The Official Mean Jean Preseason Poll

meanjean

Posted by Funman:

Mean Jean......why the bad commets about BA.....the best team money can buy....can't you and the rest of the middle tennessee football fantics come up with some other excuse.

I was confused, somebody told me Lester Flatt was now coaching BA and I thought a lot of Bluegrass money had flowed into the program? Is Earl Scruggs coaching the banjo players?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 Smith County

24 Friendship Christian

23 Ooltewah

22 Baylor

21 Oakland

20 Memphis East

19 Marshall County

18 Germantown

17 Ezell Harding

16 USJ

15 Trousdale County

14 Houston

13 Christian Brothers

12 Brentwood High

11 David Lipscomb

10 Hillsboro

9 CPA

8 McCallie

7 Austin East

6 Portland

5 Goodpasture

4 MBA

3 Brentwood Acad.

2 Riverdale

1 Maryville

MaryvilleRebels-

I wasnt bashing the post; I was just saying that its nothing to get mad and upset about just because a particular team wasnt ranked high enough. I enjoy seeing and talking about rankings, but I also know to take them with a grain of salt, because thats just what they are: conversation pieces. Like I said, I'm not bashing Mean Jean, the post, nor the work put into it. I just hate to see other people get mad over a hypothetical prediction. Thats why I said lets not WORRY about the rankings. Talking about them is great, but lets not get irate about them. I apologize if I was misunderstood.

Go Rebels!!

(Im from Obion County, and we're the Rebels, too!!) :D

MeanJean,

I want to take a brief moment and offer you a word of encouragement. Do not be disheartened by the unsightly bashing your official pre-season poll has received in this thread. The work of a genius is often times critized in more depth than the work of an idiot. You, sir, are a true asset to the CoachT.com community, not to mention the Fairview High School Marching Band.

Please, keep posting your polls and blasting that tuba with pride... YELLOW JACKET PRIDE!

Posted by TheBoredGuy:

MeanJean,

I want to take a brief moment and offer you a word of encouragement. Do not be disheartened by the unsightly bashing your official pre-season poll has received in this thread. The work of a genius is often times critized in more depth than the work of an idiot. You, sir, are a true asset to the CoachT.com community, not to mention the Fairview High School Marching Band.

Please, keep posting your polls and blasting that tuba with pride... YELLOW JACKET PRIDE!

MeanJean is getting meaner as we speak. Tubas do that to you in this weather, you know. Something to do with hot air. :D

Posted by ELA:

:D MEAN JEAN... I hope you make the trip to Celina on Friday. I've got to meet the most infamous man from Fairview. I almost hate to ask... but what is your take on this week's game? :)

[Edited by ELA on 8-22-02 11:02A]

Ok, now don't take this personal Mr. ELA but there just isn't any stopping this edition of the Fairview Yellowjackets. We have power and speed and guile and cunning and bravado and a mighty fine bus driver! I can't see where we have any weaknesses. By the time this year's team is finished, people in Fairview will have forgotten the great teams led by the likes of Danny Greer and Big John Nutt and talking about the 2002 version of the Jackets.

I know that Celina is a long ways off and that your team will be inspired by taking on a 2-A power like us, but when the dust is settled, we will be headed back home with the taste of victory dripping from our lips.

Now then, I am no longer a tuba player for the band. My marching days have been over for a while. Plus, a tuba is no longer my instrument of choice. I am equally adept at the harmonica, mandolin and french harp. Take it easy there Mr. ELA and we look forward to coming to Celina.

Posted by meanjean:
Posted by ELA:

:D MEAN JEAN... I hope you make the trip to Celina on Friday. I've got to meet the most infamous man from Fairview. I almost hate to ask... but what is your take on this week's game? :)

Ok, now don't take this personal Mr. ELA but there just isn't any stopping this edition of the Fairview Yellowjackets. We have power and speed and guile and cunning and bravado and a mighty fine bus driver! I can't see where we have any weaknesses. By the time this year's team is finished, people in Fairview will have forgotten the great teams led by the likes of Danny Greer and Big John Nutt and talking about the 2002 version of the Jackets.

I know that Celina is a long ways off and that your team will be inspired by taking on a 2-A power like us, but when the dust is settled, we will be headed back home with the taste of victory dripping from our lips.

Now then, I am no longer a tuba player for the band. My marching days have been over for a while. Plus, a tuba is no longer my instrument of choice. I am equally adept at the harmonica, mandolin and french harp. Take it easy there Mr. ELA and we look forward to coming to Celina.

Mean Jean

Just heard on TV that if Fairview was to have a winning season this year, town leaders are considering changing the name to Prettygoodview. Say it ain't so. Me and other outraged alumni will saddle up and ride in to the town square and protest. Can we count you in, too?

Posted by salty:
Posted by meanjean:
Posted by ELA:

Mean Jean

Just heard on TV that if Fairview was to have a winning season this year, town leaders are considering changing the name to Prettygoodview. Say it ain't so. Me and other outraged alumni will saddle up and ride in to the town square and protest. Can we count you in, too?

Well, I would do that but I ain't figured out where the twon square is.. HA We'll have to meet on the strip!

Power, my post wasn't targeted towards you or anyone in particular, its just when people add that they think one team should be in the top ten when they aren't even in this guy's top 25 annoys me. Its not that I'm happy because Maryville is on top, I'll be the first to tell ya that we're gunna have to work our butts off to get to first, but when people ask where a certain team is and why they aren't there, well its either because they guy doesn't know about them or doesn't think they are good enough. So just stink it up and take it, you have your opinion, let him have his opinion.