Morristown East vs Sullivan South

EASTFAN

Last year being down 21 - 0 until the boys starting playing for real wasnt any fun. Just like tonight, 14 - 0. In fact..werent we behind in ALL the playoff games last year and had to come back? Come on guys, play from START to finish. Lets get the lead first, and then hold it.

Rebels - 42

Canes - 28

I think this one will be a nail biter until the 4th when the rebs pull away.

GO REBELS!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Rebels on moving up to the 2nd round! Watch out for MoEast...they play dirty and for some reason the referees ignore the dirty play. They have one player who likes to throat punch and should you try to retaliate you get threatened by the referees with being booted out of the game or being arrested. Not to mention the referee who tried to provoke even more dirty play on the field. Guess the referee felt the need to provoke the dirty play due to MoEast's little cartoon on the jumbotron of a MoEast player jumping up and down on a referee. And yeah there were more than enough flags thrown but the referees let the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct get out control. The Canes are gonna get their butts handed to them on a platter when they visit Death Valley next Friday. The Hurricanes will be downgraded to a tropical depression when the Rebels finish with them!! Go South and Beat the Canes!!!

You came to East and played a more physical team. Period and end of story. Your guys had late hits and liked to push and shove after the play and we just took it to you and hit you in the mouth. I saw no "throat punch" or nor dirty play. Way to lose with class by whining and coming up with excuses.

South is a very good team. They were a very good team in 06' too. No one gave us a chance then including SS fans. I think it will be a better game than what the experts say and I say this one is too close to call.

You came to East and played a more physical team. Period and end of story. Your guys had late hits and liked to push and shove after the play and we just took it to you and hit you in the mouth. I saw no "throat punch" or nor dirty play. Way to lose with class by whining and coming up with excuses.

South is a very good team. They were a very good team in 06' too. No one gave us a chance then including SS fans. I think it will be a better game than what the experts say and I say this one is too close to call.

There were late hits from both teams and pushing and shoving from both teams. BOTH teams are guilty of that!! I am not whining about losing nor am I making excuses for the mistakes made by the Raiders which cost them the game. There were 2 plays in a row where a Cane player had a Raider player down on his back, sitting on top of him, and punching him in the throat!!! Period and end of story.

As for South being a very good team...you have no clue just how good South is this year but you'll find out next Friday. It'll be a blowout!! Go South beat the Canes!!!

South - 42

MoEast - 6

There were late hits from both teams and pushing and shoving from both teams. BOTH teams are guilty of that!! I am not whining about losing nor am I making excuses for the mistakes made by the Raiders which cost them the game. There were 2 plays in a row where a Cane player had a Raider player down on his back, sitting on top of him, and punching him in the throat!!! Period and end of story.

As for South being a very good team...you have no clue just how good South is this year but you'll find out next Friday. It'll be a blowout!! Go South beat the Canes!!!

South - 42

MoEast - 6

Thanks MOM. I know it was hard to see your boy get manhandled but what you are doing is uncalled for and just plain being a crybaby. East plays physical but they play clean. Ask any of our 5 rivers foes who we have played for years. To say we played dirty is trying to discredit the effort we put forth and somehow make it look as if you lost it other than on the field.

I know South is a good team and I applaud you for praising a team that handed you your overrated hind parts but so did we. We have beaten south within the last 2 years and know what it takes to do it. It is a great task that we are proud to have the chance at. Thanks for your trip to Mtown, I hope you enjoyed the facilities and all had a safe trip home. Now go get those ice packs and bake some cookies for the boys and STOP CRYING about it!!!!!

BTW, if there was a player throwing punches at a kids throat and the ref did not see it, I would ask your coach to submit the tape to the TSSAA for review. While they are at it, they can see how a pancake block gets called as a hold and brings back a TD. The refs drew a wellfare check last night(they did not earn it but got paid anyway just for showing up).

