Wells fired as Blackman head football coach

CommonSenseMD

ok here is my opinion: i have played for wells all four years that he has been at blackman. our relationship was very shaky. for you people out there who says that the parents got him fired, your crazy. when you go 11-29 in four yrs. its not the parents who gets you fired. and for yall who say that he had no talent to work with your crazy too because we had a lot of talent this year. wells just didnt put the right people in the right position. but beleive me, we had a lot better team then what a 5-5 record shows. now dont get me wrong, i feel bad for wells and his family, but it was time for a change at blackman.

so here is what i think will happen: wells is a GREAT linebackers coach/ defensive coordinator, so i think he will reunite with the person he has been coaching with for years, coach williams at smyrna, i think he will go to smyrna and be possibaly an offensive line coach, linebackers coach, or maybe even def. coordinator. but i played under williams at blackman also. and i think that williams is an EXELLENT coach. and i was devistated that early morning during blaze dawn when he said that he was going to smyrna, but i was happy for him. when everybody was doubting what he would do over there at smyrna, i was one of the ones telling all of the smyrna people not to worry cause he is an exellent coach. thats what i think will happen, but thats just my opinion. i wish the best of luck to wells

now i know that this is a blackman theorum but i would like to congratulate coach williams at smyrna. he has done an exellent job over there and im happy for him. i will never forget the lessons he has tought me, in football and in life. he is the type of coach that will absolutly get in your a** if you do somethin wrong, but he will congratulate you like no other when you do good. he teaches you lessons in life as well as football. CONGRATS COACH WILLIAMS

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard its going to be asst principal Strickland... What a shame, thats what Blackman needs another "DADDY" to add his kid in at QB! I hope its someone out of the current loop. Coach Shadowens would be GREAT!!!! He didn't have to cheat to win like Rankin.

mr strickland does not want the job I dont think he is interested in coaching anymore. he coached his son ion Middle school but I think that was more of a preparation for high school

How about Traye Aric from Wilson Central. He's definitely got Riverdales no. He wanted Smyrna job last season I say they go after him.

Coach A won't leave WC..he's got a good thing goin...winning seasons...Lebanon can't say that...but MJ can and will be a thorn for a while...he's done a great job and gone thru the roughest times...why would he do it again? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

DRTUTH is said

Has anyone heard that Ron Adelott has been given notice at Riverdale? I just heard it and found it unbelievable!

Noone else has commented on this so I assume it is false? If it were true, however, I would not find it unbelievable. The wing t and Riverdale are like oil and water, they just don't mix.

I was told Adelott was let go by a former player of his. Hasn't he won 27 games over there in 3 years? That would be 9 wins per season. It would be hard to let him go for that. What coach would go in there with those types of expectations?

I personally think coaching changes, hires, and fires should be on hold till after the playoffs. This time right now belongs to those teams and coaches that got it done and are playing for championships. The spotlight belongs on them.

I also don't think the TSSAA should be having reclassification meetings right now and individual awards should be on hold until after the playoffs. I've always thought the timing of the Mr Football awards was odd. That's just me...I think the total focus should be on those teams in the playoffs.

I was told Adelott was let go by a former player of his. Hasn't he won 27 games over there in 3 years? That would be 9 wins per season. It would be hard to let him go for that. What coach would go in there with those types of expectations?

A GOOD one, NOT from METRO, that does NOT run the WingT hopefully!

While Coach A is a VERY good person the TEAM has been steadily getting WORSE since he has gotten here.

This years team is the first that is purely his and they went 5-5 this year and did NOT make the playoffs for the first time since 1990.

While the Gold Ball is NOT expected every year, it IS expected that you will be in the playoffs at the VERY LEAST!

Hillsboro maybe satisfied with just 9 wins a year, but at Riverdale it does NOT cut it!