JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

Even if you are not a fan of either the Bulldogs or the Eagles, you need to be at this game on Friday. I believe that it will be that good of a game.

A-MEN!!! Like I said in an earlier post, I have family driving from east TN to come see this game.

For all the Milan fans, there is a City Wide pep-rally on Thursday night at the Church of Christ parking lot. I believe this starts at 7 p.m. Double check in the Milan Mirror tomorrow for official details.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was afraid last year when Milan played JCS. Real worried. Milan won 23-0.

Not much has changed from a year. Milan is still the favorite. Still playing at home.

But Milan has a better team than last year. I have two scores for this game:

If Milan's defensive scheme is to sit back and not pressure the QB

MILAN 28

JCS 27

If Milan suprises us all and comes out with blitz packages and different coverages

MILAN 35

JCS 14

Where do these people come from? They bash us if we stay and compete with them (even after having our enrollment multiplied by the highest rate in the country) and they bash us if we choose to leave.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> The Guru wishes you would all stay. We make each other better. You will be missed. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Guest Advisor

Please, stick to discussing the game. If you want to rant about private schools, there is a place in the forum for that. THIS thread is NOT the place for it!

As long as this thread involves JCS (which last time I checked...is a private school in Jackson) I WILL talk about matters prudent to them and their opponent which is Milan! We all know that this should be a tremendous game Friday! AND......many JCS fans have posted on CoachT how that couldn't compete with the public schools in THIS CLASSIFICATION.....and it just seems ironic that they (the Eagles) are still alive and will play in Milan for a chance to advance to the semi-finals in Class 2A!! SO yes...........this is the place to discuss matters such as this!!!

Furthermore.......I hope JCS wins!! I think they have proved that the "wildcard system" works and is worthy of adoption for all classifications next year!

According to JCS fans......everytime they play Milan or Westview......they end up at the Emergency room..........will someone please keep the Coacht nation informed of the injuries (or lack of) this coming Friday!! Good Luck Eagles........Milan is a tough place to win.........however.....it can be done!! Fans may wanna check out the Chow Wagon...it's really good!

P.S. Why has the Pittsburg Steeler bus been moved from the lot across from Chow Wagon? It's like a land mark in Milan.......!! Where'd it go??

P.S. Why has the Pittsburg Steeler bus been moved from the lot across from Chow Wagon? It's like a land mark in Milan.......!! Where'd it go??

Haha! The bus is across from the high school now actually, as that's where it's owner lives. The parking lot is also owned by the same man. I'm not sure why they specifically moved it, but I believe it was the victim of vandils a while back. Nothing major, just some eggs or something. Don't hold me to that tho.

And yes Chow Wagon is THE place to be on Friday night! But come early however, because it will be PACKED!!! We also have a new resturant behind the car wash across the from the old Walmart called Buffalos. Not been there but I heard it's not too shabby.

If you're in the mood for some BBQ, Northside Market has the best sandwiches, and is Coach Morris' meal of choice before a game! It's not a sit-down place, but you can get a great sandwich to-go, and come on out to Johnnie Hale and enjoy the warm-up and pre-game activities! Northside Market is located next to Graves Chevrolet on Hwy. 45 going towards Bradford (on the North side of town obviously). Be sure to tell them that Em-mo sent you! hahaha

I believe that this will be THE game in Tennessee on Friday night. Whomever wins is going to have to absolutely play their "A" game. JCS will have to have a good balance between the pass and the run. RB Will Johnson can hurt you via the run or as a receiver out of the backfield. He has an uncanny ability to make you miss him when you go to tackle him. Cody Jones is really maturing as a QB. He made outstanding decisions and great throws in horrible weather conditions last week against Huntingdon. He can also beat you with his legs and with his right foot. Top to bottom, there may not be a better corp of receivers in West Tennessee They all run good routes and have great hands.

Milan is ............well they are Milan. No team in West Tennessee is deeper at the running back position than the Bulldogs. They have a very good QB who does not make mistakes. Milan also has a very good group of wide outs who have speed to burn.

Both teams have defenses that will take you to the woodshed in a heartbeat. The game on Friday will be a physical contest. The leather will pop and helmets will fly.

Turnovers and special teams play will ultimately decide the outcome of this contest.

Even if you are not a fan of either the Bulldogs or the Eagles, you need to be at this game on Friday. I believe that it will be that good of a game.

Although I understand you are fan this particular match-up, but why would you imply that this is "THE"game in Tennessee?? It's not the best 2 teams. It's not the most competitive by record or even best rematch. With games like South Pittsburg (11-0) at Trousdale Co. (12-0), Germantown (10-2) at White Station (9-3), Franklin (11-1) at Brentwood (11-1) and the best rematch; Beech (11-1) vs. Hillsboro (10-2), Station Camp (9-3) at White House (11-1), Goodpasture (8-4) at CPA (9-3), and Henry Co. (12-0) at Melrose (8-4), what criteria do you use for such an idea? Important?...yes!! But at this point, what games are not? Everyone must win to stay alive. The best games of the night are more than likely; East TN: Austin East at Knox Catholic, Middle TN; Franklin at Brentwood High, West TN; Henry Co. at Melrose. I've seen Milan play in years past and have seen them on film this season. It seems that either teams are scheming them better the second time around, keeping the scores close but nobody has figured out the secret formula for victory! They seem to have all the power needed for a trip to Murfreesboro. Good Luck to both teams, however, calling it the game of the week in Tennessee is a stretch!!!

Although I understand you are fan this particular match-up, but why would you imply that this is "THE"game in Tennessee?? It's not the best 2 teams. It's not the most competitive by record or even best rematch. With games like South Pittsburg (11-0) at Trousdale Co. (12-0), Germantown (10-2) at White Station (9-3), Franklin (11-1) at Brentwood (11-1) and the best rematch; Beech (11-1) vs. Hillsboro (10-2), Station Camp (9-3) at White House (11-1), Goodpasture (8-4) at CPA (9-3), and Henry Co. (12-0) at Melrose (8-4), what criteria do you use for such an idea? Important?...yes!! But at this point, what games are not? Everyone must win to stay alive. The best games of the night are more than likely; East TN: Austin East at Knox Catholic, Middle TN; Franklin at Brentwood High, West TN; Henry Co. at Melrose. I've seen Milan play in years past and have seen them on film this season. It seems that either teams are scheming them better the second time around, keeping the scores close but nobody has figured out the secret formula for victory! They seem to have all the power needed for a trip to Murfreesboro. Good Luck to both teams, however, calling it the game of the week in Tennessee is a stretch!!!

Pretty sure he said "I believe (which is his opinion).I believe he meant the game of the week in WEST TENNESSEE. I'm pretty sure he didnt need a full state-wide alert of all the good games out there. It's the State Quaterfinals now bud, every game is good.

I can't wait to see this one. Traveling all the way from East TN, a trip back home is always worth it. Can't wait to eat some of that bar b que /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> . Hope to be there for the pep ralley too. I'm gonna say the DAWGS win in a close one, maybe even a last second field-goal. They're good at that. A win is a win.

GO DAWGS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />