This may settle all the debate...Please Read!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My work colleagues who work in Dallas do pay considerably more on Property Taxes than we do here in Tennessee. In fact if you are in the Plano area it is approx 2-3 times greater than an equivalent house here in the Nashville area. The school systems there do seem to be of an extremely high quality regardless whether it is academics, fine arts or athletics. They are also big so maybe they can save some expenses by pooling a lot of students into one location.

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

a lot of the education is paid for by the oil companies and developers, they do a great job of keeping the communities looking good.

The revenue generated through sales and property taxes doesn't cover all of the cost of education. The lottery (or "voluntary tax") helps some and the entire state has a tax sharing plan to send money from richer school districts to poor ones. They have a lot of "creative" ways to fund education.

Posted by just1np:

VolunteerGeneral, I believe it was you that used the phrase,"Things that make you go hmmmm,".

Well, I'll use that quote in regards to the fact that you tried to rekindle this debate and yet all that is being talked about is Texas.

:rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmm....I was just wondering the same thing. How did we go from Madison Academic Magnet School to Texas? Well, I`ll say it again...if this school does not do well in sports, then the public whiners have lost a lot of bite in their argument.

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:
Posted by just1np:

VolunteerGeneral, I believe it was you that used the phrase,"Things that make you go hmmmm,".

Well, I'll use that quote in regards to the fact that you tried to rekindle this debate and yet all that is being talked about is Texas.

;)

Hmmmmmmm....I was just wondering the same thing. How did we go from Madison Academic Magnet School to Texas? Well, I`ll say it again...if this school does not do well in sports, then the public whiners have lost a lot of bite in their argument.

Like I have said before... this is the wrong time of the year for this debate! Most of us are busy preparing for this week and next weeks games and jamborees! Wait until November 2nd and we'll all start the debate with a fresh new perspective! :D Right now it's time to shut up and play ball! :)