Lewis County

Stat_pack1

Who all did you guys lose on the Offensive Line? I wish you guys the best of luck next year and don't worry about all of the haters. They will just be shocked when Lewis County gets into the Quarters next year if not further. Just tell the guys to stay /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> and work hard during the offweason and they will do fine next year. As far as a record for the regular season next year. I say either 8-2 or 7-3 and then you guys will sneak up on some teams in the playoffs. I'm not so sure about my Bulldogs. I think that they are going to struggle. Speaking of my Bulldogs, when is the Lewis County versus Hickman County game next year? There is nothing quite like the atmosphere during a Hickman County versus Lewis County game.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you LC fans give up on the football season and leave the forum for teams that are still in in. You lost, good luck next year.

Wow, we can't wait for the next poster to post a comment after this telling us how good they will be next year. When is the last time LC made it to the champ game? Why don't you LC fans just swap cell #'s ( all 4 of ya) and go that route. It would really free up the coach t bandwidth. Teams that are still in it don't really care about the poor season you had. Goodpasture stinks this year and still beat your 11-0 record. They will get put out tonight by CPA or next week by Milan.

Who all did you guys lose on the Offensive Line? I wish you guys the best of luck next year and don't worry about all of the haters. They will just be shocked when Lewis County gets into the Quarters next year if not further. Just tell the guys to stay /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> and work hard during the offweason and they will do fine next year. As far as a record for the regular season next year. I say either 8-2 or 7-3 and then you guys will sneak up on some teams in the playoffs. I'm not so sure about my Bulldogs. I think that they are going to struggle. Speaking of my Bulldogs, when is the Lewis County versus Hickman County game next year? There is nothing quite like the atmosphere during a Hickman County versus Lewis County game.

They lost .....willie, sharp, matt, grieve, from what I can remember/recall. The entire backfield....crowel,lawson, tenison, mathis. They took quite a hit. Very senior heavy team. I think that next year will depend a lot the line...both "D" and "O" line. Going to be an interesting year.

I take it your from Hickman? If so, I understand you lost quite a few also. Not sure how many Fairview lost. E.Hickman is slowly building there, they should show some signs of improvement now. From what I have heard......its not only going to be an interesting year for Lewis and Hickman, but pretty much the whole bunch with the new schedule. I don't know now but 2 weeks ago I was looking at the rankings.....and Marshall, Giles and Page were all ranked in the top 10.

The bunch they have now.......from the past, were hard workers and showed quite abit of grit. If your from Hickman...how many seniors did you lose?

I'll speak for Fairview...The Junior Class has 23 kids coming up most with game experience, 6 returning on both sides of the ball. Cassidy and Raines are back in the backfield. We lost 2 big OL Beard and Collins (might not have been ideal for the offensive gameplan anyways). Biggest hit for Fview is the loss of Johnson, he was a kid that DCs had to account for on every play and at FS he was a black hole (ended the season with 10 INTs). He'll be missed.

I know the Fairview Football program is excited about the new district. retaining the Hwy 100 rivalries (EH, HC) and in county rivalry (Page) was huge. The end of the season will be exciting this year for Fview. Wk9 vs. Lewis Wk10 vs. Hickman, both home games! This next season will be very excited.

The other non-contributing sports (i.e. they don't make any $ so why should their opinion matter sports) are a little upset (and are blaming the FB coach like he had a vote) because they had created good rivalries w/ wavo, creekwood, harpeth, and the district 11 schools. But I say they need to learn how to create rivalries against the schools that the football team plays, like it was back-in-the-day.

Why don't you LC fans give up on the football season and leave the forum for teams that are still in in. You lost, good luck next year.

Goodpasture stinks this year and still beat your 11-0 record. They will get put out tonight by CPA or next week by Milan.

Oh and BTW. Follow....along....with....this....tropicalstorm....thought...i'd....type sllloooww....since..you..are...obviously..not...overly.....intelligent.

I'm pretty sure based on this topic and thread that the fans here have given up on THIS football season. Hence why you see them talking about NEXT season. The only mention of this season was started by a raging lunatic high school kid from owcoa(he's probably sits next to you in algebra). Are you following the logic? or should....i....slow....it....down.....for...you. Oh and go to class, the 2nd period bell just rang kiddo. You don't what to be tardy. and pull your pants up!

