2nd Round Millington vs Whitestation

And dou, the o-line has been fantastic not only this year but for a long time. These running backs don't know how good they have it...

Not to look past White Station, but have you heard anything about the third round yet? I have heard from a former player at Whitehaven that if Millington beats Whitestation and "IF" Whitehaven beats Germantown that the game will be held at Whitehaven. I was wondering if there was any truth in this statement? I know in recent past years the team with the best record maintained homefield advantage. Although what I hear from this guy, the years just get flipped between the schools if they make it that far again!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a #1 seed, you can host games in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. After that it is on a rotating basis-one year Region 7 will host, the next Region 8. If Millington defeats White Station, they will travel to the winner of the Whitehaven-Germantown game. If teams from the same region advance to the 3rd round, the higher seeded team will always host regardless of how the bracket is set.

I think that this year's rematch will be a much lower-scoring, closer contest than last year's Millington blowout of White Station.

I saw White Station lose to CBHS way back during week Zero. It was my view that, despite losing, W.S had a much bigger upside than did CBHS. I felt that CBHS did not have a good team at all. They just did not impress me. White Station, on the other hand...it was painfully obvious that WS was still trying to find its way, with a new Coach and totally new offense.

Fast forward to week 11. CBHS is sitting @ home. White Station has made tremendous improvement and has put together a nice win-streak. They are full of confidence & clicking on all cylinders, as they prepare to take on a tough Millington club.

At this point, this year's W.S team is actually a much better ballclub than last year's team, IMO. The key reason is that their defense is better. Sure, they can still put up the points, under their new Spread Offense; they are just much more effective @ stopping their opponents, finally.

Millington's high-powered (run) offense will pose a severe test of White Station's new-found defensive prowess.....My gut tells me that W.S will prove to be up to the challenge, and turn this game into a defensive struggle. It just won't be enough to pull out the victory, however, this year either.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Prediction: Millington 14 ---- White Station 10

(This is a revision of my ealier pick of Millington by 10 pts.)

I agree with you on the lower scoring game, because i believe that white station is playing better defense. That defensive unit last year was pretty good if i remember correctly. I know the system is different for WS this year but Major Wright had a good thing and was very effective last year and coached very well on the sideline against what the defenses gave him. Link was a great QB, Hagga was a great WR, and the RB with 1000+ yards, can't remember his name, not to mention Burton, that was a potent offensive unit last year, Big play capabilities all over the field. That is a tough offense to be better than, WS has scored points all year but better, i don't know, i will just say different. So maybe as a team they are better including defense but that sure was a good WS team last year. Millington will have to play its best just like last year in order to win this one. It is great that WS won big last week because it completely eliminates the chance of millington players looking past WS. Defense will be the key for both sides in this game. WS will have to scheme to stop the run but not forget about the pass which has been big all year when used by Millington and Millington will have to stop the pass and not forget about the runs. Both teams will need their key players to have big games, Burton and Holmes.

I have no idea what the score will be i just hope millington pulls out the win, hard to believe 24 total points in this one, if i had to guess a close game would be more like 35-31.

All of the Millington fans that post on here, please e-mail me at markhealy@xipline.com. I would like to know who you are plus I have something that you might be interested in.

As far as the game goes, it won't be a repeat of last year's game unless there are a lot of turnovers. If you are Millington, you have to know where Julian Burton (#4) is at all times and account for him. He is a difference maker. You also have to keep White Station guessing to what you are going to do on offense. If the defense continues to do what they have been doing, it could be a long night for the Spartans.

As far as WS goes, they have to make Millington drive the entire length of the field on their drives and not give up any big plays. Big plays killed the Spartans last year and although this is a completely different coaching staff, some of the players were on the field for that game. If the Trojans got off to a fast start, I am not sure how they would react.

I am going to say 24-14 Millington.

mark its doug but i will email you

I really like what Millington has been doing all season long. I really never thought White Station would have a good record this year with new coaching staff, got to give credit to the defensive cordinator former memphis tiger Albert Means . I like Millington in this game because it's at home and holmes to have a good game running the football. But Goodluck to both teams.

