The Official Mean Jean Preseason Poll

meanjean

Greetings, I am about to reveal my preseason poll which will include the top 25 teams in the state of Tennessee regardless of classification. Now let me say that I have been in contact with several well informed fans from all walks of life and some parts in between and have given this all the research necessary to come up with my findings.

I understand that there may be a scattering of fans out there who will disagree on a few minor points but if looking it this poll with logic and a mild temperament, you will see that it is indeed the best poll going today and can only be found here at Coach T dot com. This poll will become a staple, a regular feature if you will and will be updated each week, beginning with the Week O games this Friday night. Thanks for your support and influence, I will make sure and include each and everyone of you on this year's Christmas card list.

The Mean Jean Preseason Top 25

25. Cloudland (They are mad! And they ain't gonna take it no more. Running up them mountains builds strong legs and makes for a bad demeanor!)

24. Alcoa (Never sell a Tornado short! More powerful than a hurricane any day)

23. MBA ( I was a personal friend of Monty Bell and I think he would be proud of his name sakes.)

22. Ezell Hardeman Academy (They got one goal.. 15 TD passes versus Loretto!)

21. Sir David Lipscomb University, Jr. (Their uniforms are prety)

20. Humboldt (Trust me when I tell you this, place all wagers on this team to be this year's dark horse breakout contender.)

19. Ooooooltewah (You don't like the name? Say it with me, Oooooooooo--tel--wahhhhhh! Now you know why they are #19)

18. Collinwood (If Collin would, Collin could!)

17. Fairview (The Yellowjackets are just this good, really!)

16. Portland (Trying to forget the pains of last season's shocking playoff collapse. Their stadium is scary.)

15. Knoxville Austin East (They are the Roadrunners, what more would you want?)

14. Marshall County (They got this guy for a coach that is really intelligent, Mac... uh... well you people in Lewisburg know who I am talking about?)

13. Cleveland (With Drew Carey supporting them, they got to be good!)

12. Hillsboro (Well, they were good two years in row, right?)

11. Cordova (They are home to Dyer's hamburgers, where they haven't emptied their deep fryer in 70 years, seriously! This in itself is reason enough for them to crack the top 25)

10. Tyner Academy of Chattanoogie (Even their managers have been offered Division 1 scholarships)

9. Brentwood Public (Not to be confused with the Academy, this school actually accepts students who don't know the meaning of prestidigitator.)

8. Dobbyns & Bennett of Kingsport, Tennessee (Any school that sounds like a prominent law firm had better be watched closely!)

7. Goodpasture Academy of Excellence (A hard summer of lifeguard duty has got these boys hungry!)

6. Trousdale County (As long as there is a Satterfield, them boys can play in any division)

5. Chattanoogie McCallie (Man, they was doing the old private school thing before most of the ABC schools were even born.)

4. Brentwood Academy of financial learning (The best team that this year's money can buy.)

3. Murfreesboro Riverdale (Now that they no longer got 21,000 kids in grades 10-12, I had to drop them back a spot.)

2. Germantown (Please don't take this wrong, but them Germans are crafty foot soldiers and no how to cover lot's of territory.)

1. Maryville (This is the best team in the state and I live 150 miles from them so don't tell me I am biased!)

[Edited by meanjean on 8-19-02 11:02A]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you left out: morristown west, who deserves a rating of 11; blackman--this team will win the 5a championship,period; oakland--their lethal and should be ranked 4th; lincoln county--their young but they will be a serious contender. finally, ANY OF THE ABOVE TEAMS WOULD SMACK DOBYNS BENNETT ALL OVER THE FIELD.THIS IS THE MOST,BY FAR, OVERRATED TEAM IN THE STATE AND THE NATION,PERIOD.

MEAN JEAN,

I THOUGHT WE WERE PAL'S. A FRIEND THAT LIVES ACROSS I-40 A FEW MILES SHOULD BE WORTH A TOP 25 RANKING. COACH WINKLER HAS TURNED THIS PROGRAM AROUND AND NOW WE GET NO RESPECT. I COULD HAVE TAKEN IT LIKE A MAN BUT COMING FROM YOU IS A LOW PUTDOWN. WE PLAYED YOUR SATTERFIELD BUDDY TOUGH IN SCRIMMAGE WITHOUT THE SERVICES OF THIS YEARS MR. FOOTBALL AT RUNNING BACK AND PUT A GOOD OLE FASHION WHOOPING ON KENWOOD. DON'T YOU REMEMBER HOW WE SENT HUNTINGDON PACKING IN ROUND ONE AND IF NOT FOR THE OFFICIALS AT LEWIS COUNTY A TRIP TO THE BLUE CROSS BOWL WAS DENIED US. YOU ARE THE VERY ONE ON THIS INTERNET WHO SAID HOW THE OFFICIALS ARE BOUGHT OFF AT LEWIS COUNTY. I'LL STOP COMPLAINING AND URGE YOU TO KEEP AN EYE ON WEEK ONE WHEN WE THRASH OUR ILLEGIMATE COUNTY FOE AND THEN TAKE ON THE ONCE POWERFUL PANTHERS THAT WILL PUT US IN FIRST PLACE FOR GOOD THE REST OF THE YEAR. THE REST OF THE PACK INCLUDING YOUR OWN YELLOW FLIES WILL RECEIVE OUR WRATH LATER. GET THE 2A POLL OUT AND GET DOWN TO REAL BUSINESS. :x:x:x:x

Nice poll...however, I was wondering why you listed BA twice??? :confused:

Do they have two teams...dang they must be good...

It's good to see you back meanjean. Is it true that Fairview backed out of the jamboree before they decided to cancel it due to weather problems and that the field was tore up after the night before???

Posted by SACDAWGS:

I was wondering why you listed BA twice..........Is it true that Fairview backed out of the jamboree before they decided to cancel it due to weather problems and that the field was tore up after the night before???

1. I have corrected the Brentwood gaffe which now differentiates between the two.

2. I have been out of Williamson County all week so I can't answer that one. I will be back shortly and investigate though.

Posted by cowboys:

Yes it is true the the ALL mighty yellowjackets backed out before it was cancelled because they didn't want to get their buuts kicked. This team is an average AA school. To rank them and Trousdale in the top 25 is nuts. Also where was BGA. :rolleyes:

No need to get huffy, BGA did good, they was #49, I just didn't have room to list everybody.. thanks for your continued support!

Posted by meanjean:
Posted by cowboys:

Yes it is true the the ALL mighty yellowjackets backed out before it was cancelled because they didn't want to get their buuts kicked. This team is an average AA school. To rank them and Trousdale in the top 25 is nuts. Also where was BGA. :rolleyes:

No need to get huffy, BGA did good, they was #49, I just didn't have room to list everybody.. thanks for your continued support!

Jean- I think you are even meaner than you were last year. Keep up the good work! :D

Posted by coacht:

Jean- I think you are even meaner than you were last year. Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

Thank you Coach T. And even though websites all over America are demanding the official Mean Jean polls, it will always be an exclusive to Coach T Dot Com! I love this place, especially this time of year.

[Edited by meanjean on 8-19-02 12:14P]

[Edited by meanjean on 8-19-02 12:18P]