Marion Co. vs Smith Co.

diehardpurple

It's time I made a predition in this game... regardless of all the hype and all the trash talk, I know deep down that both teams are very evenly matched..... I have to cheer my boys in purple on and say that Marion wins by a score of 14-13.... Good luck Warriors!.... Play hard.... execute..... and good things will continue to happen.....

Not a bad prediction if I have to say so myself.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Great job Warriors.... Keep working hard... playing hard.... and improving from week to week and good things will continue to happen!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good meeting you, PurpleGrad...hope you had a safe trip home...

Good luck to Marion the rest of the way...

Love my Owls...love my #21...it's been a good ride for all the seniors...hold those heads life...tonight starts a new life for many of you...make the most of it...

Hey QueenBee... it was a pleasure meeting you... it's always good to put a face with a name.... Keep up the good work with your kids in the concession stand.... it was one of the most efficiently run stands that I have seen.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks to everyone at Smith County for the hospitality. Good group of fans and support personnel.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> From my vantage point, I could clearly see the fire on the hill behind the visitor stands.... looked like a great place to hang out and watch a game...... The fireworks, the horn, the stadium.... all created a very nice setting for a game.....

The Owl players have nothing to be ashamed of... they played their hearts out and never gave up..... Good luck to you guys next year...

Great win for the WARRIORS.... now let's get ready for Boyd Round II...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations Marion County on a much deserved win. You made the plays when you had to make them. Good luck next week.

Congratulations Owls on a good season. I know you are a little down, but you had a good season still yet. From a fan, thanks for giving me some exciting games to watch this year, as tonight's was no diferent.

What a great night for High School Football! First, let me say I enjoyed returning to the Hole to watch a football game. There have been many changes around the stadium since the last time We traveled there. I couldn't remember the shadow people and the campfire behind the visitor stands, or the Horn and Fireworks going off after a score or between quarters. Smith Co. has a special program and it showed tonight. It was nice to meet ILHSFB tonight! Smith Co. is a class act!

Now Warriors. You never cease to amaze me. After losing your first 2 games of the season, you have made a miraculous change over the past 10 weeks! You have re inspired the Warrior Nation with your "Refuse to Lose" attitude. Since week 3, anytime you have been knocked down, you have never failed to answer the buzzer for the next quarter. It's time now to get ready for Boyd!

Again great job Warriors!

Just a quick "ditto" to every respectful comment made by fans of both teams about tonight's game. Definitely one of the cleanest, hardest hitting, no quit high school football games I've ever seen. More than a little disappointed in some of the officiating but I've gotten over it. Congrats to Marion team for a well deserved win; congrats to SC Owls for some outstanding football. One of those rare contests where both teams deserved to walk off winners........Really enjoyed the thread this week.

How did I forget this: SC definitely won the horn war......by a marathon. When that baby honks, everything else just pales to insignificence.

Very good game, really enjoyed all the bells and whistles tonight. Congrats to the WARRIORS on a much deserved win. Owls, you have nothing to hold your head down about, you came out and played right up to the last min.....very good football team you have.Enjoyed this thread this week but its time to move on to Boyd.......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One of the best atmospheres iv watched a game at. Smith, yalls facilities were outstanding. The Hole with the horn an the fireworks just set the tone early that the game was going to be a heavy weight bout. Both teams just flat out played ball tonight an I think that they left it all on the field. The rain may have played a role tonight but i would'nt know who it was in favor for. Both teams ran the ball an threw the ball effectivly, however the Owls just didnt have the speed to get to the corners as often as they tried. Marion much improved there ball handling this week, only had one turnover to Smiths 3 or 4...(should have been one more)... Not getting on that subject however.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ....

Both teams again played there hearts out. A wet ride home and a froggy voice would have been worth it even if the out come was flipped tonight... The Scrappy bunch of Warriors with their fearless leader pulled out a great win and found their selves in the Elite 8... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One of the best atmospheres iv watched a game at. Smith, yalls facilities were outstanding. The Hole with the horn an the fireworks just set the tone early that the game was going to be a heavy weight bout. Both teams just flat out played ball tonight an I think that they left it all on the field. The rain may have played a role tonight but i would'nt know who it was in favor for. Both teams ran the ball an threw the ball effectivly, however the Owls just didnt have the speed to get to the corners as often as they tried. Marion much improved there ball handling this week, only had one turnover to Smiths 3 or 4...(should have been one more)... Not getting on that subject however.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ....

Both teams again played there hearts out. A wet ride home and a froggy voice would have been worth it even if the out come was flipped tonight... The Scrappy bunch of Warriors with their fearless leader pulled out a great win and found their selves in the Elite 8... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not arguing with your post at all. But neither team had the speed to get to the outside due to the field conditions. North and South on a field like that.

As for the dual possesion, it may not have been the right call. There were several more calls tonight that were very questionable like the holding call on the converted 4th down, but that doesn't take anything away from Marion County. They made more plays tonight than SC and very much deserved the win. Good luck next week.

Not arguing with your post at all. But neither team had the speed to get to the outside due to the field conditions. North and South on a field like that.

As for the dual possesion, it may not have been the right call. There were several more calls tonight that were very questionable like the holding call on the converted 4th down, but that doesn't take anything away from Marion County. They made more plays tonight than SC and very much deserved the win. Good luck next week.

Great game by both teams. Both teams left everything on the field and the team that made the most plays and took care of the ball came away with the win. As far as the officiating goes, you can't let them determine the outcome of the game or use it as an excuse if you don't win. Good Job Warriors on not letting the interception call get you rattled.

Great game by both teams. Both teams left everything on the field and the team that made the most plays and took care of the ball came away with the win. As far as the officiating goes, you can't let them determine the outcome of the game or use it as an excuse if you don't win. Good Job Warriors on not letting the interception call get you rattled.

I apologize if you think I was offering an excuse. Marion deserved the win. No excuses here.

Congrats to my Mighty Warriors on Win tonight!!! A very hard hitting, hard fought football game for both teams but just have to say I'm glad that MIGHTY PURPLE STORM PULLED THROUGH and will be heading up to Boyd next Friday. I was very impressed with the sportsmanship of both teams. Smith Co. hold your heads up high you played a great game and never quit and left it all on the field. I was very impressed with the facilities there at Smith Co. the only negative thing I have to say is the parking left a little to be desired....lol.......otherwise a very pleasant experience. I must say I really enjoyed that horn you guys have up there.....think I might have to check in to finding me one of those..!!!!! Warriors keep up the good work, stay level headed and taking it one game at a time. I sure am looking forward to round 2 against Boyd.....keep your eye on the prize and keep working together and you'll be surprised at what the outcome could be!!!!