Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

TNLady,I think this is what you missed!

TNLady, I think you missed this also!

I don't think TNLady is the one who missed it. I think someone is grasping for straws. What the powers that be does at Hampton dosen't affect me in any shape,form or fashion. I've enjoyed following them and being around the kids and Coaches. They have been nothing but good to me. Jc is a rare person with a better than average sense of humor. He knows where I stand. NUFF SAID

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks TNlady, I like and respect Coach Campbell alot. Lots of fun to be around, teaches alot of life lessons,just a fine person. And you are right ,Mike would never ever take the Head job without JC's blessings.

I also agree that Hampton would suffer if Mike don't help. He knows football ,kids' and how to get the most out of nearly every one of um. He also has a TON of passion.Ido think Hampton has what could be a pretty strong team next season. The kids are there and if they work like they should and whoever is in charge plays the right people,they could be hard to handle. I guess time will clear it all up. Iwish the best too all involved, Kids ,parents and coaches. I'm a friend ,not an enemy.

You are most welcome Pujo! I only tell what is the truth. I know you love your brother and I know you respect JC and it is unfair for others to twist that. I just wish I could get on here and tell who the real back stabbers are.....boy would Coach Lunsford and JC be surprised lol. Unless they are practicing this proverb: Keep your friends close but, keep your enemies closer.

Yes you are indeed a friend and a true one at that. I along with you wish all involved the best also.

You are most welcome Pujo! I only tell what is the truth. I know you love your brother and I know you respect JC and it is unfair for others to twist that. I just wish I could get on here and tell who the real back stabbers are.....boy would Coach Lunsford and JC be surprised lol. Unless they are practicing this proverb: Keep your friends close but, keep your enemies closer.

Yes you are indeed a friend and a true one at that. I along with you wish all involved the best also.

Yeah, alot of people use this message board for the sole purpose to stir up trouble. Thats not my style , back biting and talking behind other peoples back is what cowards do. Like it says in the good book,blessed is the peace maker . I try to be realistic and honest. I se no purpose in trying to cause other people problems. They have enough on their own.

You are also right about the friend thing, I'm not a fake. I'll be a friend to anyone that allows me to. I'm not big on hating and treating people bad.

TNLady,I think this is what you missed!

TNLady, I think you missed this also!

No I did not miss it but anyone who knows Pujo knows he meant no disrespect to JC.

As for the next from maxalt sounded like one of Hampton's disgruntled parents.

Let's face it Coach Lunsford is a great coach and he is still young. I am thinking of the kids when I say it is what 99% of them want.....they want Coach Lunsford to be their coach.....go ask them.

My advise to the football team is this,get in the weight room and work like heck to get bigger ,stronger and faster, Talk to the atheletes that that didn't play last year, should be several that could heLp. This a good group coming back and regardless of who is doing the coaching,the players are the one's who have to make the plays on Friday night. Hampton should have a quality team next season and I want to see them excel. These kids deserve success. GO GET IT.

I must of missed something? Pujo plainly stated Coach Lunsford and JC are the best of friends. Pujo only stated that JC was the head coach and handed down assignments to different coaches. He has only shown respect to Coach Campbell. You say also that JC deserves the up most respect....well I beg to differ with you....he deserves nothing ...you have to earn it!!!! Another thing I would like to point out is this....I see Pujo at all the games Hampton plays, I see lots of fans talking to him and I hear people talking also, they think JC has dementia (such as thinking, remembering, and reasoning) but never once have I ever heard Pujo say a bad word about JC. The only thing I have ever heard him say was JC has forgotten more about football than most of us have ever known...which is true because JC has proven he can coach football.

It is mostly the fans and parents who think it is time for JC Campbell to retire. And if you haven't heard that talk at the games then you are standing at the wrong place because everyone is talking about it. As for Coach Lunsford he would not take over as head coach at Hampton High School without Coach JC's blessing. As for the boys on the football team they love Mike and JC both.....I think there is maybe 3 or 4 disgruntled kids (or should I say parents) who want things their way.

I will say this on a final note: Let Coach Lunsford not coach next year and see what happens at Hampton High School. To You Parents that want to cripple a football team keep running your mouths!!!

I'm going to say that through record and time served, JC has EARNED his respect!JC IS Hampton football! Hampton had been to round(4) before Mike coached there(again no disrespect to Mike pujo. You of all people know that I know what a GREAT coach he is and have the upmost respect for him,remember the Grace post, and others?). DEMENTIA, guessing if the guy has DEMENTIA, on a PUBLIC WEB SITE that you and I both KNOW the KIDS READ, How do you think JC would feel reading this? Before you answer TNLady,don't type that he would cover it up with a joke! Tell me how you think he feels driving to school every day, walking down the hall every day,working with the staff every day,going to the store,walking through WAL-MART, and last but not least, how do you think HE feels when he's at home(with his guard down ie all jokes aside) getting ready to go through the whole thing again the next day, knowing/not knowing who's been reading this stuff. Would you won"t your father,mother,sister,brother,or your kids to read and deal with this? Watch what you type, you might be finding your self proving maxalt right!

