Henry County and Melrose

Red Dawn

I really don't know the reason....But i was talking to a police officer a few years back @ the Huntingdon Memphis Carver game and everytime carver would score they would go for 2....i thought the same as you...no confidence in the kicker,but the officer told me that most of the memphis city schools do not have a kicker don't even practice it...they just go for 2

That's insane. Makes absolutley no sense to me. I'm glad though!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know the reason....But i was talking to a police officer a few years back @ the Huntingdon Memphis Carver game and everytime carver would score they would go for 2....i thought the same as you...no confidence in the kicker,but the officer told me that most of the memphis city schools do not have a kicker don't even practice it...they just go for 2

My buddy said that the Melrose fans were very classy and complimentary after the game and told our players to go win the State!!!!!!! He said the Mound is one of the most awesome football atmospheres you will ever see. What a game....way to go Pats!!!!! Awesome game Wildcats!!!!

HC fans run to your cars and get out of Orange Mound as fast as you can. Do not stop at convenient stores in the Mound.....wait til you get on I-40

What a Punk UR. Stay home and drink the Kool aid you jerk. Have you ever been to Melrose or are you just going on what your MAMA told you. grow up.

I have been to Orange Mound many times. I lived in Memphis for many, many years. I know about the crime in the Orange Mound area, and all around it. I have even had some people who live in Orange Mound talk about how dangerous it can be. Thus, my comments.

BTW, I'm 46 yrs old, and I was just joking. If I offended you with my comments, then I apologize. Try to not be so sensitive in the future.

BTW, do you live in Orange Mound? Would you not say that a lot of crime takes place there?

Also, this may be the first game this year that Allen and Teague had to play the entire game. They may be on IV's and oxygen masks right now!

BTW, wad, that's just a joke. It's a joke that makes a point. Allen and Teague had to play the entire game, so they are probably tired...really tired...is what the joke means.

Thanks, that explains it. Two PAT's and were looking at OT. That must have been some kind of ballgame.

Yankees very few of the inner city schools have xt pt kickers ..they never have thus they go for 2 everytime..you would think theyd get a soccer player as most teams do..go figure win or lose with 2 pt conversions

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!

Yankees very few of the inner city schools have xt pt kickers ..they never have thus they go for 2 everytime..you would think theyd get a soccer player as most teams do..go figure win or lose with 2 pt conversions

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!

Kinda crazy.....Wonder how many games over the years are lost because of that....no telling. I would be curious to know what some of those teams percentages are on Field Goals like 35 yards or less....Probably not to good.

I was at the game and it was nerve rackin the whole game. Other than 1 long td run marsalis was shut pretty much down. Mac had a pretty good run and robbie had a huge run inside melrose 10. Skylars int return was 80 yards or more. Eric watson played but didn't do much. Had a couple good runs. But all in all we got a win and its on to nashville.