Middle Tennessee Class AA districts for 2009-13

rocketman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the intentions of the T$$AA with this realignment..but...I think a lot of teams might be getting the shaft when the playoffs come around. at the same time I have a mind to say if you can't cut the mustard, tough!

District record counting towards qualifying for the playoffs just doesn't seem (i hate to say it) fair. why should my record versus 4 teams in a larger division for district play count toward how I stack up versus teams of my same caliber for the playoffs??

I also think it's funny that this reclass under the guise of saving on gas $, comes after gas prices have dropped 40%.

First of all, who really thinks that gas prices are going to stay around $2 for the next 4 years? Secondly, if every district is a mix of lower class and higher class teams, there schedules will be similar. In most districts there's a lot of room for scheduling teams in your classification outside of the district. If you're in a 7 team district and 4 teams are a higher classification, schedule 4 teams in the lower classification for your remaining games to balance the schedule. If you do make it to the playoffs, playing the higher classification schools should pay dividends. This is just the 3 class football system we played with forever before watering it down anyway. 8AAA is the same as it was forever with the exception of Coffee County getting moved out.

Welcome to 11AA Camden! We hate to see Sycamore who's been a member since they became a school leave and Fairview who joined just a few years ago leave, but the Highway 70 district will be a lot of fun. It'll be interesting to see how this all works out. For next year's Harpeth seniors, it will be their 3rd district in 4 years. They've played Waverly twice and Cheatham once in their careers, but have scrimmaged or played JV with Montgomery Central and Creekwood most years.

While I think this version of 11AA could become a good football district, it's historically been very good in basketball and baseball.

Why in the world would they pull Fairview out of this district and put them in a district that now has 8 teams. The obvious choice would have been to leave Fairview in and put Cheatham in District 9. Take Macon County out of district 9 and put them in district 8. This would have given each of these four districts 7 teams. Now you have district 8 with only six teams. Districts 9 and 11 have 7 teams. District 12 has 8 teams. It is pretty obvious somebody was pulling the political strings to get what they wanted. Just can figure out if its Macon County over Cheatham County.

Why in the world would they pull Fairview out of this district and put them in a district that now has 8 teams. The obvious choice would have been to leave Fairview in and put Cheatham in District 9. Take Macon County out of district 9 and put them in district 8. This would have given each of these four districts 7 teams. Now you have district 8 with only six teams. Districts 9 and 11 have 7 teams. District 12 has 8 teams. It is pretty obvious somebody was pulling the political strings to get what they wanted. Just can figure out if its Macon County over Cheatham County.

I assure you cheatham county had no strings to pull because there is no one that supports any of the programs within the school. administration could care less

I know from a very credible source that Hickman, East, and Lewis wanted Fairview to go south to give them 4 teams in the district, thus 2 auto playoff bids. Fairview agreed with the move, especially since East and Hickman are on the downslide. well, Hickman is on the downslide and East is trying to work up. pretty good situation for Fairview and Lewis in my opinion. Natural rivals stay intact on Hwy 100. think about this district now? you have the top 3 teams from 6AA and the top 3 (w/o DL) teams in 5AAA in the same district. stout to be sure. there will be very few sure things on the district schedule. exciting football!

I know from a very credible source that Hickman, East, and Lewis wanted Fairview to go south to give them 4 teams in the district, thus 2 auto playoff bids. Fairview agreed with the move, especially since East and Hickman are on the downslide. well, Hickman is on the downslide and East is trying to work up. pretty good situation for Fairview and Lewis in my opinion. Natural rivals stay intact on Hwy 100. think about this district now? you have the top 3 teams from 6AA and the top 3 (w/o DL) teams in 5AAA in the same district. stout to be sure. there will be very few sure things on the district schedule. exciting football!

so, did this "credible source" speak to all the sports fans in Hickman County? what in the world is that supposed to mean? you make it past the first round in the playoffs and all of a sudden you assume that we are somehow scared of the dreaded Yellow Jackets? apparently you have forgotten who won our meeting earlier this year.....yes, I know, your comeback will be that you are still playing and that we have gone on to basketball season, and of course I can't argue with that....but, I am fairly satisfied that you will join us tomorrow night....your cinderella season is about over....oh yea, i will be sure to pass on the fear we are supposed to have of you guys to our basketball coaches..... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I understand the intentions of the T$$AA with this realignment..but...I think a lot of teams might be getting the shaft when the playoffs come around. at the same time I have a mind to say if you can't cut the mustard, tough!

District record counting towards qualifying for the playoffs just doesn't seem (i hate to say it) fair. why should my record versus 4 teams in a larger division for district play count toward how I stack up versus teams of my same caliber for the playoffs??

I also think it's funny that this reclass under the guise of saving on gas $, comes after gas prices have dropped 40%.

