Greeneville's New Conference Schedule Set

WGRV

If GHS wants something then let's make sure they get it, right. How can you GHS fans call your team victims? They are in the quarterfinals of the playoffs this week, and they haven't lost that game yet and maybe they won't. I completely understand what your saying about playing larger schools. Let's be honest, we all know it's not so much the number of students that a school has (Alcoa for example), it's the quality of the coaches and dedication and hard work of the players. You can have all the athletic talent in the world, but without the right person to lead and guide them, they probably won't have much success. If the Greene county high schools were lucky enough to have a top notch coach like GHS does, it would be a more level playing field. Urban schools will beat rural schools most of the time because they usually have a better (& paid) and larger coaching staff. With GHS's athlectic records and coaching staff there was no reason to come back to 2A when they already had achieved much success where they were. If you were losing it would have made more sense to everyone. I have read many comments on here that are coming from GHS people, as well as others, downing the district GHS will be in next year. Just thought you should know, the county schools don't appreciate it. I'm sure you don't care, but we do. What if next year your team has a down year and a couple of the stronger county teams beat you. It would make you look as stupid as you are trying to make us look. Don't you think our players want to win as much as yours do? I graduated from Greeneville and had 3 family members play football there (all 3 played for Sorrells & 1 for Zeller, all 3 got FB scholarships, one got a D1 ride). One of them was on the team that went to the 4th round in the playoffs (only time in GHS's FB history, so far). I've watched GHS play football from the early 70's until a just a few years ago, so I'm not a Devil hater. It just seems the attitude has changed, atleast the fans attitudes have, or maybe it's just a handful of posters on here making your school look bad. What I have been seeing on here sounds like spoiled children that don't appreciate what they have & want more. Just don't act like such snobs. It makes your boys look bad and I'm sure they are not the ones on here talking trash.

Is there any particular reason you decided to direct this comment at me? Please point out the exact sentence in the post you quoted that was in any way disrespectful to the county schools. If you are gonna call me out like this you had better have a reason otherwise you're the one who's gonna look stupid.

Now since you brought it up, lets talk about your urban vs rural theory...surely you did not mean to insinuate that Greeneville was an "urban" school...we are nearly as rural as the county schools......And Alcoa, they play in their assigned class and win state championships...pulling talent from the Knoxville metro area.(now that's an urban area) I don't think its unreasonable for Greeneville to do the same....And you should have more faith in the great young coaches that the counties have now....they are smart and capable and having Greeneville on the schedule will be a great challenge that I'm sure they will respond well to. Maybe if you looked a bit more closely to those who posted on this thread you will find an awful lot of Mountain Lakes and Five rivers fans who can't resist doggin' Greeneville for accepting reassignment....And maybe you should just get over yourself.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen just as many G posters as others. You are one of the very people who speak of the WEAK region and the need to schedule tough non-con games next year because you need to stay sharp. I bet you didn't even go to GHS, did you? You seem to be the self proclaimed genius of GHS fb. as well as everything else. You are one of the snobs I mentioned before. AND YOU SHOULD GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would it make you an the county schools feel better if we just flat out lie an say the conference is going to be one of the best conferences next year an Greeneville is going to lose all there conference games. Come on man use your head. be realistic the conference is weak an chances are Greeneville is going to be the big dog for the next few years.

You could try keeping your mouth shut! That would be nice! Why do you need to judge the confrence, do you play for GHS!

lol wow county boy your overalls are on a little tight there. Throw in a fat chew or take a swig of some of that white lightning an take a chill pill man its hunting season. Why cant i judge the conference its my opinion right? everyones entitled to there own opinion. look man the conference IS WEAK i hate to brake it to you but it is. I dont play for GHS now but i did play under the Z.

Whoa now, everyone who is getting excited in the last few post are Greene countians. We all want our schools programs to be successful. The way I understand it when playoff time comes around Greeneville and the other 4a school will be in a division of 4a only, the other schools will be in a 3a playoff.

Therefore a 3a and hopefully a 4a team from greene county will advance in the playoffs.

Negative feelings amoung fellow county residents is the main reason greeneville ask to be assigned to region 1.

I have seen just as many G posters as others. You are one of the very people who speak of the WEAK region and the need to schedule tough non-con games next year because you need to stay sharp. I bet you didn't even go to GHS, did you? You seem to be the self proclaimed genius of GHS fb. as well as everything else. You are one of the snobs I mentioned before. AND YOU SHOULD GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to point out exactly whereI spoke of the WEAK schedule? And yes we do need to schedule some tough non-conference games as we split to 4A for the play-offs. No I did not go to GHS, I have only lived here 10 years...6 in the county and 4 in the city. My dad was a high school coach in rural MS in the 50's and 60's so I spent my formative years on the sidelines wrapping ankles and toting water, so I know a little about the game (for an old lady). I would gladly apologize for any posts you thought were snobbish(of course you'll have to point them out), but since I don't appreciate your unprovoked attack I don't think I'll bother.

Barb making friends left an right /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now 1stAndGoal thats no way to talk to an old lady who Jello wrestles now is it

Barb making friends left an right /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now 1stAndGoal thats no way to talk to an old lady who Jello wrestles now is it

Well thats what I get for movin to town I guess...the problem he thinks Queen B is a slam...I'll have you know those of us from the B_ _ _ _ _ clan consider it an honor to be crowned Queen...what a nice promotion.

Well thats what I get for movin to town I guess...the problem he thinks Queen B is a slam...I'll have you know those of us from the B_ _ _ _ _ clan consider it an honor to be crowned Queen...what a nice promotion.

at least he didn't call you a sell out /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't think you were bag-boy

do what? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />