David Lipscomb vs. Lexington

Alleycat

I knew Dr. Cates when we were kids growing up in South Nashville. Got to hook up with him not at the football but later in a basketball game at Lipscomb. We invite you to come over at any time to watch the Mustangs play. Love to have more of your teammates to come as well.

That family has always been good to our community and wilson has been one of my friends for a long time. His Grandmother passed away here not long ago. LA lost alot when Cates graduated he was probably one of the best players to ever go there. Not only in Football but in Basketball as well. I would like to come watch yall sometime. I think this week tho im going down to Smith count to watch them play Marion Co. That should be a good game.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the Princeton football website, through 8 games he is in 3rd place on the tackle charts for them with 54 tackles.

His performance at the 05 Blue Cross Bowl was one of the best I have ever seen from a high school player. Pound for pound, it may be the best.

LEADERS GP Solo Ast Total TFL-Yds No-Yds Int-Yds BU PD Qbh Rcv-Yds FF Kick Saf

51 Cody, Steven 8 22 52 74 5.5 - 19 2.0 - 12 . 1 1 2 . . . .

43 Britton, Scott 8 18 51 69 4.5 - 20 3.0 - 17 . . . . . 1 . .

17 Cates, Wilson 8 31 23 54 3.0 - 8 . 1 - 25 1 2 . . . .

You mean yall won only 28-13 and he was complaining about yall scoring at the end of the game? OMG! The drubbings they put on people and then complain about that. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Our one gold ball is doing just fine and i can promise you there is no dust on it lol. That season is still talked about alot up here it was our first ever in football and it happened the first year in a new region which i can say thank God were moving out of. Coach E as we all call him told the team at the start of the season that he would be resigning at the end of the year so him leaving was no shock to anyone everyone knew he was done when the season was. The playes that year were bound and determined that they wernt going to let him retire without that ball. As for the TD at the end of the game that was the players choice and coach E let us, and the score wasnt that high if yall could have recoved a fumble or something it could have been tied up the final was only 28-13. What has happened to us is the factor we lost about all of our tallent for a couple years after we graduated. We are getting back up there and are improving slowly but surely scores dont always show the way a game really went. Most were really close this year till the 4th quarter and then our defence is wore out. We do need major improvement on our offence tho. It also hasnt help that we have had a new head coach every year also. We are keeping Coach Lamb tho for a long time I hope he is a good coach. Plus the factor we play in probably the hardest region in the state. We have alot of middle school students that are moving up this next fall that have played together for years and have won the middle school title several years so we should be fairly decent next year. By the way i knew yall won State last year i was there and yes i supported yall lol. I was just enjoying the factor that we got the gold that year and yall have that silver ball which could be a good thing it makes it an even two on each side of your gold. Hope the MUSTANGS the best of Luck friday and if yall go back to state i may come watch again

You mean yall won only 28-13 and he was complaining about yall scoring at the end of the game? OMG! The drubbings they put on people and then complain about that. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Is Lexington in Tennessee? If so I didnt realize that. I always thought it was in Kentucky

That family has always been good to our community and wilson has been one of my friends for a long time. His Grandmother passed away here not long ago. LA lost alot when Cates graduated he was probably one of the best players to ever go there. Not only in Football but in Basketball as well. I would like to come watch yall sometime. I think this week tho im going down to Smith count to watch them play Marion Co. That should be a good game.

You are right WC was da bomb!! Go Wildcats! Win another state champinship!!!

Also i was wondering wear austin rodgers might go to school. I heard he was goin to UT but with flumer leavin i wondered if he changed his mind

No complaining here. The game was over. Lipscomb had no timeouts, LA only had to take a knee to run out the clock. Why score and then have to kick off. Could have been a kickoff return for a TD, then a recovered on-side kick and a hail mary pass for another TD could have tied the score and then overtime.

Why not finish the game in the victory formation? Unlike some schools out there past and present, Lipscomb takes the knee.

No complaining here. The game was over. Lipscomb had no timeouts, LA only had to take a knee to run out the clock. Why score and then have to kick off. Could have been a kickoff return for a TD, then a recovered on-side kick and a hail mary pass for another TD could have tied the score and then overtime.

Why not finish the game in the victory formation? Unlike some schools out there past and present, Lipscomb takes the knee.

Why take a knee when you can score the 6? You know if you didnt want us to score, alls you had to do was tackle us

If I were the coach I probably would have took a knee to run out the clock, but thats just me. The risk vs reward would not have been worth it to me.

DL 42, Lexington 7. I am still trying to figure out how Page beat Jackson South Side. Where's Pageman when we need him?

I am not sure if Pageman does football anymore...but he is the MAN on volleyball stats

As far as Page beating Southside, if you look at the thread in regard to the game, You will see that Southside fans proclaimed to have 22 studs that would run all over the Patriots. Obviously they did not show up. Page won and it was NOT a fluke

The Guru likes DL by 24

That's a good 1st Half prediction. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

then...............

"Bus Driver! Start that bus!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />