reddevil36

GAME WINNER  

126 members have voted

1. 1. GAME WINNER

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I wont be one of those guys that get on here to argue because I only comment on what I see as a coach at different levels and as a fan of the sport in general. But one comment does sit a little sideways with me here. Your comment that .."our low score in that game can also be attributed to the many turnovers in that game"...helloooooo we had 6 turnovers ourselves!!! Do you not think that impacted our scoring a little bit as well. Now you can look at it like I do and say yes we were a little sloppy with the ball but we played a really good defense and really good defenses make teams turn the ball over. But where is a little mutual respect in saying that maybe you all played a pretty good defense as well??? The only team that we didnt pretty much shut down "for the most part is Cascade". And yes we did play Cascade early in the season and obviously late in the season (last week) and let me tell you....They are extremely more dangerous now than they were then. We also only played you all a few weeks ago which is what I am giving my comparative breakdown based on. I have never said and would not for a second take away from JB but there is no harm making a comparison on match ups (mutual or not) and not thinking the outcome will be the best for JB. I was on the sideline for both games against Cascade and the one at home against JB. I saw every play of all 3 games and not only did I see them I was the one charting them for both teams. I am not biased at all...because I have no more invested in Cascade than I do JB...just like I said...as a Coach (not High School)..I coach our Jr. High and am Director of and coach the 10-12 yr olds in our Jr. Pro youth Football program.....i just believe that Cascade has too many weapons and are peaking at the right time.

You can't fault a guy for simply giving his unbiased opinion. We all greatly appreciate your joining the thread to give us the viewpoint of a coach. I'm thinking that most of us on here are parents and don't ever get on the sidelines except for pregame on senior night. Thanks again bud. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You can't fault a guy for simply giving his unbiased opinion. We all greatly appreciate your joining the thread to give us the viewpoint of a coach. I'm thinking that most of us on here are parents and don't ever get on the sidelines except for pregame on senior night. Thanks again bud. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

thanks and I got caught up in the moment with that other post which shouldn't happen again. haha. There are alot of very good and intelligently thought out perspectives on the way the game friday night could go. So I suppose some have to be right and some have to be wrong which is why you play the game. Playoff's bring out a new beast at any level of competition in any sport and yes coaching whether good or poor does show a little more visible. I just hope that both these teams bring their A game friday night and leave it all on the field so that whomever is the better of the 2 teams advance to represent our Region the best. You did comment on me giving my viewpoint as a Coach and thats why I try to do however I do not coach on the high school level yet but most definately have it as a very near future goal. For the time being the highest level that I am coaching on is the defensive coordinator at our middle school. So maybe I miss something here and there because of the level change. (I dont think so but maybe)..haha

I wouldn't call the '06 mTp team sub-par but I agree with everything else. That stretch in the middle of the '06 season where you all beat ER, Forrest, & WHH by a combined score of 112-0 was about as dominant a stretch as I've ever seen. Y'all gave up an average of 109 yards per game!

AWWW Yes I remember that stretch and if u remember we had our fourth straight shut out against Clarksville Academy until our second string gave up a QB scramble 70 yd TD with one minute left. I remember being so mad when that happen. If u take that out we would have had 5, yes 5, shut outs in a row!!!!!!

Well enough about the past, this Friday night should be a great game!!! I think this is the first time Jo Byrns has went to Cascade since the mud bowl in 06. I cannot wait to see the game as it will be the first time I have seen Jo Byrns in action since their scrimmage against Watertown this summer!!!! (My season just ended this past weekend) Apparently they are ten times the team they were then and I cant wait to see this amazing defense they have!!!! No predicitons from me, I dont know much about either team except Jo Byrns is small Cascade is big, Jo Byrns is slow Cascade is fast, and Jo Byrns is young Cascade is experienced. Sounds like a blow out to me!!!!! I guess we'll have to see!!!!!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

P.S.- how are all those Jo Byrns faithful doing? I miss talking to u guys on here!!!!!

AWWW Yes I remember that stretch and if u remember we had our fourth straight shut out against Clarksville Academy until our second string gave up a QB scramble 70 yd TD with one minute left. I remember being so mad when that happen. If u take that out we would have had 5, yes 5, shut outs in a row!!!!!!

Well enough about the past, this Friday night should be a great game!!! I think this is the first time Jo Byrns has went to Cascade since the mud bowl in 06. I cannot wait to see the game as it will be the first time I have seen Jo Byrns in action since their scrimmage against Watertown this summer!!!! (My season just ended this past weekend) Apparently they are ten times the team they were then and I cant wait to see this amazing defense they have!!!! No predicitons from me, I dont know much about either team except Jo Byrns is small Cascade is big, Jo Byrns is slow Cascade is fast, and Jo Byrns is young Cascade is experienced. Sounds like a blow out to me!!!!! I guess we'll have to see!!!!!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

P.S.- how are all those Jo Byrns faithful doing? I miss talking to u guys on here!!!!!

Tuck whats going on man? Not sure if you remember me or not from a couple years ago on here. How is school going at Rhodes? Good to hear you will be at the game Friday night. Im sure you will along with the rest of the JB faithful will have the boys pumped to play for a very exciting rematch. Hope all is going good with you in school.

Not sure where you're getting your information Chris but you're way off on several fronts. Have Pecos Bill and Paul Bunyan been giving you updates??

The two played both in '06 and '07 at Cascade in poor conditions. This year in Cedar Hill wasn't much different. This Friday will be dry but very very cold.

Cascade is not nearly as big as they were in the past. In fact, you could make a case that, with the exception of the Devil guards, JB is a larger team. Neither team has a speed advantage other than at quarterback. Carkuff could run circles around Adkins. I think JB had something like eight all-region players returning this season. Cascade had to replace 8 or 9 of 11 starters on the lines.

it still is...kinda ironic right?

Yep. I swear you can smell it from the highway when you're driving by. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

LOL hey I still never got anyone to take me up on the hot dog, hamburger, or even hot chocolate wager about the more than 15 points at the end of thethird quarter. Is anyone interested in this wager? I know somebody would love to have something hot to drink going into the fourth quarter, atleast i know I would lol.

Maybe if you'd offer all of those things at once. They'll probably run out of hot chocolate in the first quarter. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Tuck, you're way out of the loop my friend!

Right now, my plan is to meet up at Chili's in Shelbyville around 4:30 or 5:00. I hope to see most of you guys drop by and talk a little pre-game football. Unfortunately, Trey and I don't have the wallet to pay for everyone who shows, but we'll definitely take care of the guys who paid our way in Springfield. It is only about a 15 minute drive to Cascade from there, so it should allow for plenty of festivity prior to the game. Those who plan to stop by from both sides please let me know today or tomorrow, and I'll be sure to call ahead and reserve us plenty of room. BigC78, CascadeFan4ya, BabiesandMemories and any other Cascade fan who posts regular needs to be there so these guys don't gang up on me and Trey.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

thanks and I got caught up in the moment with that other post which shouldn't happen again. haha. There are alot of very good and intelligently thought out perspectives on the way the game friday night could go. So I suppose some have to be right and some have to be wrong which is why you play the game. Playoff's bring out a new beast at any level of competition in any sport and yes coaching whether good or poor does show a little more visible. I just hope that both these teams bring their A game friday night and leave it all on the field so that whomever is the better of the 2 teams advance to represent our Region the best. You did comment on me giving my viewpoint as a Coach and thats why I try to do however I do not coach on the high school level yet but most definately have it as a very near future goal. For the time being the highest level that I am coaching on is the defensive coordinator at our middle school. So maybe I miss something here and there because of the level change. (I dont think so but maybe)..haha

Warriorsfan11, we'd love to have you join us Friday night. I know it's a pretty good drive for you, but it should be a heck of a game for any football fan to watch. We'll be meeting before the game and would welcome your input.

Right now, my plan is to meet up at Chili's in Shelbyville around 4:30 or 5:00. I hope to see most of you guys drop by and talk a little pre-game football. Unfortunately, Trey and I don't have the wallet to pay for everyone who shows, but we'll definitely take care of the guys who paid our way in Springfield. It is only about a 15 minute drive to Cascade from there, so it should allow for plenty of festivity prior to the game. Those who plan to stop by from both sides please let me know today or tomorrow, and I'll be sure to call ahead and reserve us plenty of room. BigC78, CascadeFan4ya, BabiesandMemories and any other Cascade fan who posts regular needs to be there so these guys don't gang up on me and Trey.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Don't Spend All Your Money Dude, Because The Game Is At JoByrns Next Week. You'll Need Gas Money.

Don't Spend All Your Money Dude, Because The Game Is At JoByrns Next Week. You'll Need Gas Money.

If I'm wrong and the game is at Jo Byrns next week, I'll be there. I don't think that will happen, but just the same, I'll be there to root against McKenzie either way.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />