Middle Tennessee Class AA districts for 2009-13

rocketman

how will all this work when the playoffs roll around??? It looks like some schools will bask in fact that they can go 1-9 and make the playoffs every year.

Take for instance 9AA with the only 3A teams being Goodpasture and Westmorland. all you have to do is win that game for a playoff berth. I dont agree with that, especially when you have 4 3A teams in 10AA they could have sent 1 north to make it a little more viable.

I think they got 12AA right all the way thru. 4 and 4

Then if you look at some of the A districts. Loretto is the lone 2A schol in their district. talk about a hook-up for the mustangs.

GP or Westmoreland would have to finish #1 or #2 in the District for an automatic berth.

Loretto would have to finish #1 or #2 in the District for an automatic berth.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought is that Lewis County will no longer be 10-0 every regular season...they have to play some real teams now. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I doubt you could do much better coaching any teams that Lewis County faces. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Its my understanding that the winner of the Goodpasture and Westmoreland game would get a playoff bid.

If they are the only 3A teams in that District, then they would have to finish either 1st or 2nd overall in the District to get an automatic berth to the playoffs.

Otherwise they would have to get in on a wild card.

For example:

If there are Four 3a teams in a district, then only 2 are guaranteed a spot.

If there are Six 3A in a district then, only 3 are guaranteed.

If there are Three 3A, then only 1 is guaranteed a spot.

If there is only 1-2 3A teams then they would have to finish 1st or 2nd overall in their district to get an automatic berth. If they didn't finish 1 or 2 overall, then they would have to get in on a wild card. Wild Card teams are dictated by most victories.

Confusing..............isn't it. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

If they are the only 3A teams in that District, then they would have to finish either 1st or 2nd overall in the District to get an automatic berth to the playoffs.

Otherwise they would have to get in on a wild card.

For example:

If there are Four 3a teams in a district, then only 2 are guaranteed a spot.

If there are Six 3A in a district then, only 3 are guaranteed.

If there are Three 3A, then only 1 is guaranteed a spot.

If there is only 1-2 3A teams then they would have to finish 1st or 2nd overall in their district to get an automatic berth. If they didn't finish 1 or 2 overall, then they would have to get in on a wild card. Wild Card teams are dictated by most victories.

Confusing..............isn't it. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

There is two teams, split it in half half makes one automatic bid. That is off the tssaa website.

There is two teams, split it in half half makes one automatic bid. That is off the tssaa website.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed at the BOC meeting and that there had be at least 3 teams of the same class in order to get 1 automatic bid, but I'm not absolutely sure about that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I'm pretty sure this was discussed at the BOC meeting and that there had be at least 3 teams of the same class in order to get 1 automatic bid, but I'm not absolutely sure about that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I got my info from the video on the tssaa website about the Z plan, if they changed their minds since the video then im wrong, but if the video is correct then you split the number in half and always round down to determine the automatic berths. 1 team none , 2 teams 1, 3 teams 1 , 4 teams 2, 5 teams 2, 6 teams 3 and so on.

I got my info from the video on the tssaa website about the Z plan, if they changed their minds since the video then im wrong, but if the video is correct then you split the number in half and always round down to determine the automatic berths. 1 team none , 2 teams 1, 3 teams 1 , 4 teams 2, 5 teams 2, 6 teams 3 and so on.

You might be right;

But do keep in mind that all district games count toward where you finish in the District.

For example:

If Westmoreland beat GP and finished with a record of 1-5 in the District, but GP went 2-4 in District play, then GP would get the automatic berth because they finished higher in the overall district standings.

It comes down to the highest finishers within the District on who gets the automatic bid, not just that game.

If they were tied say 3-3 and 3-3 in district play, then head to head would determine.

how will all this work when the playoffs roll around??? It looks like some schools will bask in fact that they can go 1-9 and make the playoffs every year.

Take for instance 9AA with the only 3A teams being Goodpasture and Westmorland. all you have to do is win that game for a playoff berth. I dont agree with that, especially when you have 4 3A teams in 10AA they could have sent 1 north to make it a little more viable.

I think they got 12AA right all the way thru. 4 and 4

Then if you look at some of the A districts. Loretto is the lone 2A schol in their district. talk about a hook-up for the mustangs.

Loretto will be a 2A school in a A classification along with Richland. They dropped down a class due to enrollment. Lewis, Hickman, Hapeth, etc... in their old district are now 3A teams in class AA.

A= 1A and 2A

AA= 3A and 4A

AAA= 5A and 6A

District 11

Camden (3A)

Cheatham Co. (3A)

Harpeth (3A

Stewart Co. (3A)

Waverly (3A)

Creek Wood (4A)

Montgomery Central (4A)

I'll take it. Compared to what Camden was facing if they stayed west (a district with all 4Aschools except Camden) this is much more doable. Long time rivals Waverly, new rivals Stewart Co in football and Creekwood and Waverly as rivals in softball....sounds good to me.

Welcome to 11AA Camden! We hate to see Sycamore who's been a member since they became a school leave and Fairview who joined just a few years ago leave, but the Highway 70 district will be a lot of fun. It'll be interesting to see how this all works out. For next year's Harpeth seniors, it will be their 3rd district in 4 years. They've played Waverly twice and Cheatham once in their careers, but have scrimmaged or played JV with Montgomery Central and Creekwood most years.

While I think this version of 11AA could become a good football district, it's historically been very good in basketball and baseball.

You might be right;

But do keep in mind that all district games count toward where you finish in the District.

For example:

If Westmoreland beat GP and finished with a record of 1-5 in the District, but GP went 2-4 in District play, then GP would get the automatic berth because they finished higher in the overall district standings.

It comes down to the highest finishers within the District on who gets the automatic bid, not just that game.

If they were tied say 3-3 and 3-3 in district play, then head to head would determine.

Ah I didnt consider that, you are correct about that.

I understand the intentions of the T$$AA with this realignment..but...I think a lot of teams might be getting the shaft when the playoffs come around. at the same time I have a mind to say if you can't cut the mustard, tough!

District record counting towards qualifying for the playoffs just doesn't seem (i hate to say it) fair. why should my record versus 4 teams in a larger division for district play count toward how I stack up versus teams of my same caliber for the playoffs??

I also think it's funny that this reclass under the guise of saving on gas $, comes after gas prices have dropped 40%.