Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

I agree because when he was over there before,there was alot of really bad things that went on. I do mean REALLY BAD. He didn't have the power to change it ,so he just left. He would not put himself in that position again. Avery was very talented at that time ,but TEAM was a joke. I've never been around anything as bad as that was.

OK, where will Mike be coaching next year? Are there no takers on this one?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, where will Mike be coaching next year? Are there no takers on this one?

I wish I knew the answer , I do know that Unicoi asked him about that job and he didn't want it, I'd say the options are ,stay at Hampton, Go to Avery or give it up altogether. I hope he don't choose the last one. I did have some people ask me about Little Michael coming to Cloudland. Not sure if thats something he would want to do or not.

I wish I knew the answer , I do know that Unicoi asked him about that job and he didn't want it, I'd say the options are ,stay at Hampton, Go to Avery or give it up altogether. I hope he don't choose the last one. I did have some people ask me about Little Michael coming to Cloudland. Not sure if thats something he would want to do or not.

pujo, Tell us that it's a joke about Mike not coaching! He wouldn't give it up would he? If so, I must ask WHY???????

pujo, Tell us that it's a joke about Mike not coaching! He wouldn't give it up would he? If so, I must ask WHY???????

My guess is ,he will continue to Coach, but only if it is a situation he likes.He won't take just any job. To be at his best ,he has to call the shots. Half coaching don't give him the freedom to do what he thinks is best. He'll either do it with authority or not at all.

My guess is ,he will continue to Coach, but only if it is a situation he likes.He won't take just any job. To be at his best ,he has to call the shots. Half coaching don't give him the freedom to do what he thinks is best. He'll either do it with authority or not at all.

I hate to read this. I just don't see JC giving up the "shot calling" to anyone. I think Mike may have to move on for that kind of freedom. Not trying to get anything started, but JC ran a dang good football program before Mike. Again, I know what Mike has done at Cloudland AND Hampton, I just see this thing going in the wrong direction for both people. I hope it works out for both!

I hate to read this. I just don't see JC giving up the "shot calling" to anyone. I think Mike may have to move on for that kind of freedom. Not trying to get anything started, but JC ran a dang good football program before Mike. Again, I know what Mike has done at Cloudland AND Hampton, I just see this thing going in the wrong direction for both people. I hope it works out for both!

JC is the head Coach and Mike Don't want his job. Mike and JC are good friends and I'm sure it will stay that way. My guess is' Mike will either be at Avery or give it up all together. Its alot of work with very little incentive at Hampton.

JC is the head Coach and Mike Don't want his job. Mike and JC are good friends and I'm sure it will stay that way. My guess is' Mike will either be at Avery or give it up all together. Its alot of work with very little incentive at Hampton.

I heard the same thing, I wish Mike the best no matter what and hope he's happy with whatever decision he makes. It was a lot of fun matching witts and coaching against him, but he's an even better person than he is coach. I truly believe that without Mike Hampton will not be NEARLY as good, but thats JMHO. Again good luck no matter what, the region may not miss you as a competitor, but we will certainly be minus a great coach that helps make our region as good as we can be! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I heard the same thing, I wish Mike the best no matter what and hope he's happy with whatever decision he makes. It was a lot of fun matching witts and coaching against him, but he's an even better person than he is coach. I truly believe that without Mike Hampton will not be NEARLY as good, but thats JMHO. Again good luck no matter what, the region may not miss you as a competitor, but we will certainly be minus a great coach that helps make our region as good as we can be! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hampton is a the only team that competes with everyone else year in and year out. The rest of the teams in Region 1 are mainly MUFFIN teams. I wish they could beef that region up some. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm sure Mike would appreciate the kind words. His passion is second to none. Thats why Ihope he continues to Coach somewhere. He'll make someone better if he has the chance. He knows the 2 most important things, kids and Football.