South-Doyle Football

nickknx865

So, as us Cherokee fans sit back, and think about another dismal season, that more-less prompted me to write this thread, we should really think about the past, and figure out what the future holds.

Listen, here's some hard evidence about our team. In the 5 years we've had Hutch as our coach, the Kees have gone 16-34. You know what else has happened of any significance? ....................Oh, that's right, nothing. Not one thing have we acomplished since our playoff season in 2001. Wait............I ommited something. We beat a Central team in 2007 that had the same record as we did. Who else have we beaten over the last 5 years. Having a 34-7 halftime lead over Clinton in 2007, and f-ing it all up, and lose 37-42.

Before I continue any further, I really don't wanna make this seem like I'm trashing the players. I'm not. I'm just upset with how things are ran at the South Doyle program. I love it to death, but I am just sick of seing us sit at home during the playoffs, while our rivals go to bigger and better things.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programing......

What else have we done of note since 2001? Having a freaking 0-10 team. Having all the kids that can really play some ball just wallow through high school, becuase they would rather stick a pencil in thier eye than play for that ###### of a head coach. I'm telling you, there are some beastly kids in the halls of South-Doyle. They just don't wanna play ball for our coach. Some don't wanna play, period, but that's another case.

That's our past, now, let me talk about our future. Our future is really dependent on how you look at it. Some would be optimistic, with a new head coach as a possibility(Lord knows, Duncan can't continue the love fest at this pace. Wouldn't suprise me if he did though).

Some would look at our district, and say it isn't as tough as others, but that's subjective. We share the same district with Seymour(possible win), Sevier County(we gettin curb stomped with that one), Mo West(loss), Mo East(loss), Jeff County(Why? Who could be this cruel to us), Cocke County(as bad as we are, they're worse, so win), Cherokee(they aren't bad, but we could still have a possible win there, not too sure though). The first question is, where are we gonna get wins? Looking optimisticly, we can eek out a 3-4 reigon record. Not bad, might be enough to get us in the playoffs.

Another question is, if Duncan does pull the trigger, and get a new coach, who would it be? I say, we go get Stanton Stephens from Oak Ridge. Don't think we can? Look at his record at OR, and tell me we couldn't get him. The new coach is going to have to do some things that the old coach did not do. Like, maybe, I don't know, showing up at youth football games, or at least have an assistant show. That's one of the problems with us. We have a good amount of kids show up to play football, but none of them wanna play more than a season or two. Maybe they don't really have the desire to play, but that's another issue. The problem is, the kids who do desire to play after pee wee, don't really get too many looks from the middle school coaches, and what usually happens is, nepotisim develops within the program. Think it doesn't happen at this level? It does, with frequent regularity. Usually, it's the coaches friends kids who start. It happens with all programs, but with more frequency here.

Well, this is my long thought for a while. I would present some more ideas, but I really don't feel like typing anymore.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as us Cherokee fans sit back, and think about another dismal season, that more-less prompted me to write this thread, we should really think about the past, and figure out what the future holds.

Listen, here's some hard evidence about our team. In the 5 years we've had Hutch as our coach, the Kees have gone 16-34. You know what else has happened of any significance? ....................Oh, that's right, nothing. Not one thing have we acomplished since our playoff season in 2001. Wait............I ommited something. We beat a Central team in 2007 that had the same record as we did. Who else have we beaten over the last 5 years. Having a 34-7 halftime lead over Clinton in 2007, and f-ing it all up, and lose 37-42.

Before I continue any further, I really don't wanna make this seem like I'm trashing the players. I'm not. I'm just upset with how things are ran at the South Doyle program. I love it to death, but I am just sick of seing us sit at home during the playoffs, while our rivals go to bigger and better things.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programing......

What else have we done of note since 2001? Having a freaking 0-10 team. Having all the kids that can really play some ball just wallow through high school, becuase they would rather stick a pencil in thier eye than play for that ###### of a head coach. I'm telling you, there are some beastly kids in the halls of South-Doyle. They just don't wanna play ball for our coach. Some don't wanna play, period, but that's another case.

That's our past, now, let me talk about our future. Our future is really dependent on how you look at it. Some would be optimistic, with a new head coach as a possibility(Lord knows, Duncan can't continue the love fest at this pace. Wouldn't suprise me if he did though).

Some would look at our district, and say it isn't as tough as others, but that's subjective. We share the same district with Seymour(possible win), Sevier County(we gettin curb stomped with that one), Mo West(loss), Mo East(loss), Jeff County(Why? Who could be this cruel to us), Cocke County(as bad as we are, they're worse, so win), Cherokee(they aren't bad, but we could still have a possible win there, not too sure though). The first question is, where are we gonna get wins? Looking optimisticly, we can eek out a 3-4 reigon record. Not bad, might be enough to get us in the playoffs.

