Middle Tennessee Class AA districts for 2009-13

rocketman

From my own personal perspective as a Westmoreland fan. I like the games we will be playing next season with the exception of Goodpasture. They are a private school that shouldnt even compete against public in my opinion. That being said, you have to beat the teams that are on your schedule to get in the big dance. Westmoreland did beat GP 3 years in a row for a while including a GP state championship team. The funny thing about this game is the coaching rivalry it becomes. Martin was at Westmoreland for many years. So I guess this is some sort of renewed rivalry. I like the other opponents though. Especially the White House and Greenbrier thing. These were huge games in past history, especially that White House game. Macon is always a big rivalry. Sycamore is a team who most Westmoreland fans know little about. All in all should be some good games and huge crowds next season. Westmoreland returns alot of their skill players. Also some good lineman with alot of experience. I like our chances to compete well next season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I guess your not much of an Historian. Second, we'll see next year...just remember...Speed Kills

Yea, it sure is not surprising what you can do with a ton of talent, good assistant coaching, and a head coach with a lot of fire under his belt. I guess the fire burns out sometimes... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Beat them and/or end the seson in 1st or 2nd place in the District and they are in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Easier said than done for a very poor inner city school against 5 schools with 300-400 more student athletes to pick from. Hate it for them, but really glad for us.