My advise to the football team is this,get in the weight room and work like heck to get bigger ,stronger and faster, Talk to the atheletes that that didn't play last year, should be several that could heLp. This a good group coming back and regardless of who is doing the coaching,the players are the one's who have to make the plays on Friday night. Hampton should have a quality team next season and I want to see them excel. These kids deserve success. GO GET IT.

That's more like the PUJO post I like reading!

I'm going to say that through record and time served, JC has EARNED his respect!JC IS Hampton football! Hampton had been to round(4) before Mike coached there(again no disrespect to Mike pujo. You of all people know that I know what a GREAT coach he is and have the upmost respect for him,remember the Grace post, and others?). DEMENTIA, guessing if the guy has DEMENTIA, on a PUBLIC WEB SITE that you and I both KNOW the KIDS READ, How do you think JC would feel reading this? Before you answer TNLady,don't type that he would cover it up with a joke! Tell me how you think he feels driving to school every day, walking down the hall every day,working with the staff every day,going to the store,walking through WAL-MART, and last but not least, how do you think HE feels when he's at home(with his guard down ie all jokes aside) getting ready to go through the whole thing again the next day, knowing/not knowing who's been reading this stuff. Would you won"t your father,mother,sister,brother,or your kids to read and deal with this? Watch what you type, you might be finding your self proving maxalt right!

For the record It was not I who said JC had dementia. I was not guessing, I was only stating what I overheard at games from parents. Which I plainly stated in my post that I over hear people talking. So do you think some of the kids at Hampton High School hasn't heard this or talked about this? Personally we all know the truth about ourselves so I can't say how JC would feel but I'm not goin' lose sleep over it. There are other parents besides the football players parents talking this. Do not twist my words to suit your pupose.

To understand the value of earning respect, it is relatively important to have a good grasp of what the word means. According to Webster's, it is a "high or special regard." It is also "the quality or state of being esteemed." In essence, to be respected, a person must be held in high regard for one reason or another. Those who earn respect, however, generally do not receive this esteem without doing something to gain it. Earning respect is typically based on a person's own abilities, such as a personality trait, characteristic, an action or series of actions. Many say that honesty and trustworthiness are the two keys to earning success in all areas of life. There are many other things, however, that people can do to earn respect from those around them. Whether it is in the community, at work or at home, those who earn respect often have better relationships with those around them.

What a great post Pujo!

For the record It was not I who said JC had dementia. I was not guessing, I was only stating what I overheard at games from parents. Which I plainly stated in my post that I over hear people talking. So do you think some of the kids at Hampton High School hasn't heard this or talked about this? Personally we all know the truth about ourselves so I can't say how JC would feel but I'm not goin' lose sleep over it. There are other parents besides the football players parents talking this. Do not twist my words to suit your pupose.

To understand the value of earning respect, it is relatively important to have a good grasp of what the word means. According to Webster's, it is a "high or special regard." It is also "the quality or state of being esteemed." In essence, to be respected, a person must be held in high regard for one reason or another. Those who earn respect, however, generally do not receive this esteem without doing something to gain it. Earning respect is typically based on a person's own abilities, such as a personality trait, characteristic, an action or series of actions. Many say that honesty and trustworthiness are the two keys to earning success in all areas of life. There are many other things, however, that people can do to earn respect from those around them. Whether it is in the community, at work or at home, those who earn respect often have better relationships with those around them.

No TNLady, it was you who emphasised it! When YOU stated hear say it became romor. As far as losing sleep, you might want to read my post with a little less hast/"twist", you didn't type as though you were going to lose sleep. You typed as though you had an agenda. As for you and Webster goes, JC fits that def. ask his peers.

If I were a Hampton person, my concern would be this. Who is going to Coach football in the future. Its easy to look at all these area schools and see that good Coaches are extremely hard to come by. Unicoi and Unaka are 2 prime examples, they go through Coaches over and over ,but it don't seem like their success ever changes. Not to many proven winners out there. I can't see JC coaching to much longer and if Mike steps down ,where do you go from there. I'm not knocking these schools or coaches who have a hard time of achieving success. But its easy to see,something just ain't right. Hampton could get lucky and get a Great Coach ,but if you look around,the chances are pretty slim. I know the win ,loss percentages of all these area Coaches ,I know who wins and loses, the big winners are very few.

I think Rob is the next big winner in this area. I feel like he wins the games he is supposed to win and some of the games he ain't supposed to win. If he gets a complete staff, I feel like Cloudland can return to dominance. He needs a few more positive attitudes walking the sideline.