Oh and BTW. Follow....along....with....this....tropicalstorm....thought...i'd....type sllloooww....since..you..are...obviously..not...overly.....intelligent.

I'm pretty sure based on this topic and thread that the fans here have given up on THIS football season. Hence why you see them talking about NEXT season. The only mention of this season was started by a raging lunatic high school kid from owcoa(he's probably sits next to you in algebra). Are you following the logic? or should....i....slow....it....down.....for...you. Oh and go to class, the 2nd period bell just rang kiddo. You don't what to be tardy. and pull your pants up!

Yes and pick your nose while your at it TS, you got a boogey hanging out.

Mind your own business dude, this is a thread about LC next year, that is what we are talking about. If you don't like what we talk about - don't read it!

I'll speak for Fairview...The Junior Class has 23 kids coming up most with game experience, 6 returning on both sides of the ball. Cassidy and Raines are back in the backfield. We lost 2 big OL Beard and Collins (might not have been ideal for the offensive gameplan anyways). Biggest hit for Fview is the loss of Johnson, he was a kid that DCs had to account for on every play and at FS he was a black hole (ended the season with 10 INTs). He'll be missed.

I know the Fairview Football program is excited about the new district. retaining the Hwy 100 rivalries (EH, HC) and in county rivalry (Page) was huge. The end of the season will be exciting this year for Fview. Wk9 vs. Lewis Wk10 vs. Hickman, both home games! This next season will be very excited.

The other non-contributing sports (i.e. they don't make any $ so why should their opinion matter sports) are a little upset (and are blaming the FB coach like he had a vote) because they had created good rivalries w/ wavo, creekwood, harpeth, and the district 11 schools. But I say they need to learn how to create rivalries against the schools that the football team plays, like it was back-in-the-day.

Sounds like Fairview is going to be in pretty good shape. Awesome backfiled. The new schedule sure makes things interesting for all. Looks promising for you.

LCHS has its work cut out for them, a lot of talent to replace, going to be a lot of jr. and soph. playing this year for Lewis. Small senior group coming up.

BTW...good game there with CPA...wish you could have pulled it out.

Sounds like Fairview is going to be in pretty good shape. Awesome backfiled. The new schedule sure makes things interesting for all. Looks promising for you.

LCHS has its work cut out for them, a lot of talent to replace, going to be a lot of jr. and soph. playing this year for Lewis. Small senior group coming up.

BTW...good game there with CPA...wish you could have pulled it out.

A heartbreaker for sure. The kids were so close. It'd be one thing if we didn't feel like we could've done anything more to win. We were on the door step and couldn't seal the deal. Great year for the program though! Lots of kids in the halls were energized by this football season. Nothing recruits out of the halls better than a team that wins!

Next season will be interesting for sure. Fortunately for LC and FView we have 2 playoffs spots to split among the teams we have. Hickman knows they have a tough row to hoe after losing all of their talent, and East is still 2 seasons away from any success in this district. The 4A schools in our district (though I know ziltch about Giles) look to be rebuilding as well. SH has lots of talent but lacks forward progress if you will, Page loses huge talent in the backfield and at WR, Marshall seems to be in the same boat. With the systems they like to run it is harder to reload if you've had seniors soaking up the PT for a couple years. It still doesn't sit well having our schedule versus 4A schools matter toward our placement in a 3A playoff bracket. The logic escapes me.

Either way Week 9 will be a battle next season! Can't wait! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

A heartbreaker for sure. The kids were so close. It'd be one thing if we didn't feel like we could've done anything more to win. We were on the door step and couldn't seal the deal. Great year for the program though! Lots of kids in the halls were energized by this football season. Nothing recruits out of the halls better than a team that wins!

Next season will be interesting for sure. Fortunately for LC and FView we have 2 playoffs spots to split among the teams we have. Hickman knows they have a tough row to hoe after losing all of their talent, and East is still 2 seasons away from any success in this district. The 4A schools in our district (though I know ziltch about Giles) look to be rebuilding as well. SH has lots of talent but lacks forward progress if you will, Page loses huge talent in the backfield and at WR, Marshall seems to be in the same boat. With the systems they like to run it is harder to reload if you've had seniors soaking up the PT for a couple years. It still doesn't sit well having our schedule versus 4A schools matter toward our placement in a 3A playoff bracket. The logic escapes me.

