Knox Carter Ball is it in them.

BallKing2008

You got hammered about it because it's a silly comment. It might be your opinion, but it's very much a comment that doesn't go along with the type of player he has been since he started his high school career.

You might consider that next time before making such a comment.

Yeah i know man i agree that he is a good player, but all im trying to say is you put a chris conner, or a tony white jr, or a great shooter like bewer from karns on a team like grangier theyre going to do the exact same thing hes doing. What i was trying to say if you put him on the same team he would go from great too pretty good because he wouldnt average 25 30 (however much it is) at a bearden oak ridge or powell of the past he would be a solid player and contribute about 15-18 points a game cuz he wouldnt get as many shots cuz he has good players surrounding him.

and ill look at it in your opinion too... if he played at a better school he would have a better surrounding cast and he wouldnt have to work as hard to score cuz the other team couldnt just concentrate on skylar, but also if skyler mcbee happened to play at a big school it wouldnt be all about skylar he wouldnt have the hype/ recognition he gets at grangier, which he wouldnt have half the colleges that are looking at him now still looking at him if he played at a big school cuz his numbers wouldnt be off the page and outstanding they would be good numbers and that wouldnt get big colleges interested in a 6'1 shooter (theres been several of those thats came through knoxville bewer, roth, seymore (he averaged 22 points and 12 rebounds shot 44 % behind the arc as a guard and didnt go big), and ryan walden was a good guard about 6'1 if you put him at a small school he does the same thing as skyler. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG ABOUT THIS SKYLAR IS A REAL GOOD PLAYER I BELIEVE HE CAN HOLD HIS OWN WITH D1 PLAYERS NO DOUBT HES A GREAT SHOOTER AND THATS WHAT MAKES HIM STAND OUT. I THINK HE SHOULD PLAY D1.

put yourself in colleges shoes they here about a kid whos 6'1 pure shooter whos scoring 30 35 a game hitting 5 or 6 threes a game whos stats are off the chart at Grangier.

Then say if he played at bearden this year they would here about demonte and everybody else on that team but they would also here about a kid who hits a 2 or 3 threes a game a pure shooter... averaging 17 18 points whos only 6'1.

honestly who would yall look at???

But this thread is about Carter basketball, so im gonna get back to talking about that... Things are looking up after this last game, but saying that things cant really look down considering what theyve done this year.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a brave soul for saying that. I give you some points for doing it too, but you said win state. Right now Carter can't beat Halls, Karns, AE, Anderson County, Fulton, barely beat Grace, the list goes on and on. It's called reality. Pehaps, if Carter can do the minor things, tame the lone superstars, and play team ball then they have a chance of finishing out the year on a positive note.

AE is gunning for a Gold Ball, and Fulton doesn't want to be in second place, but the field remains as competitive as ever with teams that have come to play. Bearden was challenged by the post coming from Coach T, and took care of business. What would Carter do? What are the Carter players willing to give up to make it? Do they understand that every thing they do affects the team; from playing lazy, forcing shots, not protecting the ball, and finally but not least, I am the superstar mentality. Thanks for challenging your brother, and I hope that he hears you, because we can.

I hope big Meady can be a leader and get this team on the right track, but winning a state would be a very tough challenge, getting to state would be a very tough challenge actually just because AE is scary good this year! and fulton is gonna be right up there they know what it takes to bring home a gold ball... i c Carter having the potential to being a great team by the end of the year and making a run for it, but its gonna take a lot of hard work, ego adjustments, and determination to make it happen... they got the talent we all know that... they just got to figure out how to use all that talent as a TEAM, not me vs u ball, that only takes you so far such as beating the seymores, grangiers, and graces.

Joe Meady is My Brother and i believe that if he would actually man up and step up to be a leader they COULD win State....

I am not meaning this in a Negative way whatsoever Joe is a crazy good when hes playing againsnt me and other people He Dunks, shoots 3's, and passes like a point guard. BUT on the court they dont like passing Joe the ball I guess they think "Oh he's getting looked at by college's where are mine at?" That when it turns into a Ballhog i want to be the superstar type of game. Joe is 6'8 there is nobody that is as near as tall as him except Jay from Maryville i think he is 6'10 but anyways his teammates really dont give him a chance from the last couple of games i seen Joe's points came from mostly putbacks and there is no reason for that. So what i said before is not a putdown to Joe in anyway form or fashion Carter needs somebody that controls the tide of the game and i think that person is Joe Meady.

