them for 16 yrs now and son was one of them....by the way...in his four years Giles never came close to winning ...Page dominated. Now do you think you can respond like a mature person or you going to continue to put out this drivel of yours?

Its great they can have a system like that, great for the players. The Middle school system here the players come from several smaller schools and the coaches are all volunteers with usually a school rep that works with them at some level. We are quite often at the mercy of the principal of each feeder school as to who can do what. In SH do all of the students come through the same school system or are there several feeder schools? I know bridgeforth played EA Cox at your field this year.

All the middle schools in Giles feed to Giles County High except for Richland-if the coaches would work together with the High school coaches they could run the same basic offenses and defenses. But each Head coach has his own idea of what each team should run.

The principals have no say as to what kind of plays the football team runs that is purely at the discretion of each head coach, he has a say in who coaches. If the middle school coaches would coordinate basic plays with the high school coaches, oh how much better would these boys be?

As far as SH is concerned, most of their players do come from Cox. SH loses a few good athletes every year when the kids move up to High School. There seems to be a few athletes each year that decide to go out of zone and attend Columbia Central. It's real easy. Just turn in the paperwork and poof it's done.

There was a Coach hired to teach at SH this year who will be the Head Coach at Cox. He didn't get here until about 2 weeks before Cox's season started, but he will be taking SH's system to Cox. Should pay dividends at some point.

The player's at Cox have got a new Coach just about every year for the last 7-8 years. The admin at Cox cares nothing about Sports. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I dont see any reason for them to not. Please make corrections to my statement because I dont know exactly how most of this regions students are filterd into the high school. But i do know that the public schools in my area (Brentwood, Ravenwood, Cenntinial etc.) have set middle schools where the students attend before they are in high school. All of those programs are public schools and could start whatever system they have as early as the 6th grade just like DL. I dont know if they schools in this region are the same way or not because i am not located in the area of any.

You are right. No reason for them not too. I would too in that situation.

The point is that kids play for "Lipscomb" from about the 5th grade on.

Coach Mac basically runs the entire football program, although he doesn't have direct coaching responsibilities for these younger kids, he does coach the coaches.

Many of the players at Lipscomb spend their whole education/athetic careers at Lipscomb.

That creates hunger and loyality for these younger kids to make it at the High School level.