Either way Week 9 will be a battle next season! Can't wait! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I would say this schedule kind of caught everyone off guard. I have looked at other schedules and all it does is make me scratch my head in awe of it . Seen Lorreto schedule and that one is crazy.....they have perry county etc. Some of the other that I have view looks like it was put together with someone throwing darts that had a little to much to sip on.

It should be interesting to say the least, I'm really curious how Lewis does this coming year. I know the senior class next year played one heck of a game in the middle school with Fairview.......Triple overtime, cassidy ran wild.....I think he scored almost all the points for them. LC pulled it out at the end...but sure was a fun game to watch, kind of hated either team losing that game after all the time and effort that went in to it. LC lost some of the kids from that group, which is why the class is so small coming up.

As I said before it sure makes for an interesting season coming up and to see how it all plays out.

They lost .....willie, sharp, matt, grieve, from what I can remember/recall. The entire backfield....crowel,lawson, tenison, mathis. They took quite a hit. Very senior heavy team. I think that next year will depend a lot the line...both "D" and "O" line. Going to be an interesting year.

I take it your from Hickman? If so, I understand you lost quite a few also. Not sure how many Fairview lost. E.Hickman is slowly building there, they should show some signs of improvement now. From what I have heard......its not only going to be an interesting year for Lewis and Hickman, but pretty much the whole bunch with the new schedule. I don't know now but 2 weeks ago I was looking at the rankings.....and Marshall, Giles and Page were all ranked in the top 10.

The bunch they have now.......from the past, were hard workers and showed quite abit of grit. If your from Hickman...how many seniors did you lose?

We lost 21 Seniors this year. Including #2 RB Scott Sowell, #3 QB/DB DJ Key, #5 WR/RB/DB/P Marcus Grimes, #32 FB/WR/LB Phillip Jenkins and #90 TE/DE Kyle Nave and we lost 9 O/D Linemen. We also had 13 Juniors, 11 Sophomores, and 17 Freshmen. Who will be the starting Quarterback and Running Backs for the Panthers? Our starter at Quarterback will more than likely be Nathan Davis and I have no clue who the Running Backs will be. How young will the Panthers be next year? I don't see the Dawgs taking the Little Brown Jug away from the Panthers anytime soon. Does anybody know when the game between the Panthers and the Bulldogs is going to be played next year? I also want to take this time to apologize for my fellow Bulldog fans for accusing the Panthers of watering the field before the regular season game in 2007. Don't worry about not getting out of the second round of the playoffs, because Coach Sharp will have the Panthers hungrier than ever to get that bad taste out of their mouths and I will be pulling for you guys next year, well at least until the Panthers play the Bulldogs. I know that this is the football part of the message board, but how is Lewis County doing so far in Girl's and Boy's Basketball. I wish the Panthers the best of luck in every sport this year.

Wow, we can't wait for the next poster to post a comment after this telling us how good they will be next year. When is the last time LC made it to the champ game? Why don't you LC fans just swap cell #'s ( all 4 of ya) and go that route. It would really free up the coach t bandwidth. Teams that are still in it don't really care about the poor season you had. Goodpasture stinks this year and still beat your 11-0 record. They will get put out tonight by CPA or next week by Milan.

Why doesn't LC fans give up on the football season and leave the forum? IT'S CALLED BEING EXCITED ABOUT THE CHANCES FOR THEIR TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR. I don't know who your team is, but it sounds to me like that you are not looking forward to next year. I for one say BRAVO Lewis County fans and students, stay excited about the season next year. I'm not even a big time Panther fan and I'm hoping that you guys have a great year and shock some people in the playoffs that think that Lewis County can't win the big games in the playoffs, because I for one know how good the Panthers have been in the past and that they have a great chance to be even better in the future. Goodpasture doesn't stink as bad as you thought they did either, huh TropicalStorm? They went into the Lion's Den and beat CPA 35 to 21. Does that sound like a team that stinks to anybody else? Keep supporting your team Panther fans and being great fans. I was really happy this year when I looked across the field at the visitors bleachers and they were pretty well full. Does Lewis County still use the same Offense from the time that the players start as Pee Wee's in Junior Pro all the way up to the last night that they put on the Yellow and Black? If they still do that, then I see Lewis County being good for many years to come. Also does anybody from Lewis County wish that the TSSAA would get it right and put ALL private schools in Division 2 where they truly belong? I say that we need to start flooding Ronnie Carter's email account with complaints and maybe, just maybe, if so many people get on his case about it then maybe we would be able to have a true Division 1 state champion. Are there any Lewis County fans that want to get into the ALL PRIVATE DIVISION 2 crusade with me? I mean look at who has put you guys out of the playoffs in at least two seasons, if I'm not mistaken hasn't it been PRIVATE SCHOOL Goodpasture? Get with me my Panther friends and let's get things right in Division 1 football.

