JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

well i always try to root for west tennessee teams but ill be totally honest... HUSKER has put a sour taste in my mouth towards milan... jcs fans showed nothing but class tonight and so did almost all milan fans but HUSKER goes too far... the "good" milan fans should find this guy and take his computer

You can pull for Milan and not pull for Husker. He ain't on the team.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan was clearly the dominant team last night, and that was evident by the end of the first quarter. Congratulations again on a strong recovery from the scare last week and showing what a great team you are. The Milan fans, coaches, and school personnel that I spoke with last night were classy and hospitable at every turn, and we are grateful. I am pleased that we'll continue to play next year.

Congratulations x 1000 to the JCS Eagles, the coaches, parents, and especially the seniors on the team. You guys took a season that started really rough and worked yourselves into the state quarterfinals. Your growth and development through the season has certainly made us all proud to be a part of the JCS family. The intensity with which you play, the self discipline you show, and the sportsmanship on and off the field is a great example to the kids and the adults watching you play every week. A big tip of the hat goes to Coach Stewart and his staff, Coach Cooper, Coach Morris, and Coach Hooper. You guys coached your brains out, and the results have been obvious. This season is a success by any yardstick you want to use to measure it. Job well done.

Milan, play the next two weeks like you did this week and bring that gold football back to West Tennessee. I'm pulling for you.

hey gocart very classy post congrats to jcs on a great season and good luck next yr u know anything about the young man that was hurt last night is he ok

Good game Dawgs. Keep it rolling.

Good luck to JCS in DII next year and glad we can keep playing ya'll. I've been to many games (middle and high school basketball and football) where JCS was our opponent. I've never seen anything but class and sportsmanship from their fans and athletes on and off the field (court) both home and away. Same on this board....read any post by GoCart if you need an example. I think that is why they transitioned to 8AA so well. Honking their horns and flashing their lights to the stadium is supporting their team and I say good for them. If you read the whole article where their coach referred to playing in the parking lot you'll see he was meaning that they would play anywhere to be in the state quarterfinals. Stomping on the M is a gray area but so is throwing deep in the 4th qtr.

Good game Dawgs. Keep it rolling.

Good luck to JCS in DII next year and glad we can keep playing ya'll. I've been to many games (middle and high school basketball and football) where JCS was our opponent. I've never seen anything but class and sportsmanship from their fans and athletes on and off the field (court) both home and away. Same on this board....read any post by GoCart if you need an example. I think that is why they transitioned to 8AA so well. Honking their horns and flashing their lights to the stadium is supporting their team and I say good for them. If you read the whole article where their coach referred to playing in the parking lot you'll see he was meaning that they would play anywhere to be in the state quarterfinals. Stomping on the M is a gray area but so is throwing deep in the 4th qtr.

I agree. I brought it up in defense. I wish we hadn't have thrown that ball, but hey, they didn't ask me.

I agree. I brought it up in defense. I wish we hadn't have thrown that ball, but hey, they didn't ask me.

Guys, quit worrying about it. Morris was playing to trigger the mercy rule. We've done the same thing this season. Stewart would have done the same last night. It is actually consistent with sportsmanship in that allows the game to end more quickly. No hard feelings over here.

Guys, quit worrying about it. Morris was playing to trigger the mercy rule. We've done the same thing this season. Stewart would have done the same last night. It is actually consistent with sportsmanship in that allows the game to end more quickly. No hard feelings over here.

i completly aggree while i didnt at the time it was called i now understand why it was called and from everything that ive seen coach stewart didnt seem to bothered by it read a quote from will in the jackson sun just a min ago he showed tons of class and ur coach seems to think milan will be playing for a gold ball it also said we will be playing aug the 21st next yr is that not week 0 i didnt think milan played week 0 games have they ever

Impressive win Milan. Congratulations on a near perfect season (2 more wins and it will be!). Stay focused on one game at a time and represent West TN. football well. We'll all be pulling for you. To the JCS players. It's been a great year, thanks for the thrills and memories. You played all year with class and intensity. We had a few miss cues along the way but you overcame them. There is no shame in being beaten by a better team, it is only when you fail to give your best effort. Congratulations on a great season.

well i always try to root for west tennessee teams but ill be totally honest... HUSKER has put a sour taste in my mouth towards milan... jcs fans showed nothing but class tonight and so did almost all milan fans but HUSKER goes too far... the "good" milan fans should find this guy and take his computer

I think there are a select few that would disagree. During and after the game yes. But personally I think it is RIDICULOUS for fans to come in to an opposing stadium, in the back of a pick up, yelling, screaming, honking their horns, (the flashers i could understand). But this wasn't just the fans...it was their CHEERLEADERS!!! If it had been fans I probably could have overlooked it, but I seriously hope that their cheerleading coach knew NOTHING about this and that he/she explains to them that that's not sportmans like. Because in my opinion, it's not. Milan did not come to JCS like that in the regular season, we didn't get on their field and stomp at the 50 yard line. That little incident set a sour taste in MY mouth.

As far as throwing deep in the 4th, I agree it could have been questionable, but we all(Milan fan's especially) know Coach Morris wouldn't try to run the score up. He could have easily kept first string out the ENTIRE forth and the game would have ended 51-14, which would look better for Milan. But he didn't...he gave JCS the chance to get some scores and make it look like a better ballgame.

As far as the Coaches statements, you have to be careful what you say to reporters, and what is printed. Because print looks alot different than hearing the words. I mean seriously if the shoe was on the other foot, would JCS taken it lightly if we had said we'd play them at McDonalds?? NO I highly doubt it. Milan IS football in the fall. This town is DEAD without a game in town. So yes we do take it a little personally when you say it "doesn't matter where you play". He's right outcome probably would have been the same. Except JCS probably would have been a little more bloody as hard as the Dawgs were pounding them to the ground.

So for future reference, be careful what you say to reporters, because like i said, printed words sound alot different than spoken ones.

Great season JCS, it was nice seeing you guys revenge one of those kick off returns Tristan ran on you in the first meeting. Too bad y'all never kicked it back to him last night...lesson learned maybe?? lol

We look forward to Week 0 with you boys!!

i completly aggree while i didnt at the time it was called i now understand why it was called and from everything that ive seen coach stewart didnt seem to bothered by it read a quote from will in the jackson sun just a min ago he showed tons of class and ur coach seems to think milan will be playing for a gold ball it also said we will be playing aug the 21st next yr is that not week 0 i didnt think milan played week 0 games have they ever

Yes Milan plays week 0 next two years and has off week in the middle of oct. I have the full schedule for next year, but I'm gonna wait until it's either in the paper or our season is over. No need to think of next year when this year isn't over yet!!!