Marion Co. vs Smith Co.

diehardpurple

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Marion County Warriors on the win. They possess some very talented players. The game was a hard hitting slugfest and the team that made the fewest mistakes won. Both teams made play after play on both sides of the ball. Refs did control it a little at the end and were just a little inconsistant, there can be no excuses. Marion County deserved the win and I wish them luck next week in the Swamp. Should be a heck of a game with the winner getting a big reward.........ALCOA.

Smith County Owls Seniors,

What a delight and priviledge it has been for this fan to watch you guys play this game. I wish everyone of you the best and you are champs to this loyal Owl fan.

BigBoy89, enjoyed taking in a game with ya. I could teach you power poker. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BigDaddy, scofield, and King21, thanks for coming to see us and looking forward to a good district next year.

imallin, a pleasure to meet and talk with you, antwan and bigreid. Enjoyed the catfish...IT WAS GOOD! About the game, you hit the nail on the head from the style of play from both teams, mistakes, officiating...All in all couldn't have been a better game in the state. Marion County, good job and good luck. Yall have a fine ball club. SC good job on your season and we will see you all at Tom Davis Memorial Field next season!!! Goodluck on your bball season.

Congrats to Marion County. You guys are very solid team and deserved the win. I hope everyone has a safe trip home. As imallin said, I would also like to thank the Owl seniors. You guys took this very young owl squad and lead them into a pretty good football team. Much better than I thought you would be after the York game. Congratulations guys!

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

What's up my feathered friend? I hate to see y'all lose tonight. I honestly thought that you had a good chance tonight but congrats to the warriors on what must have been a great game. I listened to the last 10 minutes on the radio after ours was over. SC had there chances late but just couldn't seem to get it done. What was the controversial call late in the game on the interception or what the Marion County folks thought was interception. The radio guys didn't really make it to clear. Congrats on a great season and good luck next year. From what i've been told tonight we probably want get to face each other next year. I sure hope that was some bad information that i was getting because i always enjoy that game it's became a very good rivalry. I hope to see you down on the creekbank next week i'll save you a spot on the fence.

Thanks to all of the LA guys for coming to the game. I enjoyed meeting and talking to all of you too. Maybe we can make this a yearly

thing.

Yeah, we'd enjoy having you boys up in Livingston this time of year for some football /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> !

I did enjoy the game however /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ! Just hate it for SC..Yall will be a tough out again next year tho.

Don't have the official stats or yardage but I'll do the best I can. Both teams traded punts until late in the 1st quarter when Marion County, either #21 or #24 (don't remember) busted a run up the middle for about 50 yards down to the ten. Very next play MC ran the same play with another rb and was up 6-0. SC came right back down the field and converted a 4th and 20...by like 1 or 2 yards down inside the 5 yard line. SC punched it in next play. 7 to 6 Owls. MC wasted no time getting back on top. Less than a minute ran off the clock before #11 hit #30 on a seam route to regain the lead 12 to 7. That was a great route, throw and catch. No scoring in the 3rd quarter. About 8 minutes to go, SC QB#7 hits a qb counter for probably a little over a 35 yard TD scamper. SC 13 to 12. MC returned the kickoff to near midfield. 2 plays later, #21,I think, busts another dive up the middle for 50+ yards and a score. 18 to 13 MC. With 7 minutes left, SC turned the ball over twice but held on defense. SC got the ball on their own 20 with 2 minutes to go and drove down the field. (The controversial call was right in front of me. The side judge ruled that when SC #5 hit the ground, both players had the ball. A tie ball goes to the offense. When they were blowing the whistle, MC #16 was pulling the ball away from the SC player. That call could've went either way in my opinion. ) But the 4th and 8 conversion that got called back by holding end SC's chances.

Not making excuses....It was one heck of a game. Just trying to give an overall recap of this fans opinion of the game. One of those where you don't want to see either team lose. SC just came up on the short end of this one. Good Luck MC.

How did the scoring go can someone recap that for me!

Hope that helped. It might be a little innaccurate. #21 and #24 run the ball extremely well and due to the muddy conditions and how fast they get down the field I couldn't be totally sure of which one made either long run. Again, just trying to relay what this fan in the stands saw tonight.

All the boys played great tonight. I wanted to give kudos to # 30 for some great cathces. He really helped to put us in a good position to win. Don't mean to take anything away from anyone else. It took a team of warriors to win and everyone of them had a great game. From Offense to Defense it took a team to get this far and will take all of you again next week. Keep up the hardwork. You all made everyone of the Warrior Nation proud.