Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would he consider going back to cloudland then you could let your boys play for him and stay at the school you love? just a thought.

I don't have anything against any of these local schools. Kids are just kids .I just want the best education and good Coaches for my kids. Kids need good leadership. So far ,Cloudland has been nothing but good for my oldest ' my least one isn't in school yet. I want them to have the best oppertunities available. I do wish these little schools offered wrestling.

I can't help but wonder what the people up on the Roan would think of this?

If Cloudland was looking for a Coach, I'd say Mike would be a popullar choice by most of the people. I'm around alot of the football lovers. They have alot of confidence in him. I sort of doubt it happenibg.But who knows.

DON'T BANK ON IT!!!!!!!!!!(your answer that is)

With the new playoff system, imagin, if you will, Cloudland(head coach)Mike Luncford, asst.(hc/oc) Robbie and curent staff. Pujo, you tell me the people on Roan Mt. wouldn't be happy? Not that Robbie has done a bad job, but how could one pass on a staff like this? Didn't Robbie play for Mike at Cloudland? If so, who better to help him?

I wish I knew the answer , I do know that Unicoi asked him about that job and he didn't want it, I'd say the options are ,stay at Hampton, Go to Avery or give it up altogether. I hope he don't choose the last one. I did have some people ask me about Little Michael coming to Cloudland. Not sure if thats something he would want to do or not.

What is this about little mike going back to cloudland. All we have heard for the past 4 years is how cloudland hates him and how he was a traitor. I guess when it all boils down they only hate you when they cant have you.

What is this about little mike going back to cloudland. All we have heard for the past 4 years is how cloudland hates him and how he was a traitor. I guess when it all boils down they only hate you when they cant have you.

I don't think Michael will be helping at Cloudland, but I could be wrong. I do think Cloudland is needing some help. Coach Julian won't be back and I only know of 2 Coaches that will. Michael will probably be wherever Mike is or he may go help Coach Brewer at Avery.

I think some hard feeling still exist ,but I'd say most of the Roan Mt people likes and respects Mike and Michael. The feelings are mutual.

With the new playoff system, imagin, if you will, Cloudland(head coach)Mike Luncford, asst.(hc/oc) Robbie and curent staff. Pujo, you tell me the people on Roan Mt. wouldn't be happy? Not that Robbie has done a bad job, but how could one pass on a staff like this? Didn't Robbie play for Mike at Cloudland? If so, who better to help him?

I don'tlok for Robbie to step down as the head Coach and I don't see the powers that be running him off. Ijust doubt any of this happening. I'd say if Mike Goes anywhere ,it will be Avery.

The thing that most people don't seem to understand is ,Mike don't want to be the head coach at Hampton or Cloudland.

O.k. here's my two cents for what its worth. Robbie is now the head coach at Cloudland. Most people up here are happy to have him. The past has done washed under the bridge and is gone. Mike is gone and he don't want to come back and I'd say little mike don't want to come up here either. I would be very happy to have them, but I also like the ones we've got right now. If Mike were to take over our defense, I believe we would be dominant. And things are different up here now too. Most of our sideline has cleaned up. The real fans are right there supporting the players and coaches instead of cussing them. You'll find us tailgaiting before the games. I actually like our atmosphere now better than I did before. People were so big on the dog pound, but where oh where has the dog pound been since the hard times came? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> The real fans are right here and I think Robbie and Mike would make a heck of a pair, but I don't think that will ever happen.

pujo, I hope you know that I type this with the up most respect for Mike and you. I can't help but caution you that this thread is starting to read as though JC(who deserves the up most respect also) is either not returning, and this is a rallying of the troops for Mike to be the MAN, OR, this is in some way, a push to get JC out and Mike in???? I under stand your frustrations with the thought of Mike not coaching, but I think JC deserves to be typed about in a more positive manner. After all, he has won his fare share of football games, and has influenced a ton of kids in a positive manner him self. I'm sure Mike will have his chances elsewhere, if he wants and seeks them.

I must of missed something? Pujo plainly stated Coach Lunsford and JC are the best of friends. Pujo only stated that JC was the head coach and handed down assignments to different coaches. He has only shown respect to Coach Campbell. You say also that JC deserves the up most respect....well I beg to differ with you....he deserves nothing ...you have to earn it!!!! Another thing I would like to point out is this....I see Pujo at all the games Hampton plays, I see lots of fans talking to him and I hear people talking also, they think JC has dementia (such as thinking, remembering, and reasoning) but never once have I ever heard Pujo say a bad word about JC. The only thing I have ever heard him say was JC has forgotten more about football than most of us have ever known...which is true because JC has proven he can coach football.

It is mostly the fans and parents who think it is time for JC Campbell to retire. And if you haven't heard that talk at the games then you are standing at the wrong place because everyone is talking about it. As for Coach Lunsford he would not take over as head coach at Hampton High School without Coach JC's blessing. As for the boys on the football team they love Mike and JC both.....I think there is maybe 3 or 4 disgruntled kids (or should I say parents) who want things their way.

I will say this on a final note: Let Coach Lunsford not coach next year and see what happens at Hampton High School. To You Parents that want to cripple a football team keep running your mouths!!!

JC has probably forgot more about football than most people have ever known, the only problem is, I don't think he can remember it. lol

TNLady,I think this is what you missed!

this makes me sick you of all people should know what you are doing to a great legend in jc as far as i'm concerned you have lost all coacht cred.you speak of all these great life lessons or socalled life lessons then you get on here and do this to jc ????????? no way out of this one eather. you crossed the line that only a few even know is there thats part of what gave you cred you can say it's all about the kids but it's really about you and mike there is a protocall that should have been observed i'm done with this. now deal with it.

TNLady, I think you missed this also!

I must of missed something? Pujo plainly stated Coach Lunsford and JC are the best of friends. Pujo only stated that JC was the head coach and handed down assignments to different coaches. He has only shown respect to Coach Campbell. You say also that JC deserves the up most respect....well I beg to differ with you....he deserves nothing ...you have to earn it!!!! Another thing I would like to point out is this....I see Pujo at all the games Hampton plays, I see lots of fans talking to him and I hear people talking also, they think JC has dementia (such as thinking, remembering, and reasoning) but never once have I ever heard Pujo say a bad word about JC. The only thing I have ever heard him say was JC has forgotten more about football than most of us have ever known...which is true because JC has proven he can coach football.

It is mostly the fans and parents who think it is time for JC Campbell to retire. And if you haven't heard that talk at the games then you are standing at the wrong place because everyone is talking about it. As for Coach Lunsford he would not take over as head coach at Hampton High School without Coach JC's blessing. As for the boys on the football team they love Mike and JC both.....I think there is maybe 3 or 4 disgruntled kids (or should I say parents) who want things their way.

I will say this on a final note: Let Coach Lunsford not coach next year and see what happens at Hampton High School. To You Parents that want to cripple a football team keep running your mouths!!!

Thanks TNlady, I like and respect Coach Campbell alot. Lots of fun to be around, teaches alot of life lessons,just a fine person. And you are right ,Mike would never ever take the Head job without JC's blessings.

I also agree that Hampton would suffer if Mike don't help. He knows football ,kids' and how to get the most out of nearly every one of um. He also has a TON of passion.Ido think Hampton has what could be a pretty strong team next season. The kids are there and if they work like they should and whoever is in charge plays the right people,they could be hard to handle. I guess time will clear it all up. Iwish the best too all involved, Kids ,parents and coaches. I'm a friend ,not an enemy.