AE or Fulton

BallKing2008

Any body can win at AE with the talent he gets each year if they had a coach they should have at least 7 gold balls

Its easy said then done!!! Coach Mitchell is an excellent coach.. I mean look at Jody Wright of Fulton, he's been there and he's had the talent too but he got his first gold ball last year.. So with that said, time will only tell when Coach Mitchell will get his bling bling....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its easy said then done!!! Coach Mitchell is an excellent coach.. I mean look at Jody Wright of Fulton, he's been there and he's had the talent too but he got his first gold ball last year.. So with that said, time will only tell when Coach Mitchell will get his bling bling....

With that said, the only thing we are lacking in our players are: Individual time to workout, Working on fundamentals, Raising basketball IQ, and a willingness to put heart into the game. Many of gold balls has been won that way. Step up or Step out. Just ask UT.

I have to agree with Turtle. A-E has some serious talent and they have a chance to win it this year. I think the only difference between A-E and Fulton, no disrespect intended, Fulton plays harder on the defensive end. The few times I saw A-E play last year, they pressed back into a 2-3 zone. With those athletes, they could/should press like the old Rick Pitino Kentucky teams and suffocate teams with a hard man-to-man defensive pressure. That would be scary!

I think Fulton will win it Because of 3 factors...

Jody Wright (who strives on defensive end... always very good defensive team)

Jalon Steele (best all around player in Knoxville) from personal experience hardest guy i have ever guarded around here and ive guarded them all.

James Galman (Great defensive player, good offensive player, and pure shooter)

plus fulton has a pretty good surrounding cast around them two players too.

Now im gonna give AE there credit theyre gonna b a really tough team with pryor, the jones boys, and Lopez it will be very close, but i think fulton is gonna come out on top.

I think Fulton will win it Because of 3 factors...

Jody Wright (who strives on defensive end... always very good defensive team)

Jalon Steele (best all around player in Knoxville) from personal experience hardest guy i have ever guarded around here and ive guarded them all.

James Galman (Great defensive player, good offensive player, and pure shooter)

plus fulton has a pretty good surrounding cast around them two players too.

Now im gonna give AE there credit theyre gonna b a really tough team with pryor, the jones boys, and Lopez it will be very close, but i think fulton is gonna come out on top.

Ok you mention 2 people from Fulton... Now what if these 2 people get in foul trouble? Who will come off the bench and carry the Falcons to victory? Also, next Friday you will see the difference between Fulton and AE. Reggie the transfer from Alcoa, he's not strong enough to compete with Pryor or Jones. Also, Styles of Fulton, the same can be said they won't be ready for the big boys from AE.

I agree with you about Jody Wright he's a very defensive minded coach but he sometimes struggle with beating the AE press... He'll admit to you it's hard to beat that. But my hat is off to Jody, I'll love to coach my teams up to play the type of defensive he teaches...

Ok you mention 2 people from Fulton... Now what if these 2 people get in foul trouble? Who will come off the bench and carry the Falcons to victory? Also, next Friday you will see the difference between Fulton and AE. Reggie the transfer from Alcoa, he's not strong enough to compete with Pryor or Jones. Also, Styles of Fulton, the same can be said they won't be ready for the big boys from AE.

I agree with you about Jody Wright he's a very defensive minded coach but he sometimes struggle with beating the AE press... He'll admit to you it's hard to beat that. But my hat is off to Jody, I'll love to coach my teams up to play the type of defensive he teaches...

If they get in foul trouble ill flat out tell you fulton will not win! but if they keep them playing smart i think fulton will win barely maybe by a few points but idk i watched AE this year and they look pretty tough this year so you never know we'll c what jody wright wants to do about the press cuz AE does have a good press i know from experience lol.

Fulton needs to take a step or two from Anderson County, that being said, Fulton needs to stop the dribble penetration into the lane, and the easy dump down to the big men. Anderson County was able to slow the game down, but they just couldn't hit the side of the barn that night. Yes, AE turned on the pressure but having patience will pay off because they tend to overload on the trap. Good game planning, and shooting the gap will help Fulton move the ball ahead of the trap. Anderson County was able to slow AE down enough using a 1-3-1 on defense forcing AE to shoot the ball from the outside, in turn shutting down the lane violations(penetrations). I am quite sure Fulton will give it their all with Jalen lighting up the night, and a full swinging of the ball for their 3 shooting galley guys. Robert Boyd will be a factor in this game more than any other player. His hustle alone will either energize this team, or send them home with an L on their chest. This will be a close one, and I don't know if AE can Close out on this one.

The Carter game is next, and Fulton better be ready for this one. Carter is coming off from a bad start this season. Their sense of playing is in question, so they are out to prove a point. This whole game comes down to one thing, and that is to shut down the play makers in this game. Other teams have done it before, and it seems to be working. Fulton take this under advisement and do it too. Shut Lester Wilson down, cut the spacing out so that he can't elevate with the ball, and knock down the quick jumper, next force him to put the ball on the floor, and force him strong left. Get in his head by playing your best Defense on him, and bump him when he comes across the lane, and over the screens. Drive the ball at him on offense to let him commit fouls and sit him on the bench. Next shut down Joe Meady. Shut him down by being very physical with him, it will let you see if he has heart. Run the ball up and down the court. Carter has been pulling him out the game when it comes to an up and down game. Next put pressure on the ball Stanton and Ballenger are bringing the ball up the court. Dictate to them where you want the ball to go. The rest of the team is not as strong. Fulton by 20.