Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is my prediction, ol coach mc not only got a gameplan from coacht... he also talked to Coach Red Beaulieu from the University of Louisiana Cougars. If lipscomb wants a chance in this game they must kneel the ball 3 plays every posession then give it to that rogers kid for a score. maybe that will help them control the clock a little better

everyone loses except MARYVILLE AND HENRY CO., LOL i still need that info on josh smith can they send me a # or something on him so i can get in touch. Tell him 300 from roc city is looking for him /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The word has been sent to him.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You must be hittin the good stuff.

DL can not beat GC 'as badly as they wont' they will be lucky IF they get the win.

As a matter of fact.....PAGE would give you all you would want if they played you today.

Looking forward to sittin in them blue seats.

Hey Bulldog...........you talked to the bus driver yet?Heard he has a room reserved in the ville.

...Could you run that by me one more time? This time use your words.

Just curious - how many of your family members did you get to proof-read your username before you officially signed up? That's a lot of syllables for someone who can't even plagiarize correctly.

...Could you run that by me one more time? This time use your words.

Just curious - how many of your family members did you get to proof-read your username before you officially signed up? That's a lot of syllables for someone who can't even plagiarize correctly.

Hey Dedicated, doesn't that Bomb have a "sweet, sweet, spirit"? That is what he is suppose to have, if he attended DL. I got it directly off their web page. He doesn't really seem to have such a sweet spirit does he? I guess you can't win them all or maybe its just false advertising.

One final observation for the day. Historically speaking, football games tend to be directly correlated to the number of coacht posts. While the beginning of this week was fairly even, it is quite obvious that lipscomb athletic supporters are outposting the giles county faithful. If the trend continues, Coach thundercalves will be calling the plays in the fourth quarter friday

In what way are football games directly correlated to the number of coach t posts? What historical data is your statistic based on? You must make yourself clear, Ed, or we won't respect your posts.

I had a feeling bulldog69 was Jackie Bennett. You still riding your tractor on Thompsons Station Rd?

No...I am sorry...I am Jackie Smith or Jackie Mason or Jackie Chan or heck I forget

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You must be hittin the good stuff.

DL can not beat GC 'as badly as they wont' they will be lucky IF they get the win.

As a matter of fact.....PAGE would give you all you would want if they played you today.

Looking forward to sittin in them blue seats.

Hey Bulldog...........you talked to the bus driver yet?Heard he has a room reserved in the ville.

Actually the Giles Bus driver is not worried about which direction the bus is pointed....he is worried about the bus being rocked by dozens of Bagpipe folks..........better bring the brass monkeys inside tomorrow night.

IMO here's my breakdown:

Offense:

*QB: Advantage GC. But only slightly. GC's QB is better individually, but Lipscomb's runs their offense efficeintly.

*Running Backs: Advantage Lipscomb. (Only because of depth). If GCs starter gets hurt/injured early. Big advantage DL.

*Offensive Line: Advantage. Lipscomb. Discipline. Less formations, etc. Less to think about.

*Receivers: Advantage; Lipscomb. More Speed and got to concentrate on 1. Both Run and Deep.

Defense:

*Line: Advantage; Lipscomb.

*Linebackers: About Equal

*DBs: Slight Advantage DL. Giles has got respect the run more.

*Special Teams: Slight advantage DL. Solid. Don't give up the big play.

*Coaching Staff: Lipscomb. Been there; done that.

*Fans: How many will GC bring?

*Summary: Pulling for the NEW CLASS AA DISTRICT 12!.........................BUT,

Lipscomb: 35 Giles: 17

I'll be there to see how it all unfolds. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Some people are just born losers. Glad I'm not one of them. By the way, have you seen the new comic book for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones? It's good, but nearly as good as Star Trek, Season 4, Episode 9. Shatner is a GOD (but I don't mean that in a sacreligious way).

Thanks for answering my questions. If you ever see Coach Tom Tyler please tell him I said hello. Tell his calves, too.

Trapped in a quagmire is what I am.

Bomb and Eddie listen up now, unless you children are in bed, and in that case listen up tommorrow! Trapped seems to be the man on this thread with the words. Quagmire beats synergy every time, Bomb, and saying hello to the coach's calves is better than thing one and thing two, Ed. I hope you are a Bobcat fan, Trapped or at least not a DL admirer.

Some Comments:

Jett Juice is what you get when you mix Duck Butter and Goose Grease.

"Donald Lipsccomb" I like. Might use it on the Lipscomb Lizard Lounge Page appearing nightly on the Mustangfanpage.

Bomb Squad, Eddie Haskell and Vandy 1 are not the same person. I am only Vandy1, The Dedeacon, and the Lipscomb Lizard. I do not have the talent of a Eddie Haskell and Bomb Squad.

David Lipscomb also bottled a mean batch of fruit of the vine, best served at room temp and with unsalted crackers. A recent bottle was found below Avalon. The bottle is now housed in the AThens Clay and Francis Pullias room in the University Library.

Bulldog now has one over Vandy1. He knew who I was and yet he still remains a mystery to me.

Too bad Big Country, DaCatfish, Catfish Hunter is not able to enjoy all of this.

Who is Jackie Smith? An R and B guy? I thought Jackie Bennett was the old coach at Page.

Lipscomb had a back up longsnapper who set a record according to Coach Mac in 2005 against Chester County. He snapped the ball 35 yards over the head of the punter.

We are still awaiting the posting of Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes.

Vandy, you built Ed and Bomb up too high. It is hard for children to live up to the hype that you spouted about them. Bomb started out with some big words but I think he lost his dictionary. It is good for the young to practice using their dictionaries, though. Ed never really got much going on, but at least he tried. You didn't really need them to help you defend DL, because you do just fine on your own. Let's have a little of the vino Friday night and hopefully celebrate a good game played by two good teams. Go Bobcats.

I am so ticked off after reading this thread. When I saw 17 pages, I thought for sure there would be a lot of good football talk. And then after I read it, it's all about leprechauns, stalkers, dictionaries, toilets, people named jackie, and words I can't pronounce. I just wish someone would write a post about football!! I can't stand reading the other stuff!!!! Please write about football and the game itself, not all the other stuff!!!!!

So that being said, what are the restrooms like at Lipscomb? You know I don't usually worry about it to much, but it's supposed to be a cold night, and you know what a cold night means? Hot chocolate! And I don't know about everyone else, but when I drink hot chocolate.... it's like an elephant laxative! So I just wanted some insight from the lipscomb regulars...could i get a rating, you know 1-5 stars, on number of of stalls, cleanliness, choice of reading material, etc....

You're right, Raider. I apologize. Let's shift gears... Anyone heard the latest news from the Leprechaun Football League? Last I heard the Half-Pints beat the Faeries on a goal-line stop. The Faeries came up a beard short. Too bad, they had a lot of potential. I guess the back-to-back LFL Championships the Half-Pints have won were no fluke. Oh, the taste of LFL victory, it's not only sweet, it's magically delicious.