Kingston vs AE Round 2

Turtle

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special teams will be huge in this one, and the stronger running game on what looks to be a wet field will prevail.

Kingston 14

AE 12

Good luck to both teams. Should be one of the best 2nd round games in the state.

RCHS (are they still Roane County High School?) 18

AEHS 24

I'm a '73 Alumnus of RCHS and hope through wishful thinking they can pull this one out.

Kingston pulls out a close one. AE is overconfident after running up the score on a region 1 team. Kingston is a better team, better coached, and more disiplined. That counts for a lot in the playoffs. Go Jackets!!!

You just don't know who you're talking about.. AE is not overconfident with the victory last week. Secondly, they usually win their 1st round game with a blowout. Thirdly, if Kingston was a better team, better coached, and more disciplined, why didn't they win the regular season game? I've talked to one of the players who play for the yellowjackets and he said himself, "they got tired and the coaching staff lost the last game!" With that said, why would a player from Kingston say that about their own team? Actually, he said that about the Catholic game so.. What are you trying to say Mav? Oh I know, you just don't won't to face AE again because they're going to put those numbers up against you all..

Even though Kingston is more deserving (then again, who am i to judge), AE takes this in a close game.

AE-17

KHS-14

Not to say AE isn't deserving, but the Kingston team this year is a once in a school history kind of team. They've come a long way and every game they lose has been extremely close

Also, (and Turtle, this is just my opinion) AE doesn't show much class. Doesn't mean they don't have a good football team, but they need to win with some class.

LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH CLASS AE SHOWS- They threw bottles, trash, and eggs at the Kingston Team while they were walking to their buses 2 weeks ago. They were throwing verbal insults right along with all the junk they were throwing. From what I hear it continued after the team was loaded up on the buses. They also bombarded the Kingston Band buses with eggs. Looks like AE can neither win or lose with any class. AE DOESN'T DESERVE TO WIN. They need to learn how to act. GO KINGSTON...It's your time- and what a deserving group of kids.

LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH CLASS AE SHOWS- They threw bottles, trash, and eggs at the Kingston Team while they were walking to their buses 2 weeks ago. They were throwing verbal insults right along with all the junk they were throwing. From what I hear it continued after the team was loaded up on the buses. They also bombarded the Kingston Band buses with eggs. Looks like AE can neither win or lose with any class. AE DOESN'T DESERVE TO WIN. They need to learn how to act. GO KINGSTON...It's your time- and what a deserving group of kids.

Come on Turtle.... Defend your turf! Tell us the logical reason for why they misunderstood the traditional post-game "love-thy-neighbor egg toss". Tell us how all the verbal communicating was misunderstood as an insult. Surely all they were doing was expressing their urban style of desire for a rematch in the playoffs and a safe trip home.

Dear Kingston fans from the dairy friendly countryside... You are suppose to be gracious parking-lot-paying visitors at Austin East who leave the field in shame when you lose. It is part of the "rub your nose in it " sportsmanship that comes with the territory of losing at AE. Whether it's during pre-game warm-ups or post game celebrations...Tradition says that you need to be reminded that they are better than you and especially when you leave the stadium. You're suppose to be the bigger person, turn the other cheek, and just smile at them when they raise their finger reminding you they're #1. Be an optimist and remember "When life hands you an egg... make an Omelet?" /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You just don't know who you're talking about.. AE is not overconfident with the victory last week. Secondly, they usually win their 1st round game with a blowout. Thirdly, if Kingston was a better team, better coached, and more disciplined, why didn't they win the regular season game? I've talked to one of the players who play for the yellowjackets and he said himself, "they got tired and the coaching staff lost the last game!" With that said, why would a player from Kingston say that about their own team? Actually, he said that about the Catholic game so.. What are you trying to say Mav? Oh I know, you just don't won't to face AE again because they're going to put those numbers up against you all..

Its not a matter of not wanting to face AE again, bring them on. Obviously you didn't see the game they played against us. Is that because it was a road game and you couldn't watch it from the fence on the hill? Listen the only reason I want Kingston to win is that AC would get a home game in round 3. Nobody in this region is scared of AE, nobody. By the way its nice to see its still a "classy" place to visit, throwing stuff at the team bus. GO JACKETS!!!

AE would be putting those numbers up against AC...if not for the fact AE will be playing catholic in round three

Let me ask you a question!!!! Why in the world are you bringing up what happen outside the stadium? Are you going to label the FOOTBALL with no class because of what happen to you outside the fence? Come on mane! Get with the program. That's just plain stupid. Talk abotu the football team not the fans!!! and There's a lot of schools that treat AE players,fans, and band members that way.. They don't get on here and cry!! Gosh... I thought you were talking about the football team.