Westview at Milan

Guest nwtnsports

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

Not sure if overrated is the right word or not, but I believe Milan fans will agree that this team is no where close to the teams of 98,99, or 03. I am not trying to take anything away from a very good Milan team. Honestly, I hope they can make it to Murfreesboro and win it all.

Right now the level of football in West Tn is not where it was a few years ago.

Just because it's not the same usual faces in the playoffs doesn't mean that "West TN Football" is down! Once again, you people need to travel outside of your "liitle world" before you make generalized blanket statements. It's the quarterfinals this week and JCS(7-5), Milan(12-0), McKenzie (10-2), Lake Co.(8-4), Dyersburg (10-2), and Henry Co. (12-0)all have game Friday! That's 6 different communities! Just because your favorite team is out, doesn't mean that the entire area is weak! Contrary to popular belief, the TSSAA will still have playoff games without USJ, Westview and Huntingdon!! Wake up Stangnut! Go watch a game tomorrow night that's outside of Carroll County!!

And it wasn't the weather that affected Milan. It was Westview that affected Milan. I been around high school football for 17 years and last night I saw Westview play a COMPLETE game.

The turnovers were not "give me" turnovers. They were earned take-a-ways.

And Hyuntae could have made a 48 yarder. I have faith in him.

Don't water-down what happened on that field last night because the results weren't what most thought they should be. Wonderfully fought game. Both teams worked hard last night. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I was not trying to water it down. The field was wet. I was still raining, and he would have been kicking into a gusting wind. I saw his leg. It is strong, but come on man, there is no way way he makes that one. Matter of fact earlier in the game you guys had a 4th down in the red zone with the wind at his back, and the coach went for it. Also 2 of those turnovers were give me's. Sorry. We had a muffed punt. No one touched our return man, he just dropped the ball. You scored a touchdown on that turnover with a short field. One of the ints was a batted ball. Maybe not quite a give me, but a fluke none the less. Westview played a great game. They are a great program, but man come on. 2 weeks earlier on the same field we beat them 45-7. Do you really think that you improved that much in 2 weeks? That's not a slap, it's just the way it is.

Not sure if overrated is the right word or not, but I believe Milan fans will agree that this team is no where close to the teams of 98,99, or 03. I am not trying to take anything away from a very good Milan team. Honestly, I hope they can make it to Murfreesboro and win it all.

Right now the level of football in West Tn is not where it was a few years ago.

Wow. I agree with a Mustang fan. Lol At one time, I thought this team had a shot at being compared to the '99 team. They are very talented, but for some reason they don't put a total game together night in and night out. This is still a very very good team, and the potential is there. I honestly think that their best game is ahead of them. At least I hope so. We will need it from here on out.

90 pounds? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You could have been a little more reasonable and said 190 lbs! But this is my first comment since the game and all I have to say is congratulations on a good season Westview and congrats to the seniors on good careers, I look forward to more out of the underclassmen next year! Way to compete in a game everyone felt you had no shot in! Milan....keep winning and bring that gold ball back to the west! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you

Just because it's not the same usual faces in the playoffs doesn't mean that "West TN Football" is down! Once again, you people need to travel outside of your "liitle world" before you make generalized blanket statements. It's the quarterfinals this week and JCS(7-5), Milan(12-0), McKenzie (10-2), Lake Co.(8-4), Dyersburg (10-2), and Henry Co. (12-0)all have game Friday! That's 6 different communities! Just because your favorite team is out, doesn't mean that the entire area is weak! Contrary to popular belief, the TSSAA will still have playoff games without USJ, Westview and Huntingdon!! Wake up Stangnut! Go watch a game tomorrow night that's outside of Carroll County!!

I believe in another thread you told me to stick to 2A. That is what this guy is talking about. 2A football in West Tn is down from where it was a few years ago. Who would have thought you would have to specify that you are talking about 2A on a 2A board? This guy is just looking to argue with people.