Another question is, if Duncan does pull the trigger, and get a new coach, who would it be? I say, we go get Stanton Stephens from Oak Ridge. Don't think we can? Look at his record at OR, and tell me we couldn't get him. The new coach is going to have to do some things that the old coach did not do. Like, maybe, I don't know, showing up at youth football games, or at least have an assistant show. That's one of the problems with us. We have a good amount of kids show up to play football, but none of them wanna play more than a season or two. Maybe they don't really have the desire to play, but that's another issue. The problem is, the kids who do desire to play after pee wee, don't really get too many looks from the middle school coaches, and what usually happens is, nepotisim develops within the program. Think it doesn't happen at this level? It does, with frequent regularity. Usually, it's the coaches friends kids who start. It happens with all programs, but with more frequency here.

Well, this is my long thought for a while. I would present some more ideas, but I really don't feel like typing anymore.

Being a fan of a program that doesn't have much success is frustrating. Especially, if you have a kid or relative in that program. Even more so if that kid has some potential. I feel for you. My experience would suggest you're right about S.Knox football. Occassionally you will have a really good team come through S.Knox youth league, but then those players disappear in high school. Some go to Alcoa I hear or other schools, but they don't stay and play in the community. Why? I'm sure the problem is fixable, but the right people have to step forward and make it happen. The only way for that to happen is for it to become a priority with the majority. I hope that good things start to happen sooner than later for the Cherokees. From the Oak Ridge threads I've read, I'm sure many OR faithful hope your wish comes true. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

You just see the bad coaching I as a parent see the way hutchens treats his players. Several parents have been to Clark Duncans office over this. Hutch has cursed players telling them to get their M F head out of their A55 . He eve called one player a M F S O B. If Duncan dosn't fire him mabe he should go also. 3 parents are ready to file a law suite if he isn't fired. we will see..

I read in the South Knoxville Community times that there are some parents that are looking into taking legal action against the band director. i mean these parents have taken out huge adds asking for people to come forward to help their cause.

So,if that is true, there are parents looking to sue the football coach and the band director. What the heck is going on there?

I read in the South Knoxville Community times that there are some parents that are looking into taking legal action against the band director. i mean these parents have taken out huge adds asking for people to come forward to help their cause.

So,if that is true, there are parents looking to sue the football coach and the band director. What the heck is going on there?

From what I under stand the parent who took out the add is mad because their child did not make drum major. That is their war ( BAND WAR ). Nothing to do with abuse. (like football)

• 2 weeks later...

WHO ARE THE KEY RETURNING PLAYERS?

Good question. All of our key players are pretty much gone out the door after this year. Just off of the top of my head, I'd say Jason Conley(QB), Daniel Caughorn(WR/DB), Tanner Wells(DB), and a big 09 soph named Joseph Romines. He towers above most everyone at SDHS, and will be an NCAA D-1 prospect if developed right.

Being a fan of a program that doesn't have much success is frustrating. Especially, if you have a kid or relative in that program. Even more so if that kid has some potential. I feel for you. My experience would suggest you're right about S.Knox football. Occassionally you will have a really good team come through S.Knox youth league, but then those players disappear in high school. Some go to Alcoa I hear or other schools, but they don't stay and play in the community. Why? I'm sure the problem is fixable, but the right people have to step forward and make it happen. The only way for that to happen is for it to become a priority with the majority. I hope that good things start to happen sooner than later for the Cherokees. From the Oak Ridge threads I've read, I'm sure many OR faithful hope your wish comes true. Good luck.

Well, as someone who was part of the team, until the day before the jamboree, it was frustrating to watch, but oh well. I still like most everyone on that team, even if they don't feel the same back. The thing is, our youth situation is the one that makes me madder more than anything else. That is the reason Hutch has only 40 players during spring practice. No one wants to play after the first season. Example, my youth team back in 2001 was 7-2 during the regular season, and lost the County Title game. There were about 35 to 40 players on that team. Only 4-6 players on that team played for SDHS in 2008, if that. A few of my teammates on that team went to Seymour(Brandon Dockery and a few others). Derek Wilcox played for SD, but was expelled, and went to go on to play for Fulton and thier state 2nd place team in 2007. Most just blended into the school scene, and chose not to play football.

I intend to do all I can, thus the reason I am joining the MS staff next year, hopefully going to coach the high school after I get out of college.

You just see the bad coaching I as a parent see the way hutchens treats his players. Several parents have been to Clark Duncans office over this. Hutch has cursed players telling them to get their M F head out of their A55 . He eve called one player a M F S O B. If Duncan dosn't fire him mabe he should go also. 3 parents are ready to file a law suite if he isn't fired. we will see..

Yea, that was one thing I did see during the time I played. Hutchins does curse, but I've never heard anything like that. MFing ###### wasn't one of the things I heard, but I wouldn't be suprised if he said that. Mostly, I heard ######, A-hole, and a f-word or two.

As for a lawsuit, haven't heard anything about it, so I can't comment.

I dont think the pretty boy has the power to fire a coach. That has to come from the principal

Seeing as Duncan is a principal, as well as the AD, I would see no reason he couldn't fire him.

Ahh, yes. No, haven't heard much about that either. I will say that from what I've heard, the band is drilled pretty well.

From what I under stand the parent who took out the add is mad because their child did not make drum major. That is their war ( BAND WAR ). Nothing to do with abuse. (like football)

Ahh, I see now. Suing because your child didn't get drum major is kinda stupid. I mean, if it's a discriminatory lawsuit, thats one thing, but just because you didn't get drum major is being a crybaby.