Bulldog Basketball

bulldog2000

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right in that they need him to step up, but you don't have to worry about him passing up shots! If he is anywhere close to being open, he will shoot it! The thing they don't need is him coming down the court and throwing up a shot before the ball has even touched anyone else's hands. When he drives he NEVER sets anyone else up for a shot. It is either he shoots it or nothing. His job as a point is to set up other people. It would be nice to see him drop it off to Andrews, Hill or Berrry or kick it out sometimes to Ward, Hughes or Robertson. I think if he concentrated on this he would always be in the game.

i agree that he needs to create more shots for everybody else. all PGs need to be able to do that and he will get better at that. and as a sophmore, i believe the PG position is the hardest position to play. there are so many things that you have to be able to do as a PG and he has done very well his first 2 games. but i just think when you attempt 5 or 6 shots (if that many) in 2 games, you are not shooting that much...

What exactly do you mean by this statement? Hughes has tried to create some offense this year and has tried hard and made a few mistakes along the way. Ward has not even attempted a 3pt shot this year that I can remember. As far as being "far" from the best, I guess you just have not seen them play that much. I'm not saying they are the best but as far as sophomores go they are definately the best 2 in Carter Co and should be mentioned with a few others in who is the best in Upper East Tn. The others to be mentioned as far as Upper East Tn IMO are....... Logan Lyle(Unicoi), Jordan Cross(S. East), Kevin Connell(D. Boone), Jason Steele(Johnson Co), Ryan Mitchell(S. Hill) to go with Dylan Ward and Nathaniel Hughes(both from Hampton). Some others on the radar would be Matthew Potter(Cloudland), Zach Garland(Crockett), and Devyn Chambers(Unaka). There could be some others I have missed or forgotten!

I guess it could be the way you look at it, I watched them for about 3 years now and know just about every one on the team.

I said they are GOOD, but in my eyes to be great or the best as put, it involves team play. For instance if a player scores 40 points and his team scores 50 total but then the team that they are playing scores as a team 60 or 70 points (as a good TEAM can do), then it hurts the team of the player that score his points.

And you said ward had not shot any three pointers, thats true but sometimes, well alot of times he will go in like a wild man and miss the rim instead of looking for wide open players. Hughes is the same way.

Ward and hughes didn't look for anybody but thereselves last year and the games this year up to the championship game against Chuckey Doak. BUT In that game they did alot better looking for open players and played more as a TEAM.

Like I said the Bulldogs look very good regardless.

He's never been close to a tremendous coach. His style is to coach by intimidation and fear which just doesn't work with today's kids. Even in his prime he was a below average coach so I expect little from Hampton basketball until they find someone who can motivate, instruct, and coach the Xs and Os.

exactly All he concentrates on is Ward and Hughes he dosent even care about any of the other players. I have about 5 guys on the team that are close to quitting because there not getting any playing time from this guy. But the thing is they cant quit because coach whites going to make them pay for there shoes that they have already paid for. He dosent realize real talent when its in front of him. All you guys saying ward and hughes are best in the state or carter county you are madly wrong.

If coach white would learn how to use his other players then he might be successful.

He cannot keep doing this why did hampton even hire a half blind man hes going to be hitting the rocker soon. we need young fresh coaching in the hampton system and we need to get rid of Mike matheson and coach white until this happens hampton will only be second best.

exactly All he concentrates on is Ward and Hughes he dosent even care about any of the other players. I have about 5 guys on the team that are close to quitting because there not getting any playing time from this guy. But the thing is they cant quit because coach whites going to make them pay for there shoes that they have already paid for. He dosent realize real talent when its in front of him. All you guys saying ward and hughes are best in the state or carter county you are madly wrong.

If coach white would learn how to use his other players then he might be successful.

He cannot keep doing this why did hampton even hire a half blind man hes going to be hitting the rocker soon. we need young fresh coaching in the hampton system and we need to get rid of Mike matheson and coach white until this happens hampton will only be second best.

Disappointing...you call yourself "formerdogg" yet you get on here and bash the coaches...I was proud to have played for Coach White and would do so again...if the body were able...just who would you like to see on the bench...and...what players should he play that he is not playing right now...I can't wait to read this...

exactly All he concentrates on is Ward and Hughes he dosent even care about any of the other players. I have about 5 guys on the team that are close to quitting because there not getting any playing time from this guy.

i am just gonna assume you are joking with your posts because the best players are playing. that is very clear. it just so happens that the best players are 2 seniors and 5 sophmores. everybody can see the potential that this team has for the next 3 years. why is it killing you to see them do good and have so much potential?

All you guys saying ward and hughes are best in the state or carter county you are madly wrong.

what are your facts to back up this statement? they dominated all the teams in the area last year on the freshmen team. so please find me 2 better sophmores in carter co. they are the 2 leading scorers on a 4-1 team that has beaten a 3A team and two 2A teams. that is purty impressive...

ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE SAYING THIS!

You guys are tough. You don't want Coach White and now you dont want Coach Matheson. Just who exactly do you want??? Of course I hear the same bull from some of the girl parents about Coach Tolley. They want someone THEY can control and tell what to do and they cannot do that with him. Is that what you want coaching the boys? a puppet you can tell who to play and when to play them. Go back to coaching youth club or church league.

Unfortuately, I had to play against Coach White's teams back when. If you think the man doesn't know talent, you don't know basketball. Coach White never fielded a team unless he had the best players on the floor. (beat the crap out of us more than once) One thing I gaurentee you though; you will earn your playing time in practice and with your attitude.