South - 42

MoEast - 6

Number 49 on North's team should be arrested for assault. If it had been my son he was punching, I WOULD HAVE been arrested. And Oh BTW, my son DID have both of his eyes gouged last night by your loving children (of the corn). And I really wish you would send a copy of the game film to the TSSAA for review. How can East have the ball outside the 3 yard line, get a "half the distance" penalty, and wind up just outside the goal line? That is just one of my issues with that overwhelmingly nice tail kicking that you wore home last night.

North is by far the LOWEST SCUM of the Earth as far as high school football and any kind of class is concerned.

and if you or anyone else from there would like to privately message me, we can discuss this just like YOUR kids did last night on the field.... with cursing, cheap shots, punches, eye gouging and last but not least, a good old fashion tail kicking for you to wear home.

I have read on here for several weeks now about how S. South and S. North doesn't like each other... NOW I know why. I am truly looking forward to playing South again... A team with class in a great football venue as is "Death Valley".

Win or lose, I would rather play South 100 times than to play that bunch of thugs from North one more time.. and one last thing... about your "Go South" mantra... has it gotten so bad that you can't cheer for your own kids? Oh I guess it has... you'll be sitting at home next Friday night watching "The Starter Wife" while we're still watching Friday Night Lights.

Go Canes !!!!

I think the canes vs the rebs will be an intersting contest. Assuming both teams come out good I would expect a good effort on both sides. High school football is so great and its about finding and exploiting mismatches and weaknesses of your opponent. Bottom line is if you have a team that can execute well in all areas of the game and a coaching staff that can read and find these weaknesses you can prevail on any given Friday night. I will give Stacey his credit his group executes very well in multiple areas and his staff adjusts very well thus far this year. I think round two of the playoffs you still always have one team in the matchup who has more cracks (the canes).....I just hope the South coaches find them quickly and exploit them to their advantage.

Good coaching and good execution should result in a south win....throw in some turn overs and mistakes and it could be closer but south should be good for a 14 to 17 point victory assuming they execute and limit mistakes.

Go Rebs and congrats to both teams for making into round 2

Number 49 on North's team should be arrested for assault. If it had been my son he was punching, I WOULD HAVE been arrested. And Oh BTW, my son DID have both of his eyes gouged last night by your loving children (of the corn). And I really wish you would send a copy of the game film to the TSSAA for review. How can East have the ball outside the 3 yard line, get a "half the distance" penalty, and wind up just outside the goal line? That is just one of my issues with that overwhelmingly nice tail kicking that you wore home last night.

North is by far the LOWEST SCUM of the Earth as far as high school football and any kind of class is concerned.

and if you or anyone else from there would like to privately message me, we can discuss this just like YOUR kids did last night on the field.... with cursing, cheap shots, punches, eye gouging and last but not least, a good old fashion tail kicking for you to wear home.

I have read on here for several weeks now about how S. South and S. North doesn't like each other... NOW I know why. I am truly looking forward to playing South again... A team with class in a great football venue as is "Death Valley".

Win or lose, I would rather play South 100 times than to play that bunch of thugs from North one more time.. and one last thing... about your "Go South" mantra... has it gotten so bad that you can't cheer for your own kids? Oh I guess it has... you'll be sitting at home next Friday night watching "The Starter Wife" while we're still watching Friday Night Lights.

Go Canes !!!!

Yes, we took a butt kicking last night, nobody is disputing that fact. Too many mistakes cost us the game. I am big enough to apologize for any "dirty play" by our players such as eye gouging. That too is wrong just as much as the throat punching is wrong and my son WAS punched in the throat. All I was doing was pointing out the dirty play and you resort to name calling as an adult which takes it to an even lower level. I lay the blame for the escalation of the "dirty play" right at the feet of the refs. They should have stopped the "dirty play" and took control of the game - simple as that, but no, they verbally encouraged the "dirty play". As a mother I apologize for any injuries done to your players because of "dirty play" by our players and I would expect the same apology from you if you're big enough to do so. I don't want to see any player get hurt...no matter who they play for! No need for any private messaging between us because as far as I'm concerned it's over and done with. I will not address the "dirty play" issue again. As far as cheering for my own kids...my kids aren't playing anymore...they're out of the playoffs... DUH! So no reason why I shouldn't cheer for another team from my city now who is still in the playoffs and will continue to move up in the playoffs after they beat MoEast which they will do. No, I won't be watching "Starter Wife"...LOL...I'll be watching "Friday Night Lights" at Death Valley on November 14th.