I am not meaning this in a Negative way whatsoever Joe is a crazy good when hes playing againsnt me and other people He Dunks, shoots 3's, and passes like a point guard. BUT on the court they dont like passing Joe the ball I guess they think "Oh he's getting looked at by college's where are mine at?" That when it turns into a Ballhog i want to be the superstar type of game. Joe is 6'8 there is nobody that is as near as tall as him except Jay from Maryville i think he is 6'10 but anyways his teammates really dont give him a chance from the last couple of games i seen Joe's points came from mostly putbacks and there is no reason for that. So what i said before is not a putdown to Joe in anyway form or fashion Carter needs somebody that controls the tide of the game and i think that person is Joe Meady.

Man i know where your coming from on that, he should get a lot more touches on the ball, but the thing he has to do is be more assertive in the post... hes gotta post harder act like he wants the ball, then when he gets the ball hes gotta use that 6'8 frame and get an easy score! Joe has a lot of potentail, but watching him play this year, ive seen he plays too nice like he doesnt want to hurt anybody accidentily by how big he is if you get what im sayin... (idk if yall watched Jared McGaha in football he played too nice and Joe Meady reminds me of him just in basketball)... Get mean!! lol.

I agree with you somewhat there. I think there is a little bit of a me attitude on the team, but I haven't seen it as much in the last few games. If I were coaching Carter, Joe and Lester would touch the ball at least once a possession. The thing about Joe is that he plays too soft. Now I know he's not going to dunk it every time he touches the ball, but he can at least go up strong with it. If he improves his hands and develops the moves like Ballking said he will be a force. Hopefully he will, but time is starting to run out.

I'm also on your side when you say that the other players are after their self interest. Joe is a senior, and it's time for him to do everything to put some meaning in his game. I mean he needs to put the word out that he is not playing around anymore to the rest of the Superstars, and set the tone for the games that lie ahead. Get mean Joe, because you're not hurting our feelings, it's your team that needs it. The ball does need to touch the hands of Joe, but that in its self is a feat, because when Lester touches it it's over. He is not a John Jenkins, Drew Kelly, or anyone on that level who can take over an entire game. Work as a team and put them EGOS to rest. What's so disappointing about the whole situation, is that this has been going on for years. It must be a Carter thing. I've heard it over and over again, Give Carter time, the football players need time to adjust, or it only counts during tournament time. My friends it counts all the time. Most teams that make it to State, and bring home a GOLD Ball work hard from the get go. Stop making excuses and start holding the people accountable from the players on up.

Is Carter ready for the likes of Campbell County? Did the squad get enough time to get there stuff together. Carter is Carter is Carter. What day is the L. Stanton coming back, and did he learn his lesson? People would like to know.

I don't know anything about Campbell County. Are they a good team or should Carter win this one?

I heard they are pretty good but Carter should win, I think

Yeah Campbell County is stout in there district this year, but there district is down this year... Campbell County has one guard who is about 6'2 his names poteet and he can score anywhere from 20 to 40 on any giving night. theyll have to play some good defense on him, if they wanna win this one because if you let him score his 25 he has a good enough surrounding cast to win.... so limit poteet under 15 and they can win this game.

It comes as no surprise that Carter beat ND at the pilot classic yesterday, but the article that was printed in the Knoxnews sports page is a bit too much. Do you think that Carter will actually get better with the younger players coming on line. Are all the other schools giving them props for doing that? The best thing that the sport reporter could do was drive about a few miles away to Lenior City to watch a game and do some good reporting on it. What I read from the website and the newspaper is two different stories, one says interest, and the other said inquires from TN, FL and so on. Could we also say that every kid that recieves a letter, has a school of interest or are they inquiring about someone. I leave it up to the powers that be, because when it comes to push and shove the proof is in the writing. As far as the younger Carter bunch goes enough said.