JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

Guest nwtnsports

You're opinion is your own....but you might want to consider the fact that if I'm not mistake Milan had something like 4 starters out that week as well......

Pretty sure it wasn't four. They had a couple of linemen out, but Peoples (5 tackles, an INT) and Williams (4 tackles) both played against JCS after missing or leaving the USJ game.

So, to be fair, JCS played Milan without the their leading tackler, Sr LB Ethan Cooper. He has 133 tackles on the year.

But this week is all that matters now. Hopefully, both teams will be healthy and ready to go.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

Uh oh, that's a cheap shot.

12yr.oldchamps, you always have insightful posts about Milan football. What do you think about this week - will the Bulldogs breakdown in the playoffs, again, or do they flex their muscle and move on?

You're opinion is your own....but you might want to consider the fact that if I'm not mistake Milan had something like 4 starters out that week as well......

They are all healthy this week.....Milan is back to full strength...

But I can almost guarentee JCS will NOT kick anything toward Tristan Peoples....lol

Cause either way you shake it....Milan won that game and I predict they will win this one as well!

I wouldnt know if they had 4 starters out but thanks for clearing it up for me. My opinion is my own but I dont think many would disagree. I think JCS probably played a little better than they are and Milan played a little worse than they are. I was not stating that I think JCS is better or that they will win, just that Milan struggled and JCS was without one of their best if not their best defensive players. I hope that both teams are at full strength Friday and that the best team moves on.

Uh oh, that's a cheap shot.

12yr.oldchamps, you always have insightful posts about the Bulldogs. What do you think about this week - is it time for the ninth annual playoff "Milan meltdown" or do the 'Dawgs flex their muscle and move on?

Anyone remember Morris going for 2 at Crockett Co in either 1999 or 2000? To win the game? He got it. Double reverse. May have even been in the playoffs. Im not sure.

Seems like everytime Milan plays someone in the playoffs the other team pulls out the bag of tricks to get an easy score. Here is hoping for a great defensive effort from Milan. You WILL win if you play good defense.

Im just curious to see how JCS kicks off? Hopefully Milan will take advantage of good field position.

Does Stewart really want to come to Milan in November? History is simply "History", but Milan isn't the easiest place to win a football game.

nwtnports, Meltdown? dont be worried..true bulldogs don't worry, they just Buckle the Chinstrap.

Last but not least...Driving into Milan..from miles out..and seeing this big Glow ..JOHNNIE HALE...right Smackdab in the middle of Bullet Town.. seeing Jeff Morris, a Legend...and the sea of Purple Helmets..watching John Tucker walk thru the gates hoping to see Milan advance.. a LEGEND...Milan Football..In November..the GO DAWGS signs that stretch for atleast 2 miles down the highway entering Milan...Milan Football...the snapping of the chinstrap, walking out the Fieldhouse...to a couple Thousand People.. all eyes on you..with a chance .. a chance to advance. Its JCS.. Its MILAN...Its time to hit somebody in the Mouth.

Ethan Cooper for JCS is an absolute BEAST and he finds his way to the ball better than any player JCS has ever had on their roster. I played on and have followed this team for the last 14 years and this guy is incredible. That being said , having him in the line-up this week is huge. Next, if JCS kicks the ball to Peoples then they deserve to lose the game. Any player that directly accounted for 14 points the first time they met should never be invited to cause disaster in this quarterfinal matchup. There is no doubt that JCS must play there best to have a chance in this game. When these two teams met in last years playoffs it was a far different outcome than in the regular season, with Milan blowing out JCS. Hopefully this year the JCS coaches and players have schemed and prepared for this very talented Milan squad. I have no prediction on the score, but will be there Friday night to see this awesome matchup.

QUOTE (nwtnsports @ Nov 18 2008 - 06:34 PM)

What do you think about this week - is it time for the ninth annual playoff "Milan meltdown" or do the 'Dawgs flex their muscle and move on?

You use the word "meltdown". Do you think we should win every single playoff game we play and because we haven't for the past nine years that those teams had a "meltdown"? I can think of twice in the last 9 years I thought we "for sure" should have won. 2003 & 2007. Milan football is a great program. Do they win it all every year? No they don't - but only one team in 2A has had that sucess over the past few years. Milan is consistently one of the top 4-6 teams in the state. I guess you just can't satify everyone unless you win it all every year......... That's a much easier task said than done.

Guest nwtnsports

You use the word "meltdown". Do you think we should win every single playoff game we play and because we haven't for the past nine years that those teams had a "meltdown"? I can think of twice in the last 9 years I thought we "for sure" should have won. 2003 & 2007. Milan football is a great program. Do they win it all every year? No they don't - but only one team in 2A has had that sucess over the past few years. Milan is consistently one of the top 4-6 teams in the state. I guess you just can't satify everyone unless you win it all every year......... That's a much easier task said than done.

I did, but edited my post because that was a pretty strong, critical word of one of the best programs in the area and one that I respect very much. No, I don't think Milan should win every playoff game. They have gone farther some years (ex. 2004) than I thought they would have. But let's look at this. Since 2000, Milan was tied or led in the second half in six of their eight playoff losses. (In 2001, Westview beat the Bulldogs 40-21. In 2006, Milan trailed Goodpasture 7-6 at half before losing 34-21.) Hard to say only one team has had more success, since Goodpasture has played in three consecutive title games. Milan is consistently a top five team. I'm not really commenting on my expectations, but am tired of hearing some of these Bulldog fans boasting about their program.

The job Milan's coaching staff does each year is outstanding.

Guest nwtnsports

Anyone remember Morris going for 2 at Crockett Co in either 1999 or 2000? To win the game? He got it. Double reverse. May have even been in the playoffs. Im not sure.

Seems like everytime Milan plays someone in the playoffs the other team pulls out the bag of tricks to get an easy score. Here is hoping for a great defensive effort from Milan. You WILL win if you play good defense.

Im just curious to see how JCS kicks off? Hopefully Milan will take advantage of good field position.

Does Stewart really want to come to Milan in November? History is simply "History", but Milan isn't the easiest place to win a football game.

nwtnports, Meltdown? dont be worried..true bulldogs don't worry, they just Buckle the Chinstrap.

That was in the last regular season game of 2000. One of the favorite high school games of the last ten years. A great play, and it got Milan a share of the region championship.

True, Milan isn't the easiest place to win. But the Bulldogs are 1-3 in quarterfinal and semifinal home games since 2000 (as I posted earlier). In fact, Coach Stewart is 7-1 in the playoffs at JCS in three years. The only loss came to Milan last season.

The true Bulldogs, the guys wearing purple on the field Friday night, will be ready.

I did, but edited my post because that was a pretty strong, critical word of one of the best programs in the area and one that I respect very much. No, I don't think Milan should win every playoff game. They have gone farther some years (ex. 2004) than I thought they would have. But let's look at this. Since 2000, Milan was tied or led in the second half in six of their eight playoff losses. (In 2001, Westview beat the Bulldogs 40-21. In 2006, Milan trailed Goodpasture 7-6 at half before losing 34-21.) Hard to say only one team has had more success, since Goodpasture has played in three consecutive title games. Milan is consistently a top five team. I'm not really commenting on my expectations, but am tired of hearing some of these Bulldog fans boasting about their program.

The job Milan's coaching staff does each year is outstanding.

The coaching staff is the biggest factor in our continued sucess every year. Milan isn't the magical birthplace of West Tennessee's greatest high school football players, it's just home to a lot of them because of the coaching they get.