Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not heard anything about Avery's head Coach resigning. He and Mike are very close friends. He may and may not resign. I'm not even sure if Avery is thinking about hiring someone else. I just hope Mike continues to Coach somewhere, he still has the passion,desire and knowledge to make someone a winner.

Like I said earlier, as one of Mike's opponents I wouldnt hate to see him leave, but it will surely hurt the region if he does because Hampton will not be NEARLY as good as they have been while hes been there! JMHO /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left one bit. I don't like Hampton at all. When Luns left Cloudland and went to Avery, it didn't bother me that bad, but when he turned around and went to Hampton, it cut like a knife. I wish Coach Luns the best and I hope he'll find a job at a different school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The political thing will hurt Mike at Avery. He will buck the system and the people will have to either decide if they want someone who will win or someone they can control like a puppet. I guarantee if Mike is the coach, he will run the show or else. Thats how it has to be.

I agree because when he was over there before,there was alot of really bad things that went on. I do mean REALLY BAD. He didn't have the power to change it ,so he just left. He would not put himself in that position again. Avery was very talented at that time ,but TEAM was a joke. I've never been around anything as bad as that was.

I must admit, this is a distressing topic. Coach Lunsford has been a blessing to my kid this year. It takes someone willing to go the extra mile to keep mine in check. Coach Lunsford mentors him on the field and in the classroom and I've seen drastic changes in his work and his confidence.

I don't get that close to the field during the game or practices. I don't have to get close to know that Coach Lunsford makes a difference in my kid's life and that's all that matters to me. I hope he stays put.

I must admit, this is a distressing topic. Coach Lunsford has been a blessing to my kid this year. It takes someone willing to go the extra mile to keep mine in check. Coach Lunsford mentors him on the field and in the classroom and I've seen drastic changes in his work and his confidence.

I don't get that close to the field during the game or practices. I don't have to get close to know that Coach Lunsford makes a difference in my kid's life and that's all that matters to me. I hope he stays put.

Either way it goes ,keep this kid focused, Mike said this kid has the most potential he's seen in a long time. He did miss some practice's early , but he picked it up the last 3 weeks. He needs to step up and be accountable in the classroom and the ballfield. Mike knows talent when he see's it. I want to see this kid do well. I know he can.

Don't let the confidence turn to cockiness and remember potential means you haven't done it yet. Very few people ever gets the most of their Potential.

Either way it goes ,keep this kid focused, Mike said this kid has the most potential he's seen in a long time. He did miss some practice's early , but he picked it up the last 3 weeks. He needs to step up and be accountable in the classroom and the ballfield. Mike knows talent when he see's it. I want to see this kid do well. I know he can.

Don't let the confidence turn to cockiness and remember potential means you haven't done it yet. Very few people ever gets the most of their Potential.

Sorry, didn't mean to hit that reply button so many times.....

First thing I have to do is figure out how this boy misses a ball practice and I don't know anything about it... He certainly always smells like he's been practicing when I pick him up! I pick him up a the ball field and I'm baffled.....I wish I could get these coaches to call me when he isn't there so I could catch him in the act. I know they're busy, but it's hard for me to know when to act when I don't know when he's messing up.

Of course, then there is that little thing about him having to work hard himself. As a parent there is only so much I can do to support him. I wish I could afford to stay home and parent 24/7...but we like to be able to eat, drive, and live in our home all at the same time...so I have to work. For him to ever reach his potential, he's gonna have be accountable to some things without my help. I realize that. But I would like to be involved in the consequences when we catch him anyway.

Sorry, didn't mean to hit that reply button so many times.....

First thing I have to do is figure out how this boy misses a ball practice and I don't know anything about it... He certainly always smells like he's been practicing when I pick him up! I pick him up a the ball field and I'm baffled.....I wish I could get these coaches to call me when he isn't there so I could catch him in the act. I know they're busy, but it's hard for me to know when to act when I don't know when he's messing up.

Of course, then there is that little thing about him having to work hard himself. As a parent there is only so much I can do to support him. I wish I could afford to stay home and parent 24/7...but we like to be able to eat, drive, and live in our home all at the same time...so I have to work. For him to ever reach his potential, he's gonna have be accountable to some things without my help. I realize that. But I would like to be involved in the consequences when we catch him anyway.

Don't think foe one second ,I'm downing you as a parent. Its real easy to see that you are a concerned parent. Like I said in the other post ,he stepped it up the last 3 weeks of practice. Was also very impressive. I also agree he has to be accountable for himself and if Mike stays at Hampton, I'm sure he will keep him on his toe's. Hampton could be a very strong team next season, big strong boy's all over the field. They just need to do the nessessary work in the off season.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left one bit. I don't like Hampton at all. When Luns left Cloudland and went to Avery, it didn't bother me that bad, but when he turned around and went to Hampton, it cut like a knife. I wish Coach Luns the best and I hope he'll find a job at a different school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope that Coach Lunsford stays at Hampton. He is a great coach and a good man. I respect him a lot.

I hope that Coach Lunsford stays at Hampton. He is a great coach and a good man. I respect him a lot.

I like Coach Lunsford and his family. Me and Coach Lunsford have a great mutual respect and our coordial relationship has continued through the years. I went from a 110 lb. freshman to a starting offensive guard my senior year. Mike had a lot to do with that because he convinced all of us that playing football for Cloudland was such a big thing. I never was that good, but I gave it everything I had and here today in life I've been successful because of what I learned from Mike and a great coaching staff who cared about us. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The same thing happened when he was at Cloudland. A select few took it upon themselves to make things as hard for him as they possibly could. It just seems to me that our small communities around here lack some common sense. If a kid is not being abused, the parents need to shut their stinking mouths and stay out of the team's and coaches business. These parents and some of the faculty fail to see what togetherness can do and keeping their minds on what special things a team can accomplish. Instead they worry about who is going to score or who is going to get playing time or who is going to get their A-s chewed out. I believe the same thing has happened to every school in this county. That is why state championships are few and far between around here. People ain't got no sense and they ruin everything before anything good can happen. I think it pushes alot of coaches into retirement as well. I don't see big Mike coaching much longer. I know I would have done shot somebody by now. What a shame.

most sensible post i have ever read of yours. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I like Coach Lunsford and his family. Me and Coach Lunsford have a great mutual respect and our coordial relationship has continued through the years. I went from a 110 lb. freshman to a starting offensive guard my senior year. Mike had a lot to do with that because he convinced all of us that playing football for Cloudland was such a big thing. I never was that good, but I gave it everything I had and here today in life I've been successful because of what I learned from Mike and a great coaching staff who cared about us. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wouldn't doubt that at all. Good Post. Coach Lunsford has influenced countless athletes in a positive manner. What I like about Coach Lunsford is even though he can be tough as nails, you still know that he cares for you and wants you to succeed. He expects your best effort and gives praise when he gets your best effort. He is one of those coaches whom I believe gets the most out of the majority of his players.