Cascade vs. McEwen

FridayMainEvent

Playoff Winner  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff Winner

May be I spoke too fast for y'all. Since you don't understand simple english.

By saying they wear #33 out till he can't go anymore, i was saying that the McEwen

coaches run him to death til he can't hardly get up anymore.

Also, the last time i heard, Tummins with 157 yards and 3 tds don't mean a thing

when the other team doubles the score on you. I think i speak for every team that has ever played

against McEwen when I say I don't care what he gets, as long as we get a little more.

McEwen is one dimentional & Cascade will show ya Friday night.

That was ten weeks ago, you need to get yourself up to date . If you want to look back the teams that ya'll only won by 1 or 3 points the Boy's from mactown ran all over them. This is going to be a good game and the score is going to be close.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to everyone I can't pick this game yet it makes my heart hurt because I love both of these teams. I haven't picked it on the big one contest either. I hope that everyone has an injury free practice this week. I think that it is supposed to rain alot this week.

Yes, rain is in the forecast for most of the week. It rained when Cascade and McEwen played during the regular season and I think it affected the outcome of the game. That being said, I think the wet field will favor McEwen's running game because the offence usually has the advantage when the field is wet. The guy with the ball usually knows there he is going but the defensive guy has to stop, start and cut depending on where the ball carrier goes. Also, a wet ball will cripple the Cascade passing game which has improved a lot since the first matchup with McEwen.

Yes, rain is in the forecast for most of the week. It rained when Cascade and McEwen played during the regular season and I think it affected the outcome of the game. That being said, I think the wet field will favor McEwen's running game because the offence usually has the advantage when the field is wet. The guy with the ball usually knows there he is going but the defensive guy has to stop, start and cut depending on where the ball carrier goes. Also, a wet ball will cripple the Cascade passing game which has improved a lot since the first matchup with McEwen.

I normally agree with you, Boxman, but I think a messy field hurts McEwen more. I know last week, Jacob fell more than once because of poor footing on our soggy field. He has a similar running style to Tummins. Both are excellent at making quick cuts and accelerating rapidly. I think that is what makes Tummins so dangerous. Once he picks a running lane, he hits it so fast, defenses are typically late reacting. He can break tackles, don't get me wrong, but it's that quick first step after a cut that makes him so dangerous in my opinion. A wet field negates that. I fully expect us to shadow Tummins everywhere he goes, so there should never be a lack of tacklers in his vicinity. The inability to make quick cuts will hurt him more than anyone I believe. Henderson and Carter are more of a power runner type and will not feel the effects of a poor playing surface as badly. We'll see if I'm correct Friday. With rain in the forecast for the entire week, that field will be a mess come Friday. That is about the only thing I can gaurantee this coming week.

I normally agree with you, Boxman, but I think a messy field hurts McEwen more. I know last week, Jacob fell more than once because of poor footing on our soggy field. He has a similar running style to Tummins. Both are excellent at making quick cuts and accelerating rapidly. I think that is what makes Tummins so dangerous. Once he picks a running lane, he hits it so fast, defenses are typically late reacting. He can break tackles, don't get me wrong, but it's that quick first step after a cut that makes him so dangerous in my opinion. A wet field negates that. I fully expect us to shadow Tummins everywhere he goes, so there should never be a lack of tacklers in his vicinity. The inability to make quick cuts will hurt him more than anyone I believe. Henderson and Carter are more of a power runner type and will not feel the effects of a poor playing surface as badly. We'll see if I'm correct Friday. With rain in the forecast for the entire week, that field will be a mess come Friday. That is about the only thing I can gaurantee this coming week.

That is the only guarantee that is going to happen friday night. And both teams are going to show up to play. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

That is the only guarantee that is going to happen friday night. And both teams are going to show up to play. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

One other thing you can gaurantee is Otis and myself are gonna box them ears in when we see you Friday night......

One other thing you can gaurantee is Otis and myself are gonna box them ears in when we see you Friday night......

That will be fine, you may know that I will have back up with me and my little buddy too. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are ya'll going to be cooking some pony burgers up before the game. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

That will be fine, you may know that I will have back up with me and my little buddy too. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are ya'll going to be cooking some pony burgers up before the game. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Naa.......We did the tail-gate thing one time last year before a game and it was the only game we loss, so we decided to scrap that idea.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Naa.......We did the tail-gate thing one time last year before a game and it was the only game we loss, so we decided to scrap that idea.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Come on I'm just a little old poor boy. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I'm having to pick up cans just to get to the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will even pull the grill up there if needed so the you want need to load yours up.

I will also have it fired up.

Now you can't let that stop you just because you came up against a far superior team. You don't have to go and get all superstitous on us. (I however have gotten rid of everything that I was wearing this year's week nine and plan never to eat at the Springfield O'Charley's again) /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />