2009-2013 district 8aa

swipper

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Dekalb will be a formidable opponent based on the return of Poteete alone. They will have trouble with SC because SC plays good defense and Dekalb does not.

Yelp, I expect Poteete to pose a problem, as well as White House, and I expect LA to be improved.

I would suggest that SC move #54 and to LB on defense, #76 to DE with #8 , Work #72 and #78 at DT and find somebody (probably) #5 to run the ball..............SC will be OK.

I see Smith Co. and Dekalb Co. competing for the top 2 spots. I hope Livingston can do something this year also. York loses alot and so does Cannon Co. and Upperman. Should be exciting!!! Smith Co. non region games will be pretty tough also!!! Remember, there is no 3A and 4A in the season!!!

Come on glover you know you are a CLAF! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> No love for LA?? Seriously, now that I understand the new format, I think Smith Co. is a lock for one spot. With what LA returns and maybe even some of the freshmen helping, I see them getting the other spot. York loses too much but will be competitive. Dekalb from what I understand lost a lot this year but Poteete returning will make everybody better on the offensive side of the ball. And Cannon and Upperman will fight one another to stay out of the cellar. Good luck to all!

Smith and Dekalb will be the top dogs.

They both return key players.

From what I know, Smith was a young team this year, I think they overachieved this year, IMO. Especially considering the returning starters York and Westmoreland had this year.

Dekalb returns Poteete, Edwards and Johnson(their best two receivers), and other key players including Collier, not sure if their starting RB, Matthew Lawrence, is returning or not.

I hope for LA to turn the corner that they've been trying to get around since their championship season of '05.

I expect York and Upperman to be way down and have to compete with Cannon to stay off the bottom of the District.

Guest Termite

Today, I would tend to believe SC is the favorite. They have a load of Jrs. and Sophs. playing this year. They have 4-5 players (mostly skill positions) to TRY to replace. Dekalb has a couple or 3 players that will get your attention, and it's time for LA to rebound. I think York,Cannon, and Baxter were gutted this year and have a little rebuilding to do.

The rest of Scs schedule could pose a challenge too.....

Gordonsville-Westmoreland -White House-Cheatham Co.-Macon Co...

Scs has had the upper hand on G-ville- Macon Co. and Westy the last year or 2....but White House could be a spoiler and Cheatham Co. is an unknown.

Based on 1 good year out of the last ...what......20??????

Football as much as any sport greatly varys from year to year. There could be a long streak of domination or of being dominated, and it can all be turned upside down in just a year because of how unpredictable high school football can be. I am not saying that a storied history doesnt matter because it does, but a team can be steeped in as much tradition as it can stand and still lose every game. But you also have to keep in mind that a program that has very little tradition to lean back on can go out there and and create their own. Players have to have that desire to win, and its easy for a team that has never win much before to use that as an excuse when they continue losing. The players on this year's Dekalb team and I think next year's team both have the combination of skill, coaching, and unquenchable desire to win a lot of football games.

But, thats why you play the game!

Today, I would tend to believe SC is the favorite. They have a load of Jrs. and Sophs. playing this year. They have 4-5 players (mostly skill positions) to TRY to replace. Dekalb has a couple or 3 players that will get your attention, and it's time for LA to rebound. I think York,Cannon, and Baxter were gutted this year and have a little rebuilding to do.

The rest of Scs schedule could pose a challenge too.....

Gordonsville-Westmoreland -White House-Cheatham Co.-Macon Co...

Scs has had the upper hand on G-ville- Macon Co. and Westy the last year or 2....but White House could be a spoiler and Cheatham Co. is an unknown.

SC won't have to worry too much about Cheatham Co.

However, I'm hoping Gordonsville will give ya'll a game next year.