Warren County Basketball

14pioneers

You think maybe the paper will NOW cover these boys? I never can find out nothing about how they do unless I go our ask my child who goes to the high school. They really deserve more coverage than what they have gotten this season......

[/quote

I think the sports editor has done a great job considering he is the photographer, editor, and writer of the paper. Throw into that he has to cover 2 high schools, 2 middle schools and 5 elementary schools which all have boys and girls, varsity and JV, and freshmen not to mention Jaycee and church league. I hate to break it to you but the freshmen is in the middle of the priority list. The sports editor should never have to go out of town to cover a sports team. There is always a game going on in the county that somebody's mom thinks is important.

Of course you could always start your own paper.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think maybe the paper will NOW cover these boys? I never can find out nothing about how they do unless I go our ask my child who goes to the high school. They really deserve more coverage than what they have gotten this season......

[/quote

I think the sports editor has done a great job considering he the photographer, editor, and writer of the paper. Throw into that he has to cover 2 high schools, 2 middle schools and 5 elementary schools which all have boy and girls, varsity and JV, and freshmen not to mention Jaycee and church league. I hate to break it to you but freshmen in the middle of the priority list. The sports editor should never have to go out of town to cover a sports team. There is always a game going on in the county that somebody's mom thinks is important.

Of course you could always start your own paper.

I am very aware of all the other teams that has to be covered, no new news....I am also aware about not traveling out of town. However, he does have a phone and I am sure he could call the other papers and get the information. I am not a mom don't even have a child on the team. But when you have a varsity team struggling at best in the same district that the freshmen are co-champions in a little coverage every now and then would be nice just for morale if nothing else.

You got jokes and I like a sense of humor, but don't really see any of this as funny. Maybe he needs some help since there are soooooooo many teams to cover and he just can't be everywhere all the time to please some "mom" that wants her superstar in the paper. Don't understand why it always goes back to the "mom" comment everytime someone just tries to voice their thoughts/concerns....Guess thats why, like I said earlier, I always have to ask around to find out anything.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this spat, but the sports ed did have some help in Dale Stubblefield. From my understanding he has been moved to another position. For one sports editior there is alot out there and I think he does pretty good. He may appreciate someone taking a few pics and providing him with some stats and he would put it in there for you. I agree that the freshmen are co-champs and have a good team and thank you for being nice and saying the varsity is struggling at best. Middle school & freshmen have been winning for years, but it doesn't translate to varsity for some reason. I have heard it for years "Wait til this bunch gets up there". Bottom line is that freshmen usually don't get much love in any sport or in any county for that matter. Went through that last year and have had four nephews and a niece go through it.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this spat, but the sports ed did have some help in Dale Stubblefield. From my understanding he has been moved to another position. For one sports editior there is alot out there and I think he does pretty good. He may appreciate someone taking a few pics and providing him with some stats and he would put it in there for you. I agree that the freshmen are co-champs and have a good team and thank you for being nice and saying the varsity is struggling at best. Middle school & freshmen have been winning for years, but it doesn't translate to varsity for some reason. I have heard it for years "Wait til this bunch gets up there". Bottom line is that freshmen usually don't get much love in any sport or in any county for that matter. Went through that last year and have had four nephews and a niece go through it.

I appreciate your input and hear what your saying. Thanks

CONGRATS TO THE FRESHMEN TEAM!!! WAY TO GO! WOW!! not an easy district. I heard they will play sometime Saturday in Lebanon not sure time yet. Also heard will either play Oakland or Sparta. You think maybe the paper will NOW cover these boys? I never can find out nothing about how they do unless I go our ask my child who goes to the high school. They really deserve more coverage than what they have gotten this season......

Freshman play sparta 1:00 pm sat lebanon

I, for one, was glad to see Dale Stubblefield go. He had a very shallow knowledge of any sport he covered, And talk about a homer for his kids, I believe they were in every picture he took , in some form or fashion. But, Hey!! We all love our kids, don't we.

I, for one, was glad to see Dale Stubblefield go. He had a very shallow knowledge of any sport he covered, And talk about a homer for his kids, I believe they were in every picture he took , in some form or fashion. But, Hey!! We all love our kids, don't we.

I'll have to disagree with you about Dale. I believe he is the new athletic director @ Boyd and a good man. I'm sure he knows the sports of football, baseball and volleyball just to mention a few. I have to give you props on your pics and your record. Even your point spreads are really close.

Anyway, GO PIONEERS!!!!! and good luck to the Freshmen tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does the "SWAMI" think about our freshmen winning the 7aaa tourney this year?

Wow what a game the Pioneers had last night against Siegel!

All though we came out 15 points shy at the buzzer,they must have played great.

Wish I would have been there, J.Walker even got a little gitty on the radio.

Sounded like the Pioneers got so fired up last night they nearly cleared the bench,

after Kyrie was intentional shoved resulting in a double technical.

The pioneers out scored them by 8 points in the 4th. Final Score 89-74 in Siegel??™s favor.

Great job boys! Nitro I think Swami will have to look in his crystal ball a little harder next week. LOL

Best third and fourth quarter all season. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

..............Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final

Siegel...... 18 29 24 18 89

W County 12 16 20 26 74

Sounded like the Pioneers got so fired up last night they nearly cleared the bench,

The pioneers out scored them by 8 points in the 4th. Final Score 89-74 in Siegel??™s favor.

Great job boys! Nitro I think Swami will have to look in his crystal ball a little harder next week. LOL

Best third and fourth quarter all season. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

W County 12 16 20 26 74

Yes, great job guys! Don't back down from anyone. I see this as a major stepping stone. Keep it up and finish!!

W County 12 16 20 26 74

I was at the game last night and I was very impressed our boys came out in a zone instead of man to man like they normally do and caused some problems for Siegel getting the ball inside. The Pioneers came with the heart last night, and after the double technical the boys seemed to play even harder. Siegel went for a couple of dunks and some easy layups but the Pioneers went in and fouled the Stars so they couldn't get the easy basket. Jaylan Mount had a nice block towards the end of the game too. I was so proud and impressed with our boys last night I hope they can bring that same intensity to the Cookeville game Tuesday night.