Jedidiah Covington- Jackson, TN Bound

ripvanstinkle

yeah usj is fire in basketball let me tell you... yall have been doing really well in your district

Not what you said. Maybe you should have said "Trinity does better in it's district than the others"???

I responded to the comment you made.....not what you later meant. Could really care less, just thought it was an vague comment based on absolutely nothing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way it sounds, if this guy is for real that is, he only plays AAU. And another big red flag that it might not be for real is the fact that he is Amish. The Amish are traditionalist and rarely stray from their own communities. Not to say that a few move don't away from the community but it is really rare for a whole family to leave. I could be mistaken but that is what I know to the best of my knowledge.

Well, he did say AAU "type" tournaments against other home schooled kids...still sounds odd to me.

gcpioneer... he would be a star at a private school.. prolly not so much at liberty... i can promise you had the long brothers played at a jackson private school they couldve easily gone to a big d1 school bc they wouldve dropped like 35 a night

Not to be mean but you have no clue what you are talking about. College coaches are smart enough to know how good kids are based on all aspects. Just b/c you put up 35 a night playing nobody doesnt mean you are better than somebody playing against great competition and scoring 16-18 a night. These people get paid BIG bucks to know all the details about schools, players, competition, and go and watch the kids numerous times and get the full idea. ANYBODY wanting to be big time needs to play at Liberty. JCS, TCA, and USJ wont garner the success or the attention that a two time state champion will!

Not to be mean but you have no clue what you are talking about. College coaches are smart enough to know how good kids are based on all aspects. Just b/c you put up 35 a night playing nobody doesnt mean you are better than somebody playing against great competition and scoring 16-18 a night. These people get paid BIG bucks to know all the details about schools, players, competition, and go and watch the kids numerous times and get the full idea. ANYBODY wanting to be big time needs to play at Liberty. JCS, TCA, and USJ wont garner the success or the attention that a two time state champion will!

This is kind of a contradictory post. On one hand, you say that college coaches are smart enough to know who is a better player regardless of competition and then you come back and say that if a kid wants to be Big Time, then he should go to Liberty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but could a college coach not tell if a kid was good enough to play on a high level despite the fact that he plays against weaker competition. The coach would evaluate the player rather than who he is playing against.

It doesn't matter too much regardless, however, because most of the evaluating goes on during the summer now with AAU programs rather than with the kid's high school.

I can't find out anything on this kid. Can somebody give me the name of the AAU team he played on? Is this for real or not? The Amish baller...that is a first. Kinda like that move Kingpin...only this is basketball instead of bowling!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I can't find out anything on this kid. Can somebody give me the name of the AAU team he played on? Is this for real or not? The Amish baller...that is a first. Kinda like that move Kingpin...only this is basketball instead of bowling!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Based on the initial description, I think if he actually existed we would have already seen him talking to Bryant Gumbel on Real Sports. I am afraid the joke is on us.

I wonder if whatever school in Jackson he decides to attend will make Jedidiah shave is beard? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I wonder if there is a Roy Munson in this story also??