I look at JCM who took Camden's spot as the only 3A team in district 13. How will they ever make the playoffs playing against Jackson South Side, Lexington, Bolivar etc.... when there are going to be no guaranteed 3A playoff berths from district 13 ? Seriously stinks for them...boy I sure am glad the TSSAA finally cut Camden a little slack.

so, did this "credible source" speak to all the sports fans in Hickman County? what in the world is that supposed to mean? you make it past the first round in the playoffs and all of a sudden you assume that we are somehow scared of the dreaded Yellow Jackets? apparently you have forgotten who won our meeting earlier this year.....yes, I know, your comeback will be that you are still playing and that we have gone on to basketball season, and of course I can't argue with that....but, I am fairly satisfied that you will join us tomorrow night....your cinderella season is about over....oh yea, i will be sure to pass on the fear we are supposed to have of you guys to our basketball coaches..... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

First, let me say I would come back with the classic "at least we are still playing. nannynannybobo" comeback. but in this instance it won't be necessary. I could also use the ever popular verbiage made infamous by Hickman and East fans when they start calling each other illiterate inbreeds, but I won't do that either. Oh, and I haven't forgotten who won our meeting earlier this year it was 7-6 and neither team scored an Offensive TD(not a really great argument for you either, huh?) I'm not bitter, it turned out OK for us.

Anyways, I knew after I posted the famous last words "credible source" that I'd see a crap storm. so here it is, I talked to a dear friend and former colleague who was in Murfreesboro for the meeting today with other coaches and athletics administrators. At this meeting is where this discussion between the coaches took place. it was more of a collective contentment with the realignment based on continuing rivalries and the added bonus of 2 auto bids.

All said, I'm afraid that you read my post with the wrong colored spectacles. When I spoke of each school I was referring to the coaches not the whole community which obviously contains people who try to read between the lines to often.

First, let me say I would come back with the classic "at least we are still playing. nannynannybobo" comeback. but in this instance it won't be necessary. I could also use the ever popular verbiage made infamous by Hickman and East fans when they start calling each other illiterate inbreeds, but I won't do that either. Oh, and I haven't forgotten who won our meeting earlier this year it was 7-6 and neither team scored an Offensive TD(not a really great argument for you either, huh?) I'm not bitter, it turned out OK for us.

Anyways, I knew after I posted the famous last words "credible source" that I'd see a crap storm. so here it is, I talked to a dear friend and former colleague who was in Murfreesboro for the meeting today with other coaches and athletics administrators. At this meeting is where this discussion between the coaches took place. it was more of a collective contentment with the realignment based on continuing rivalries and the added bonus of 2 auto bids.

All said, I'm afraid that you read my post with the wrong colored spectacles. When I spoke of each school I was referring to the coaches not the whole community which obviously contains people who try to read between the lines to often.

Nice reply. I didn't see anything in your previous post to take offense to. Maybe just sour grapes? We get that too here in Lewis Co. Good luck Friday night. If we don't see yall this year we will next.

Yeah, lighten up dawgballfan, there was nothing to take offense to in fviewallday's post. There is some jockeying by administrators and coaches during reclassification. It's no secret that Camden wanted to be in the middle Tennessee district 11AA rather than in the Jackson area district. Huntingdon and Riverside dropped down a class in west Tennessee and Richland and Loretto dropped down a class in the southern middle Tennessee area. Camden is closer to Waverly and Stewart County than to any of the teams left in their old district. Sycamore was always going north and east and out of 11AA from the first trial run at the district realignments last Spring and they were more or less for it because of travel reasons. That left Waverly, Stewart Co, Harpeth and Cheatham in 3A and Creekwood and Mont. Central in 4A. In the south of I-40 portion of the region, there were only 3-3A teams in Hickman, East Hickman and Lewis County with 4-4A teams with Spring Hill, Page, Marshall Co. and Giles Co. It kind of made sense to move Fairview down there to balance the district. This will give 11AA and 12AA more opportunities to put 3A teams in the playoffs. It's just math. Don't let it bother you too much. It actually works out better for Hickman County this way. Trust me.

Don't get me wrong, there were some surprised folks. I text messaged the new district to a coach and he was completely stunned that it went down this way. Looking at the maps, it makes perfect sense to me. Harpeth's travel is going to be increased in basketball and baseball with the addition of Camden and loss of Fairview, but really, it's only 20 more minutes down highway 70. Football is probably traveling less in the new setup. I do hope that the Indians will maintain rivalries with East Hickman and Fairview and hopefully Hickman County because those are close drives and good competition. Not missing the drives to Lewis, Loretto and Richland though. Those were long.

I look at JCM who took Camden's spot as the only 3A team in district 13. How will they ever make the playoffs playing against Jackson South Side, Lexington, Bolivar etc.... when there are going to be no guaranteed 3A playoff berths from district 13 ? Seriously stinks for them...boy I sure am glad the TSSAA finally cut Camden a little slack.

Beat them and/or end the seson in 1st or 2nd place in the District and they are in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />