Warren County Lady Pioneers

14pioneers

Where is your alma mater ???? And by the way welcome to the T

Beech High School in Hendersonville-- I went to school with the Wilkinson girls father and know the stress they were under during the summer as what to do. I can't lie, I begged him to move back home and send her to school here. She is even a better softball player.

This coacht thing is all new to me and I've found it to be a big source of information so I decided to join in. It's interesting to read other people's perspectives on players and teams from inside and outside point of views.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to this forum. I myself am discusted to see what they are doing to these young girls. I agree from what I have seen they go in and come out within 10 seconds it's insane! Anyone who has played knows from a players prospective it takes at least 3 to 4 passes up and down a court to get comfortable. They look like scared little rabbits out there. I've have seen these girls play when they feel comfortable. Laura Mckinnley,Macolly and the Wilkerson girl are some awsome players and have the potencial of playing for a magor college if coached properly. I saw Wilkerson this summer play for a team in the boro at an AAu tournament that my kid was in. This is not the same girl you are seeing now. She was unstopable! I think she scored like 20 points that game. She is super fast on the dribble and can do a layup with her eyes closed. These were some really good teams too. I have watched 3 of the games she played in this season so far and don't think she dribbled for a layup once. She looks frieghtened to play at a game that comes natural to her. Also HOW TALL IS SHE! How many girls have you seen that tall,that can run really fast, and are still cordinated enough not to get a walk? WC coach should be taking this child under her wing and make her the star she could potencially be. It makes a sports fan sick to hear other parents dishing this girl. I heard one say " she should have stayed with the freshman looks like she can't handle Varsity." I don't believe this at all. McKinnly is an awsome defensive player and with work could really do a lot for WC. She's a real scraper and will fight for a ball if need be. I think the coach needs to reavaulate her coaching methodes with these young players and put them in the zone. Not every kid is the same some need a little more friendship then others! I agree if things don't change and these kids want to play college ball they need to start shopping for a better school sports program. Just a question how many girls have left WC with a Basketball scholarship in the past 20 years, can anyone name them? Go Pioneers!!!!!

Wow! I didn't know there was such passion about Warren County basketball but I'm finding out it's enormous. I agree with everything you said. I have heard the Warren County coach has lost over 200 games. Does anyone know if that's true and if so where can that information be found. Why in the world does anybody keep a coach that has that bad of a record.

Beech High School in Hendersonville-- I went to school with the Wilkinson girls father and know the stress they were under during the summer as what to do. I can't lie, I begged him to move back home and send her to school here. She is even a better softball player.

This coacht thing is all new to me and I've found it to be a big source of information so I decided to join in. It's interesting to read other people's perspectives on players and teams from inside and outside point of views.

Admirer, welcome to Coacht. This site will give you many things and maybe many you would care not to know. IMO, some bay be biased at to views, some may even be excitable but very few, if any, do not have havve the school and game at HEART. All of the time the players interest is at the top of the list. but even that grays some times. Don't know Wilkinson but the name has come up. In stress situations its best to leave everything alone and let the family take care of their business.

Hope you post again and hope every sport you are involved in has a winning season.

Well ' admirer' in response I'm not one to dis a coach as I know its a really hard job, it's hard to make everyone happy all the time, but I don't know how they do things in Hendersonville but if you know anything about this town we are all related in someway. I don't have any real facts about the coach in questions record, 200 lost games seems like a whole lotta games. Uhmm! I don't know about that. I can say that she's had a really long career in Warren County. Some good years and some bad. I can also say she got Warren County High School Female Coach of the Year in 2005. I can also tell you her brother is the Athletic director for Warren County schools. Not a good idea! Conflict of interest.

I guess in reality the only way to measure the success of a coach is to go back and ask some of her former players! I know in years past that a lot of potencially good players have left the program because they couldn't play for her. Why I don't know. I'm not one to listen to rumors just what I see on the court. I stated my feelings on that in my last reply. There are a lot of excellent coaches in this county that are overlooked. Boyd has some great coaches (Chris Sullins) and (Majors). The middle school has some good ones ( Monica Moore and Anthony Brewer). These coaches are held with great admoration from former players. Their records also show that they can compete, were as the High Schools records show that there's a problem. The real question is how many of their kids are they sending to college? Just forget about complaining she's untouchable. Bloodlines run deep here.

You guys have really got me interested in your program, especially since I have an attachment in some way with one of the players. I'll do some research and see what I can find out about the past and player feelings. I'll let you know.

I do know the Wilkinson girl has a softball interest first and basketball second so I don't think there will be any concerns over the basketball program if things don't work out. Mr Wilkinson is very involved with the University of Tennessee and is personal friends with Fulmer (don't know what that's worth now?!), Summitt and The Weakleys that coach softball. I would think the college thing is wrapped up in softball if she plays as well as expected.

I may try and make the White Co game this weekend. They are always a very well coached team.

You guys have really got me interested in your program, especially since I have an attachment in some way with one of the players. I'll do some research and see what I can find out about the past and player feelings. I'll let you know.

I do know the Wilkinson girl has a softball interest first and basketball second so I don't think there will be any concerns over the basketball program if things don't work out. Mr Wilkinson is very involved with the University of Tennessee and is personal friends with Fulmer (don't know what that's worth now?!), Summitt and The Weakleys that coach softball. I would think the college thing is wrapped up in softball if she plays as well as expected.

I may try and make the White Co game this weekend. They are always a very well coached team.

'Adimer' I would have to agree with PHargis it's best not to speak for other people. You will find this site very interesting and informative and hear somethings that aren't always fact. The girl is a very good ball player and a good girl that any coach would appreciate and be happy to work with. I wish her and her parents the best of luck. If she is better at softball well then thats wonderful Upton will be very thankful I'm sure. But that's something better to let the parents express on line for the world to see. I don't think her parents would like it too much. Yes do come to the game we need all the support we can get. Go Poineers!!!!

Wow! I didn't know there was such passion about Warren County basketball but I'm finding out it's enormous. I agree with everything you said. I have heard the Warren County coach has lost over 200 games. Does anyone know if that's true and if so where can that information be found. Why in the world does anybody keep a coach that has that bad of a record.

well you could be right about the record and i have seen this team play and you have left out one player bree smith is an awesome up and coming player. I dont know her classification i think freshman with a little more work on her game they may forget about the wilkinson girl and i have watched the wilkinson girl and she just seems lost i dont really see it as the coaches fault. The girl may very well be a good player i went just to see her and was not impressed watch out for bowman and smith.

I can think of some players from Warren County that played at the collegiate level. As far as the scholarship money they received I have no clue.

1. Jennifer Wilson: Trevecca Nazarene University, Nashville 1999-00, 00-01, 01-02, 02-03 4x NAIA All-American and Academic All-American sr year, "set school record of 2,109 points, set 18 Trevecca women's basketball records and led the team to 4 NAIA National Tournaments." I believe Jennifer received a full ride.

2. Jessica Grayson: Columbia State Community College 00-01, 01-02; Austin Peay State University 02-03, 03-04

3. LeAnne Pelham: Motlow State Community College 04-05, 05-06; Tennessee Weselyan 06-07, 07-08

4. Coach Ann Eades: Belmont University. more than 20 yrs /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

5. Monica Moore: MTSU???? Did she walk-on a couple of years??

So, all you ladies that pull that practice and uniform jersey over your head for the LADY PIONEERS, yes, you can make it to the next level if that is your dream. DON'T GIVE UP! GO PIONEERS!!

After years of reading the Warren County posts in every sport and a parent of athletes in the programs, I decided to shed some light on the current situation as a PARENT who knows what's going on and not as a spectator looking from the outside. I've never posted on any website of any kind and decided to join here and hopefully as a group we can make WC a contender in all sports and not be the laughing stock of the region.

It seems the biggest concern continues to be the girls basketball program which has continued to deteriorate under the current system. Are coaches to blame? I don't know, as my daughter has played in this system for some time and we have never left it to the coaches to teach her. As a coach myself, you only have so much time and if the only work you get is in practice, you're only fooling yourself. I agree the won loss record is not very good, as a matter of fact, it is bad. The player potential has been average at best with a few above average players either quitting outright or going to other programs in an effort not to play for Coach Eades. I personally have had no problem with the coach but I know there is a numerous amount of parents and players that despise her coaching methods, in particular the way she treats the players. If in the future I have a problem with any coach, I will address it face to face with that coach and will post it here for all to see so there will be no question as to what was said.

As far as players, as someone said in an earlier post, "one will make you forget about another"-- that is ridiculous to say and think and could have only come from someone who has a grudge against another player. There is no place for this garbage and I would rather not see it in this setting. Sounds like someone from the middle school trying to promote one of their players. There are more players on the current roster from the county than the middle school, but who cares where they're from. I'm interested in results. It seems the thing to do in Warren County is to find a good athlete and see how fast we can tear them down. It's sad to see this and it used to not be this way.

Now to the players: I've watched and have been a part of this program for a long time and it is my opinion as well as every other parent and fan I've spoken with that this current group and the players coming up give Warren County the best opportunity in years to be a very good team. The three Freshman on the Varsity team are excellent players and can compliment each other's game. They all have excellent ball handling abilities, a good shot from inside and outside and one has enormous size and speed which is an uncommon trait. There also is a few good players on the Freshman team that will contribute also. Combine these with the players coming back next year and some leadership from the Juniors and Seniors to be and things should get exciting. My question is will the coaching staff make the right moves and decisions and let the girls play? What they are doing now is not gonna fly much longer. Too complicated, too much confusion and no rebounding! You can't win if you can't rebound, period. You also have to hit free throws and make the 'gimme" layups. That is coaching and it has to get better.

Someone made the comment earlier that the coaching would never change. I wouldn't be so fast to say that as I know of a lot of influential people in the community who are making moves right now for change if this current group of players start heading down the wrong path. There are also some parents who played for Warren County in the past and had lots of success and they want to see their child have the same experience. They have made sure that eveyone involved in the decision making is paying attention. They have also gone so far as to involve the media in the event they need to have more visible support, and I'm not talking about the Standard.

As for the college thing, there are only 3 coaches in the current system who have helped, or should I say have made an effort to aggressively promote their athletes with college coaches and they are Todd Willmore, David Upton and Franklin Fisher. The rest of them are lost when it comes to this. I went through it in football and have heard horror stories from college coaches on how they feel about Warren County girls basketball. As for the ones you listed that have played in college, for most of them it was done by the parents. If you have trouble believing this call the head coaches at MTSU, TN Tech, Motlow, Vanderbilt and the recruiting coordinator for UT. They don't even bother making a call anymore and that is sad. In my opinion, if a coach doesn't pursue the best college options for their players, or even worse blocks college recruiters from having access to the player; that is the same as stealing.

Unfortunately we are living in a win at all cost society and I don't think winning is the end all for Warren County. I do think our coaches should be held accountable for how well their teams perform in their respective sport. They should be evaluated at the end of every season and goals should be put in place for the upcoming season. (I've yet to hear any of my kids come home with a goal of any kind for the upcoming game, much less the season.) If the athletic director, or principal or whoever's in charge doesn't see the progress made acceptable, changes should be made. That's the way it is at every other school and that's the way it is in life. I know someone's gonna come back with the same old, " but you don't understand, we're all related here and the Principal is tight with the superintendent and the athletic director is the basketball coaches brother"--- so what. Maybe then it's time to come together and overthrow the entire administration. There is never a reason to put your personal interest ahead of what's best for the school and more importantly the student athlete.

I look forward to the seasons ahead and am cheering hard for WC.