Why doesn't LC fans give up on the football season and leave the forum? IT'S CALLED BEING EXCITED ABOUT THE CHANCES FOR THEIR TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR. I don't know who your team is, but it sounds to me like that you are not looking forward to next year. I for one say BRAVO Lewis County fans and students, stay excited about the season next year. I'm not even a big time Panther fan and I'm hoping that you guys have a great year and shock some people in the playoffs that think that Lewis County can't win the big games in the playoffs, because I for one know how good the Panthers have been in the past and that they have a great chance to be even better in the future. Goodpasture doesn't stink as bad as you thought they did either, huh TropicalStorm? They went into the Lion's Den and beat CPA 35 to 21. Does that sound like a team that stinks to anybody else? Keep supporting your team Panther fans and being great fans. I was really happy this year when I looked across the field at the visitors bleachers and they were pretty well full. Does Lewis County still use the same Offense from the time that the players start as Pee Wee's in Junior Pro all the way up to the last night that they put on the Yellow and Black? If they still do that, then I see Lewis County being good for many years to come. Also does anybody from Lewis County wish that the TSSAA would get it right and put ALL private schools in Division 2 where they truly belong? I say that we need to start flooding Ronnie Carter's email account with complaints and maybe, just maybe, if so many people get on his case about it then maybe we would be able to have a true Division 1 state champion. Are there any Lewis County fans that want to get into the ALL PRIVATE DIVISION 2 crusade with me? I mean look at who has put you guys out of the playoffs in at least two seasons, if I'm not mistaken hasn't it been PRIVATE SCHOOL Goodpasture? Get with me my Panther friends and let's get things right in Division 1 football.

I knew you were going to lose some seniors but didn't realize it was that many. Sounds like there will have to be a lot of coaching to get all these boys ready for next year and especially next years schedule. Sounds like Lewis and Hickman both have their work cut out for them. Next year is going to be a test for Hickman , Fairview (think they retain a lot from this years team) Lewis and East. Seen that Giles took DL to the limit, losing 17-16. With Marshall and Giles, Page and Springhill returning with over 20 seniors, its diffently going to be a different schedule for all. As far as I know (I'm not an insider) they pretty much run the same through all of them. But this year it seems with Sharp he opened it up more than in the past. Course with the QB they had, Kane C. it made it much easier. As far as next years QB, it looks or from what I have been told it will be Vaughn. He would be a jr. next year, He QB the middle school as a 7th and 8th grader. Has some talent, not quite yet to the level of Kane, but iwth experience he might be able to do some things.

As far as the schedule...it would be great if TSSAA got it right....."just once". But sure don't see it happen anytime soon. Like they say its hard to break bad habits...lol. It sure would change a lot if the did..Open Zone vs. Open zone, Private vs. Private, Closed zone vs. Closed. But I just can't see it happening. But have to give everyone credit.....Lewis play Goodpasture right to the end.....had a chance to go for the win with seconds in the game(Sharp said if they would have scored they would have went for 2) but the young man got caught on the field instead of going out of bounds. Fairview play CPA right to the wire. As of right now...I would say GP would have to say that during this playoff run of theirs, LCHS played them the toughess.

It will be interesting next year to say the least.

Hope the best for you next year also. BTW..this is good be able to discuss player, teams communities in a intelligent manner. So many times you just get attacked...nice to have a open discussion without the verbal bashing.

Again.....GOOD LUCK next year!