SP at TC

purplegoldfan

Will you please sing this before the game or during halftime for everyone's enjoyment and listening pleasure?

You must be kidding. I am an old football player who has never been known for his singing ability. However, I did sing this song at a local songwriters jam session, and I received one positive comment (not exactly a hit). I can't fathom singing it (or any song) for thousands of people, and that's what we wll have at the game Friday night. Luckily TC has a large seating capacity.

I just hope SP doesn't mess up the verses I am adding when the season is over.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the way the tide has turned; look at the quotes below from PoweP, King Leon, and The Ambassador:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor ole SP...I just hope we can compete! lol This thread has went from Sp a favorite and Tc a underdog to vice versa and back and forward about 10 times....Truth is both teams are equal I think with the only clear advantage being TC special teams. I still think the Pirates prevail though!

PowerP

South Pitt is definately the underdog. TC is the team to beat. Everyone said last year that they would be the team to beat in 2008. I expect them to be the team to beat next year in 2A.

King Leon

Good evening gentlemen. I would have to agree with Leo on this assessment.

I Am Your Ambassador

If this continues, TC may lose its underdog status, and I would hate to see that happen.

Earlier, the SP quotes were so strong that Grunt said he was going to talk to Coach Creasy about forfeiting the game. After these most recent quotes, he may decide to go ahead and play the game.

It's known as subliminal messaging ther , ofbp........they use it all the time in some of these very farout cartoons these days. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Poor ole SP...I just hope we can compete! lol This thread has went from Sp a favorite and Tc a underdog to vice versa and back and forward about 10 times....Truth is both teams are equal I think with the only clear advantage being TC special teams. I still think the Pirates prevail though!

....follow the light ther p......thats it......concentrate on the light......now, repeat after me.....nohope . nohope , nohope /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You must be kidding. I am an old football player who has never been known for his singing ability. However, I did sing this song at a local songwriters jam session, and I received one positive comment (not exactly a hit). I can't fathom singing it (or any song) for thousands of people, and that's what we wll have at the game Friday night. Luckily TC has a large seating capacity.

I just hope SP doesn't mess up the verses I am adding when the season is over.

The hype around town is that Elvis is coming to tha game.....you mite get a chance to let him give you a review /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

word

Man, time just won't go by fast enough. I am looking forward to this fine matchup. I have confidence in the Pirate boys against TC. I think David Jones will have another fabulous night... over 100yds rushing and at least 1 TD. I do think our Defense will win this one though, and maybe special teams. My prediction.

SP-20

TC-14

Man, time just won't go by fast enough. I am looking forward to this fine matchup. I have confidence in the Pirate boys against TC. I think David Jones will have another fabulous night... over 100yds rushing and at least 1 TD. I do think our Defense will win this one though, and maybe special teams. My prediction.

SP-20

TC-14

........the lite pm.....the light......concentrate on tha lite........now repeat after me................. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Probably close to 6. We may go to that Mexican place. KL hasn't decided yet. What would you suggest 7?

To answer your question about where to eat, it depends on what your taste buds are looking for. The Jackets Nest is good traditional burgers from the Krystal size up to the large "Jacket Burger" to hamburger steak, shrimp, or other dinners. It is a small place though, so you might have to get there early. The Mexican will seat more people and it's really good, spicy Mexican food. The Mexican place is just before you get into town on Highway 25 and the Jackets Nest is on the corner of the second red light. We will welcome all. Gates at the field will open at 5:30. Better be there EARLY for this one

Are you usually a "rail bird" or do you plan on sitting in the stands for this one?

27 victories in a row...we went 15-0 last year and we are 12-0 this year since we got awarded a win for Temple dropping.

Old Pirate says there is 2 things that are common with winning streaks. 1. streaks are the result of some fine play,preparation,hard work and some luck. 2. streaks are subject to end with the law of averages reflecting all things must come to an end and things change.

OP says both teams have nice winning streaks and SP's is longer, could that mean it's time to end? Regardless one streak will END Friday night.

OP says a lot has been posted about D1 prospects and scouts being at the game. Bet the house some scouts will be there to watch these two programs beat on each other. Scouts sometimes show up unannounced and incognito to see players when they aren't expecting. The players have difficulty in playing at high levels and tend to slack off against some weaker teams. Man, nobody should be feeling that way this week with these two teams. OP exspects one heck of a slobber knocker and all that witnesses it will be talking for a long time. It'll be 1 more classic battle between these two storied programs that us old timers can discuss for years.