Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

dont be a soar loser. lipscomp is not that good. yall almost beat them two times this year. if we White House gets beat by knox cath... which we wont.... we wouldnt whine. dont worry WH will take down ur bullys in the statechampionship just like we have takin them down three years in a row in early season scrimages. i know things change throughout the year but lipscomb knows they dont want none of the boys in blue!

Can I get this translated into English before the borders are closed??????????. Mannnn...this is a pure D+ in Grammar and I am taking in loose guidelines in the No Child Left Behind in Sumner CO. Of course this could be what happens when you down three Pabst Blue Ribbons in an hour and you are 16 yrs old.....buhbuhbuh .....

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Privates have the alum base to go out and recruit players each year. Public schools have to do the best with what they have. It's not like they can go out and get a new QB from Fla. or Texas each year. I know public schools have to make their programs attractive so players want to come out for football instead of standing in the hall or on the street corners but if I am the only say 3a high school in my county, I know I will have to go against a private school to win the state and they have the advantage. When public school players graduate it may take a year or two to rebuild. Privates just reload on that recruited talent. So buzz off!

Privates have the alum base to go out and recruit players each year. Public schools have to do the best with what they have. It's not like they can go out and get a new QB from Fla. or Texas each year. I know public schools have to make their programs attractive so players want to come out for football instead of standing in the hall or on the street corners but if I am the only say 3a high school in my county, I know I will have to go against a private school to win the state and they have the advantage. When public school players graduate it may take a year or two to rebuild. Privates just reload on that recruited talent. So buzz off!

Why don't you stop being ignorant and get your facts straight before posting. Lipscomb is a good team, not because they recruit, because any team outside of D2 is not allowed to, but because the winning tradition draws in great players. Same with Knox Catholic. So stop whining because you lost. Thats the oldest excuse in the book, and it makes you look retarded because its not true.

Lipscomb-Didn't watch the game, but good job tonight. Hope to see a Catholic/Lipscomb matchup in Murfreesboro. Of course Catholic will take it /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> haha but we can talk about that in a week and a day. Good game tonight.

Classic responses after a loss. The two R's, refs and recruiting, always lead to DL victories. According to 90% of people on this board, Lipscomb has never won a game without some sort of strings attached. Get a grip, people.

Congratulations to Giles Co. on a great game and season. It's been fun alltherage and ahapplet, and I hope you both realize that the message board talk is all in good fun.

the tssaa has got to do something about the sorry officiating. lipcpmb got all the calls tonight and the other game that they played against giles county. they got there but beat in both games. its bad to take a game away from the kids down here.

wow what game were you watching? Oo

Gj to the giles county team, you played a great game.

Well it is evident that Lipscomb is better than Giles county....they beat them twice...reasoning like that is why I am an expert. Of course if Giles county coaches were experts...they would have been playing a zone and prevent and never allowed a team to go the length of the field in 3 plays. But who cares....Knox Catholic is foaming at the mouth to throw some Hail Marys on Lipscomb....I mean come on...David Lipscomb or the Pope....who has the most power....

These are some of the most insanely ridiculous sentences ever strung together on CoachT. I have followed Lipscomb athletics for sometime and don't think I could name a former player who made an impact while transferring from out of state. However, you might have DL confused with Brentwood Academy who seems to always have someone coming in from out of state.

Giles County players and coaches, you have my utmost respect. You came to play and executed well. You kept us frustrated most of the night. I didn't realize we could get inside another teams 10 that many times and not get a touchdown. Your D gave up quite a few yards; but, made the plays you needed at the right times. You simply outplayed us most of the night.

Your only mistake in the end was scoring too fast and leaving a couple of minutes. It ultimately came down to us being able to pass a little better. If we didn't have two other receivers (other than Zach) who are better than most this would have been a different game. You stuffed Zach tonight better than anyone has in the last two years.

One thing I think helped Lipscomb at the end was simply they've been there before. We were down just like that in last years semifinal. We've been very fortunate the last seven seasons to play a lot of games. Most Lipscomb fans take it for granted at this point. Tonight was our 102nd game in the last seven years. Think about that. You are only guaranteed 70 in that time frame. Experience is just invaluable.

Your guy Bo Wallace was awesome tonight. As good as he is at quarterback; I think he looked even better at safety.

Congraulations on a great season!

Well it is evident that Lipscomb is better than Giles county....they beat them twice...reasoning like that is why I am an expert. Of course if Giles county coaches were experts...they would have been playing a zone and prevent and never allowed a team to go the length of the field in 3 plays. But who cares....Knox Catholic is foaming at the mouth to throw some Hail Marys on Lipscomb....I mean come on...David Lipscomb or the Pope....who has the most power....

Haha wow that might be a little sacreligious. But it's not quite yet time to talk about that game...give it time...give it time....

Giles County players and coaches, you have my utmost respect. You came to play and executed well. You kept us frustrated most of the night. I didn't realize we could get inside another teams 10 that many times and not get a touchdown. Your D gave up quite a few yards; but, made the plays you needed at the right times. You simply outplayed us most of the night.

Your only mistake in the end was scoring too fast and leaving a couple of minutes. It ultimately came down to us being able to pass a little better. If we didn't have two other receivers (other than Zach) who are better than most this would have been a different game. You stuffed Zach tonight better than anyone has in the last two years.

One thing I think helped Lipscomb at the end was simply they've been there before. We were down just like that in last years semifinal. We've been very fortunate the last seven seasons to play a lot of games. Most Lipscomb fans take it for granted at this point. Tonight was our 102nd game in the last seven years. Think about that. You are only guaranteed 70 in that time frame. Experience is just invaluable.

Your guy Bo Wallace was awesome tonight. As good as he is at quarterback; I think he looked even better at safety.

Congraulations on a great season!

Well said, titanman. I, too, would like to echo your sentiments about the remarkable run Lipscomb football has experienced beginning with the 2002 season. The DL fan base has come to expect deep playoff and championship game runs every season. However, Lipscomb supporters should realize the effort, dedication, coaching, and luck (yes, as Coach MaC always says it takes breaks to make a championship-caliber runs whether it be the health of the team or a bounce of the oddly shaped ball) required to make these type season a reality. Congratulations to the coaches and players on continuing the success of the Lipscomb program. Another Mustang Stampede will occur next Friday, and, as a former player, I could not be prouder of the coaches and players carrying on the tradition.

Again, to Giles Co., congratulations and carry yourselves proudly. You are a team that has earned and demanded respect.

Classic responses after a loss. The two R's, refs and recruiting, always lead to DL victories. According to 90% of people on this board, Lipscomb has never won a game without some sort of strings attached. Get a grip, people.

Congratulations to Giles Co. on a great game and season. It's been fun alltherage and ahapplet, and I hope you both realize that the message board talk is all in good fun.

Experience of two years ago against Lipscomb is that there ARE two R's at Lipscomb:

1. Really good coaching

2. Really good trap blocking by some of the smallest lineman I've ever seen run the ball down our throats.

I find it EXTREMELY amusing that any region 3-2a fan would be boasting about current events....much less Knox Cath who beat up on a felony depleted team tonight. Invoking the Pope as having the most power...ridiculous....it is vandy1 who has the most power...anyone who has the power to resurrect Bombsquad and his many alter egos has the Power.

Besides after what I have seen, there are three Region 5-3a schools who can put a whipping on region 2....unfortunately for you ...you will only play onw. Giles or Page would whip you all over the field. Region 2 days have passed on by.

Giles was awesome but DL prevailed.