Post Season Honors

DonCChatt

Of course that is the obvious answer, math. But, it is not the correct answer. Let's see, Oak Ridge has more students than Father Ryan so they should get 10 "all region" named. Or there 2000 AAA schools and only 200 DII, so they get more named. IT SHOULD BE ABOUT ABILITY, NOT NUMBERS. If Oak Ridge has the top 22 players in the state, give it to all of them. If they have none, ZERO. That IS NOT how it is done. If your team had 5 girls who score 20 goals each, and you are allow 4 picks, one gets left out. Someone please explain that for me.

I think it is hard to compare at the district/regional level. I doubt there is any specific criteria as to the number of individuals that get honored. Region 2 in AAA apparently likes to honor a large number, and Oak Ridge was a large beneficiary this year. D2 East has only 3 teams (Baylor, GPS, and Knox-Webb), yet named 21 people to their list. Knox Web, with a pretty poor overall record (4-7-1 per CoachT) still named 6 people. Baylor, with a 17-1-1, named 8, and GPS named 7.

The All-State lists (last year) named 51 at the AAA level, 42 at the A/AA level, and 31 at the D2 level. I have no idea how they got those numbers, or even if they are proportionally correct or not.

For me, it is up to the teams/individuals to decide if the lists are too diluted or not. I would also be remit if I didn't mention that there will always be individuals who get included in these lists whose contribution (this year) might not warrent inclusion, and there will certainly be individuals who should get acknowledged but are left off the list.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happens with Oak Ridge, shouldn't have anything to so with Father Ryan as far as Regions are concerned. But regardless of region, either a. you're not old enough to understand politics, or b. if you're old enough and don't understand it, you probably never will

I knew all this "hugg'n and kiss'n " would last for long

I think it is hard to compare at the district/regional level. I doubt there is any specific criteria as to the number of individuals that get honored. Region 2 in AAA apparently likes to honor a large number, and Oak Ridge was a large beneficiary this year. D2 East has only 3 teams (Baylor, GPS, and Knox-Webb), yet named 21 people to their list. Knox Web, with a pretty poor overall record (4-7-1 per CoachT) still named 6 people. Baylor, with a 17-1-1, named 8, and GPS named 7.

The All-State lists (last year) named 51 at the AAA level, 42 at the A/AA level, and 31 at the D2 level. I have no idea how they got those numbers, or even if they are proportionally correct or not.

For me, it is up to the teams/individuals to decide if the lists are too diluted or not. I would also be remit if I didn't mention that there will always be individuals who get included in these lists whose contribution (this year) might not warrent inclusion, and there will certainly be individuals who should get acknowledged but are left off the list.

DonC...I think your analysis is spot on. Another reason you can't leave the board!

or at the most 22 All-State Players

to the point of being redundant, that is like saying there is a tie. Everybody that played soccer this year wins.

Now, if you were going to play the state of, say Texas or Florida or California, what 11 players would you take.

These are the 11 players that should be up on the shelf. The more you expand it, the more you are listing regional teams. (these are the top 11, now wait 15, hold on, 24, just a second please 34, that is final, oh wait 44 players in the state...how many players are there on the field ?)

to the point of being redundant, that is like saying there is a tie. Everybody that played soccer this year wins.

Now, if you were going to play the state of, say Texas or Florida or California, what 11 players would you take.

These are the 11 players that should be up on the shelf. The more you expand it, the more you are listing regional teams. (these are the top 11, now wait 15, hold on, 24, just a second please 34, that is final, oh wait 44 players in the state...how many players are there on the field ?)

i was just saying 22 because you get to roster 22 for state. i think it is to many as well. i would say 15 at most personally (but to make the big number people happy 22). if you take 11 to play TX or any game for that matter would be mad.

i was just saying 22 because you get to roster 22 for state. i think it is to many as well. i would say 15 at most personally (but to make the big number people happy 22). if you take 11 to play TX or any game for that matter would be mad.

Yep, ya certainly know where you stand though. If you are on this list, you are fit, you will play through pain, and they would have to tear you off the field. That's who I want on that team and that is who belong on the All-State list.

Otherwise, it's a popularity contest. Those lists are good for parades and pageants.

Last year, All-State came out on January 9th, so we've probably got 2 months to wait. The district/regional/county/etc. will come out much sooner.

Lets see the boys Tennessee Coaches All State didn't come out until November of this year, 7 months after the season and three months into the girls season. Don't count on January.

• 3 weeks later...

As teams name their post season honors, districts theirs, etc, please post information here....