Im Happy to see A Millington Back Is a Finalist for Mr. Football Back Of The Year.I Hope Holmes Wins it !

GO TROJANS

Great honor for Holmes to be a finalist for 5A back of the year. Should have had a finalist last year (Simpson). I hope the voters do there research before just voting for a player in their area an look at the accomplishments of the player throughout the year. It always seams that the middle part of the state have the attention of the voters and the West TN kids usually get overlooked, hopefully not this year.

I really like what Millington has been doing all season long. I really never thought White Station would have a good record this year with new coaching staff, got to give credit to the defensive cordinator former memphis tiger Albert Means . I like Millington in this game because it's at home and holmes to have a good game running the football. But Goodluck to both teams.

Is Albert Means the D cordinator or just a position coach? i did not realize he was on the staff.

I have to ask, Where is kwc???????

I have not seen him chime in yet this week and why has he not started a Gtown Whitehaven thread???????

It seams mostly Millington fans on this thread with the lone appearance by Spartanfan. I know there are more Whitestation fans out there, Where is the spirit? I like the Millington fans but i want to here from the Spartans and what is going on with their team this week and what they expect when they come to Millington friday.

Two days of prepararion down and no rain so hopefully one more practice day without rain. What happens if it is raining friday night? Does the edge go to the running team or will a sloppy field benefit the passing team???????

Did Marino, WS QB, play in the game last year against Millington? How will Millington play the short passing game and screens of WS? Will WS play man coverage on every eligible receiver on the field like other games? Will WS run game be effective enough to keep the pressure of the QB in the passing game? Will Millington use the passing game more with so much man coverage? Turnovers??? Kicking Game???

So Many questions, Any Answers??????

I have to ask, Where is kwc???????

I have not seen him chime in yet this week and why has he not started a Gtown Whitehaven thread???????

It seams mostly Millington fans on this thread with the lone appearance by Spartanfan. I know there are more Whitestation fans out there, Where is the spirit? I like the Millington fans but i want to here from the Spartans and what is going on with their team this week and what they expect when they come to Millington friday.

Two days of prepararion down and no rain so hopefully one more practice day without rain. What happens if it is raining friday night? Does the edge go to the running team or will a sloppy field benefit the passing team???????

Did Marino, WS QB, play in the game last year against Millington? How will Millington play the short passing game and screens of WS? Will WS play man coverage on every eligible receiver on the field like other games? Will WS run game be effective enough to keep the pressure of the QB in the passing game? Will Millington use the passing game more with so much man coverage? Turnovers??? Kicking Game???

So Many questions, Any Answers??????

I've never seen many Spartans fans on Coach T, not sure why. I try to avoid posting too much, simply because my knowledge is pretty limited. For example, I know Coach Means runs our defense and calls the plays for them on the sidelines. He's the Defensive Coordinator. He has a couple of position coaches that work with him.

Marino was on the team last year, but didn't play. Our offense is pretty balanced. I suppose our focus is to take what the opponents D will give us. Sometimes we score by big plays, but other times we are able to sustain drives.

I think it goes without saying that we will be looking to stop Millingtons running game as a high priority. But that doesn't mean we can overlook the passing game.

As you can see, most of this is simple common sense stuff, and I don't have any 'inside' info. My opinion on who wins the game is also pretty basic. If we don't get hit with the turnover bug, and don't shoot ourselves in the foot with untimely penalties, then I think we can compete. I'm hoping the turf is in good shape, and that both teams bring their "A" games. It should be an entertaining evening. I understand why most people favor Millington to win. But that doesn't diminish our enthusiasm or confidence.

I'm wondering where kwc has been also. Maybe he's too worried about Whitehaven/G'town to get on here and post about it? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Unfortunately I have not been able to attend as many games this year as I normally do but I was there for the Collierville game last week. I was really impressed by the Trojan defense. They will need another good showing for the White Station game but I am sure they are up for the challenge. It should be a great game!!

Millington 24

White Station 14