New Classifications

slapper

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

Here is how. All of the schools were divided into thirds at the beginning (1A-2A-3A). Then all you had to do was count the number of schools in a class and divide by two to determine the subdivision (1A becomes 1A/2A--2A becomes 3A/4A---3A becomes 5A/6A). Brighton was ALWAYS at the bottom of 6A by enrollment unfortunately for them. When the three schools moved up into 5A they were not "bumped" into 6A because they were already there.

Yall can argue this point all you want.......however, therealgame is right on target. That is EXACTLY how it was set on the "first day" of enrollment annoucements!!

Guest Advisor

any word on which way Henry will go? Will they stay in the west or will they go to Middle tn?

This actually "district" shouldn't change........no matter the outcome, it was always going to be Northeast, Northwest, Clarksville High, Kenwood, Rossview, West Creek, Dickson Co., and Henry County........correct??

This actually "district" shouldn't change........no matter the outcome, it was always going to be Northeast, Northwest, Clarksville High, Kenwood, Rossview, West Creek, Dickson Co., and Henry County........correct??

No one knows for sure. One rumor has it that Dickson County will go in with the Williamson County schools (while the Metro schools reunite as the other district of that region). Given that, Henry County would have to go west. The plan I drew up also has Henry County going west, to preserve a six-team minimum in District 13.

Todays Tennessean had the TSSAA proposing to place Dickson in the Williamson County district. They will decide tomorrow.

Guest Advisor

Todays Tennessean had the TSSAA proposing to place Dickson in the Williamson County district. They will decide tomorrow.

From the powers that be..........I hear that the "wild card" is Dickson County. If they go to Williamson County, then Springfield would rejoin District 10-AAA.....if Dickson County goes to District 10-AAA.......Springfield would join the North Metro Nashville district which is 8 or 9........I don't remember which.......however, neither would have any bearing on Henry County.........they are in District 10-AAA......no matter where Dickson County lands.......no matter where Springfield lands.........no matter if we are 5A postseason or 6A......but since that's been decided.....HC will compete in 5A during the postseason representing District 10-AAA....just like the good ol' days!!