Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

Once again you are correct! On the out side looking in, it looks as though you have JC who has dedicated his whole life to the Hampton football program and school. On the other hand you have a very proven, yet younger coach ready to call the "shots". On the surface you have two men with the same school and program in mind, but a situation which will not or can't co-exist,nor work. aka UT. Good luck to Mike where ever he winds up.

I know more than what I am willing to say on here, I like all the people involved. Its just that bad desisions were allowed to be made and some people didn't prepare like they should. JC just pretty much turned over different assignments to different people. Mike didn't have the power to buck the system ,so he's stepping down. JC is great person,but I think he has fought too many battles. Just not worth the effort it takes to do things the right way. Mike is a competitor ,to say the least. and if he can't do things the way he thinks they should be, he'd rather let someone else do it. He needs to be in a system where Coaches and kids are accountable and are willing to play the best kids at whatever positions are best suited for success. He just won't do it any other way. I don't blame him. If the right job opens up ,He'll be there ,if not, the area wil lose a geat leader and Coach.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like JC and some of the other guys @ Hampton but if Mike isn't there they aren't nearly as good a ball team. JMO.

I've talked to Cloudland.s coaches, and they won't miss Mike being at Hampton one little bit. They would rather beat Mike than anyone out there, but they think ,Hampton might be a little more beatable without him.

I'm a player at hampton and i would just like to say that coach lunsford is the best coach i have ever had at any sport. he knows the game of football better than anyone. i owe everything that i have done in football to him. he is a great leader, a great coach, and a great friend to all his players and i truly love him and i wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

I'm a player at hampton and i would just like to say that coach lunsford is the best coach i have ever had at any sport. he knows the game of football better than anyone. i owe everything that i have done in football to him. he is a great leader, a great coach, and a great friend to all his players and i truly love him and i wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

Its kids like you that makes walking away a hard thing to do. I do know that Mike was very proud of this years team. Didn't matter if you guys won or lost, All of you were ready to go to work on Monday. You were the type of kids who deserved to win, If you guys approach adulthood with the same passion, You'll all be winners where it really matters. Life

I know Mike pretty well and he had nothing but praise for you guys.

The coach is gone from Unicoi....they would be stupid not to at least try to get Coach Lunsford to take over the program. He is a fine man and any school would be lucky to get him or his son!

i agree totally we should have gotten him 3 maybe 4 years ago but, you know unicoi county is and will always be 2nd to baseball been that way since 1980 or so and will always be . had a chance but our wonderful board didnt see it ,,,,,,, football has been a dead issue since the concerned idiots railroaded the head football coach and mentor larry rose and then of course we went aa louis thompson road in a perfect opportunity to pick on a lesser pack and in a few years we are the lesser of all. yet we had a chance to get darrell lewis but,did they even get to interview him ,

no did,nt even interview him so now it,s homecookin time in erwin again ,now who,s son are we going to put in now ,i say let charlie baxter coach the football team and the baseball ream until he retires . he hates to lose and is one heck of a coach he may even let some of his baseball boys play then ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JC has probably forgot more about football than most people have ever known, the only problem is, I don't think he can remember it. lol

this makes me sick you of all people should know what you are doing to a great legend in jc as far as i'm concerned you have lost all coacht cred.you speak of all these great life lessons or socalled life lessons then you get on here and do this to jc ????????? no way out of this one eather. you crossed the line that only a few even know is there thats part of what gave you cred you can say it's all about the kids but it's really about you and mike there is a protocall that should have been observed i'm done with this. now deal with it.

I know more than what I am willing to say on here, I like all the people involved. Its just that bad desisions were allowed to be made and some people didn't prepare like they should. JC just pretty much turned over different assignments to different people. Mike didn't have the power to buck the system ,so he's stepping down. JC is great person,but I think he has fought too many battles. Just not worth the effort it takes to do things the right way. Mike is a competitor ,to say the least. and if he can't do things the way he thinks they should be, he'd rather let someone else do it. He needs to be in a system where Coaches and kids are accountable and are willing to play the best kids at whatever positions are best suited for success. He just won't do it any other way. I don't blame him. If the right job opens up ,He'll be there ,if not, the area wil lose a geat leader and Coach.

pujo, I hope you know that I type this with the up most respect for Mike and you. I can't help but caution you that this thread is starting to read as though JC(who deserves the up most respect also) is either not returning, and this is a rallying of the troops for Mike to be the MAN, OR, this is in some way, a push to get JC out and Mike in???? I under stand your frustrations with the thought of Mike not coaching, but I think JC deserves to be typed about in a more positive manner. After all, he has won his fare share of football games, and has influenced a ton of kids in a positive manner him self. I'm sure Mike will have his chances elsewhere, if he wants and seeks them.

this makes me sick you of all people should know what you are doing to a great legend in jc as far as i'm concerned you have lost all coacht cred.you speak of all these great life lessons or socalled life lessons then you get on here and do this to jc ????????? no way out of this one eather. you crossed the line that only a few even know is there thats part of what gave you cred you can say it's all about the kids but it's really about you and mike there is a protocall that should have been observed i'm done with this. now deal with it.

zAZa90???????????????????? COMMENTS???????????

JC has the best sense of humor in the world, What Isaid was only a joke and sounds exactly like something he would say. As far as I'm concerned, JC should be the Coach at Hampton until he desides to give it up. People are getting this all confused. Mike don't even want the head coaching job at Hampton. Ihave been around the Hampton program for the last few years and I do know what goes on. JC don't do much coaching at all. I just think its been a part of his life so long ,he's just not ready to give it up.

pujo, I hope you know that I type this with the up most respect for Mike and you. I can't help but caution you that this thread is starting to read as though JC(who deserves the up most respect also) is either not returning, and this is a rallying of the troops for Mike to be the MAN, OR, this is in some way, a push to get JC out and Mike in???? I under stand your frustrations with the thought of Mike not coaching, but I think JC deserves to be typed about in a more positive manner. After all, he has won his fare share of football games, and has influenced a ton of kids in a positive manner him self. I'm sure Mike will have his chances elsewhere, if he wants and seeks them.

I don't know anything about the troops, I'm sure some of them wants Mike coaching at Hampton. But I know for a certainty ,Mike don't want the job. Even though I do want to see him continue to Coach, I hope it is somewhere else. I'm just like everyone else and I have agendas. I've got 2 of um.I would rather Mike coach my kids ,than any local Coach in this area. He'd be tough on them if they needed it, I expect alot out of my kids and Iwant teachers and coaches who expect the same. So far ,so good.

I don't know anything about the troops, I'm sure some of them wants Mike coaching at Hampton. But I know for a certainty ,Mike don't want the job. Even though I do want to see him continue to Coach, I hope it is somewhere else. I'm just like everyone else and I have agendas. I've got 2 of um.I would rather Mike coach my kids ,than any local Coach in this area. He'd be tough on them if they needed it, I expect alot out of my kids and Iwant teachers and coaches who expect the same. So far ,so good.

would he consider going back to cloudland then you could let your boys play for him and stay at the school you love? just a thought.