Tennessee High School Soccer Coaches Association

Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association

2008 AAA All-State Team

Forwards

Emily Bowen-Brentwood-12

Lucy Brient-Franklin-12

Lauren Froelich-Germantown-12

Anna Grigg-Franklin-11

Tori Head- Dobyns-Bennett-12

Olivia Herron-Gallatin-12

Rachel Johnson-Oak Ridge-12

Emily Jones- Cleveland-11

Ali Plieman- Houston-12

Amy Porter- Bearden- 12

Becca Smith-Riverdale-12

Kelsey Swann-Soddy Daisy-12

Kerbi Towry-Siegel-11

Samantha Turner-Bearden-10

Kayla VanES-Hendersonville-12

Midfielders

Kate Clark-Dobyns-Bennett-11

Kim Conrad-Siegel-12

Allysa Dresen-Farragut-12

Ali Eisnaugle-Independence-12

Kelsey Forsythe-Arlington-12

Olivia Harrison-Germantown Houston-9

Kaitlynn Heileman-Franklin-12

Ashley Howarth-Bearden-11

Greta Jochman-Oak Ridge-11

Steffi King-Houston-12

Hannah McGowen-Riverdale-12

Alexis Pugh-Collierville-11

Haley Sloan-Siegel-12

Alex Stevenson-Cleveland-12

Morgan Zigelsky-Franklin-11

Defenders

Sara Ashley-Soddy Daisy-12

Tessa Batchelor-Bearden-12

Briana Holmes-Oak Ridge-10

Mindy Hopkins-Farragut-12

Brianna Jezek-Ravenwood-12

Clare Lanter-Soddy Daisy-12

Gwen Lawson-Oak Ridge-12

Stacia Lee-Beech-12

Kristen Leng-Greeneville-12

Brandi Phillips-Siegel-12

Hannah Phillips-Brentwood-12

Kelsey Plummer-Hendersonville-11

Emily Rothwell-Collierville-12

Dana Schwartz-Brentwood-12

Alex Stradford-Arlington-9

Goal Keepers

Megan Buzzeo-Farragut-12

Sydney Dewberry-Siegel-12

Sophia Epps-Rossview-12

Lauren Fritts-Oak Ridge-12

Chelsea Jackson-Tullahoma-12

Savannah Shipman-Brentwood-11

Tennessee High School Soccer Coaches Association

Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association

2008 AAA All-State Team

Forwards

Emily Bowen-Brentwood-12

Lucy Brient-Franklin-12

Lauren Froelich-Germantown-12

Anna Grigg-Franklin-11

Tori Head- Dobyns-Bennett-12

Olivia Herron-Gallatin-12

Rachel Johnson-Oak Ridge-12

Emily Jones- Cleveland-11

Ali Plieman- Houston-12

Amy Porter- Bearden- 12

Becca Smith-Riverdale-12

Kelsey Swann-Soddy Daisy-12

Kerbi Towry-Siegel-11

Samantha Turner-Bearden-10

Kayla VanES-Hendersonville-12

Midfielders

Kate Clark-Dobyns-Bennett-11

Kim Conrad-Siegel-12

Allysa Dresen-Farragut-12

Ali Eisnaugle-Independence-12

Kelsey Forsythe-Arlington-12

Olivia Harrison-Germantown Houston-9

Kaitlynn Heileman-Franklin-12

Ashley Howarth-Bearden-11

Greta Jochman-Oak Ridge-11

Steffi King-Houston-12

Hannah McGowen-Riverdale-12

Alexis Pugh-Collierville-11

Haley Sloan-Siegel-12

Alex Stevenson-Cleveland-12

Morgan Zigelsky-Franklin-11

Defenders

Sara Ashley-Soddy Daisy-12

Tessa Batchelor-Bearden-12

Briana Holmes-Oak Ridge-10

Mindy Hopkins-Farragut-12

Brianna Jezek-Ravenwood-12

Clare Lanter-Soddy Daisy-12

Gwen Lawson-Oak Ridge-12

Stacia Lee-Beech-12

Kristen Leng-Greeneville-12

Brandi Phillips-Siegel-12

Hannah Phillips-Brentwood-12

Kelsey Plummer-Hendersonville-11

Emily Rothwell-Collierville-12

Dana Schwartz-Brentwood-12

Alex Stradford-Arlington-9

Goal Keepers

Megan Buzzeo-Farragut-12

Sydney Dewberry-Siegel-12

Sophia Epps-Rossview-12

Lauren Fritts-Oak Ridge-12

Chelsea Jackson-Tullahoma-12

Savannah Shipman-Brentwood-11

Just curious, but I see a defender named on the forward list and a forward who never played midfield named on the midfielder list. Do these coaches really see the games or what? No dog in this fight, but just wondering how acurate the list is if the positions and players don't mesh. Dana Schwartz a defender? She was Brentwood's biggest offensive threat. Great player but not a defender in the games I watched.