Thanks MOM. I know it was hard to see your boy get manhandled but what you are doing is uncalled for and just plain being a crybaby. East plays physical but they play clean. Ask any of our 5 rivers foes who we have played for years. To say we played dirty is trying to discredit the effort we put forth and somehow make it look as if you lost it other than on the field.

I know South is a good team and I applaud you for praising a team that handed you your overrated hind parts but so did we. We have beaten south within the last 2 years and know what it takes to do it. It is a great task that we are proud to have the chance at. Thanks for your trip to Mtown, I hope you enjoyed the facilities and all had a safe trip home. Now go get those ice packs and bake some cookies for the boys and STOP CRYING about it!!!!!

BTW, if there was a player throwing punches at a kids throat and the ref did not see it, I would ask your coach to submit the tape to the TSSAA for review. While they are at it, they can see how a pancake block gets called as a hold and brings back a TD. The refs drew a wellfare check last night(they did not earn it but got paid anyway just for showing up).

Good Job Canes on advancing into the second round!

and not taking anything away from you all ,you have had a great team all year and IMO i thought ya'll should have won the five creeks title over greenville, but in all due respect South is a very diff. team this year then the past 3yrs.

06, i truly believe south had more talent and just blew it,and in 07 even after a 21-0 lead by the canes before south coming back and took home the win, everyone one knew what to expect;Curts phillips to the left.....Curt Phillips to the right.......Curt phillips up to the middle!!!, unlike this year South can surprise you with the running game or after you load up the box they can just throw it right over your head, and IMO i believe that our defense is the best we've had in the past 3 years.

all in all i believe this will be able a really exciting game, and as long as south excutes just right we should win by 21

good luck to both teams /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Rebels!

I did not think Obama took office until January /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes, we took a butt kicking last night, nobody is disputing that fact. Too many mistakes cost us the game. I am big enough to apologize for any "dirty play" by our players such as eye gouging. That too is wrong just as much as the throat punching is wrong and my son WAS punched in the throat. All I was doing was pointing out the dirty play and you resort to name calling as an adult which takes it to an even lower level. I lay the blame for the escalation of the "dirty play" right at the feet of the refs. They should have stopped the "dirty play" and took control of the game - simple as that, but no, they verbally encouraged the "dirty play". As a mother I apologize for any injuries done to your players because of "dirty play" by our players and I would expect the same apology from you if you're big enough to do so. I don't want to see any player get hurt...no matter who they play for! No need for any private messaging between us because as far as I'm concerned it's over and done with. I will not address the "dirty play" issue again. As far as cheering for my own kids...my kids aren't playing anymore...they're out of the playoffs... DUH! So no reason why I shouldn't cheer for another team from my city now who is still in the playoffs and will continue to move up in the playoffs after they beat MoEast which they will do. No, I won't be watching "Starter Wife"...LOL...I'll be watching "Friday Night Lights" at Death Valley on November 14th.

I'm not going to apologize for anything. Some times you have to fight fire with fire. You came on here first talking about how we played "dirty". You get what you give and sometimes what goes around, comes around. Did you really expect for the canes to just stand there and take all that crap from your players and not do anything about it? Especially since the refs wouldn't. One of our players suffered a broken arm... as much as that bothers me, it is still part of the game BUT... seeing blood come from my son's eyes just because he was on a better team goes way beyond "dirty play" and some one, some where needs to wise up (TSSAA).... how dare you expect me to apologize.

I just thank God that you all were gone by the time he came out of the field house and I saw him...I have been personally involved with football for over 35 years and never in my life have I ever been this teed off about anything... AND YOU expect me to be a "grown up" and apologize? HA!!!

I know that this is probably one of those..." My kid would never do anything wrong" spills from you but let me ask you this... Would a team that is winning a ball game have to resort to "dirty play" or would it come from the team that was getting their tails handed to them on a silver platter?